What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Dark Prince (Dark, #1)
This topic is about Dark Prince
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Book series about vampire "lord" (who can turn into a crow or mist) and the telepathic tourist he falls for. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Hill | 2 comments I listened to an audiobook about 2 years ago and want to continue reading
the series. I remember that a (maybe American) tourist to a small town is
courted by a vampire lord/prince/etc. He is first attracted to her by her telepathic "cry for help". She has helped the police in the past and has
gone on vacation because she is in fact a telepath and can't seem to control what she hears. The vampire can turn into either a crow or mist and he goes to find her. After this initial meeting, their attachment grows quickly. The villagers of the town actually really like the guy it seems. He can feed from them and make them forget what happened. I think he wants her to move in with him, but I don't remember if she left the hotel or not. Also in the same hotel as the woman is another guy who is vying for her attention and an older couple who turn out to be the big baddies. At the end of the book, we find out there are more vampires who have been
getting attacked and meet a few more of his people. This was only the first book of the series, and I'm eager to continue

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Christine, can you remember any more about the book? Names of the characters maybe?

Were the vampires called anything special--Dark Ones, Moravians, Dracules etc.

Was this a PNR series where each book features a different couple or was it more UF with some love interest where the same main characters are followed? Or do you not remember?

Do you remember where the book was set? I'm assuming Europe, somewhere, but do you remember where? Germany, France, Croatia, Russia?

message 3: by Barbara (new) - added it

Barbara Brien | 151 comments I can't think "tourist" and "vampire" without thinking of Glenraven. Could this be it?

If not, was it more of a sci-fi / fantasy type, or more of a romance type book?

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen | 41 comments This isn't something by Christine Feehan is it? One of her Carpathian novels? Dark Prince is the first.

message 5: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee (austhokie) | 609 comments i really sounds like Dark Price - Raven is a tourist to the area, having dreams or something that draws her there

SamJ ★Needs a HEA★ | 138 comments Yep, agree with others, sounds like Dark Prince, first in the Christine Feehan Carpathian series.

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
The tourist part reminded me of A Girl's Guide to Vampires but the Dark Ones in this series can't change shape. But I think that there were a lot of crows or ravens around where the action is happening.

(Sorry, major headache going on, and trying to "work through it" doesn't seem to be working well.)

message 8: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Hill | 2 comments Yes! It is Dark Prince. I'm so grateful for all the responses here.