Short & Sweet Treats discussion

Take a Coffee Break... > What Time Is It and What Are you Doing?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 290 (290 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

LaLaLa Laura  (laurabhoffman) | 4443 comments Mod
Since we have a lot of interesting members from around the world, we thought it would be fun to know what time is it where you are and what are you doing?

message 2: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) It's 9:30 in NJ and as Laura can tell you I've been on my computer way too long. But I was interrupted by our daughter who is into the next rite of passage as we call it. She called me to complain about her mother in law who is staying with her for the weekend with her father in law as well. She doesn't seem to complain about him but I am patient and listen and have no answers for her. I think part of the problem may be that we are a very small family and she married into a rather large family with all sorts of personalities, etc.

BTW - is that too much information? I guess like Michelle, I am also venting. LOL

message 3: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

Nancy wrote: "It's 9:30 in NJ and as Laura can tell you I've been on my computer way too long. But I was interrupted by our daughter who is into the next rite of passage as we call it. She called me to complai..."

That's ok, Nancy! This is a place for discussion!

message 4: by Danaë (new)

Danaë | 125 comments Nancy wrote: "It's 9:30 in NJ and as Laura can tell you I've been on my computer way too long. But I was interrupted by our daughter who is into the next rite of passage as we call it. She called me to complai..."

Don't feel bad about venting Nancy, we all have to sometimes or we'd explode. :) If your daughter is in the same area as you her weekend visit must be almost over at least!

It is 10:29 am here in Alaska. I got up later than usual so I just finished my blueberry pancakes and now I'm nursing my cup of coffee while I play on the computer for a bit. My little dog Spud is on my lap interfering with my typing. My bigger dog Pirate is pouting because I forgot to save him a piece of pancake. Dog treats are a poor substitute apparently.

message 5: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

Alaska! wow.! what is summer like over there?

message 6: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

it's 3:40 pm where I am and I have been cleaning all day

message 7: by Danaë (new)

Danaë | 125 comments LaLaLa Laura wrote: "Alaska! wow.! what is summer like over there?"

Summer is beautiful Laura, but short! I am in the middle region at a high elevation, so my summer is from June to mid-August. This year we had a lot of hot weather at the beginning, up into the 90s which is very rare. I actually have a photo of myself in front of a pile of snow on a day that reached 98 degrees. It was the middle of June and the snow piled by the plows hadn't melted completely yet. Usually our temps are in the 50s to 60s, with a few days in the 70s. We are slipping into fall now. Some leaves are turning yellow and orange and the wild berries are ripe. There are huge clouds of fireweed seed fluff going past the windows. Last night we had a hard frost which left an 1/8th inch of ice on the water in one of my garden buckets. In the middle of summer it doesn't get dark at night, there is always some light to see the path to the outhouse or let the dogs out, but now it is pitch black by 10pm. It's really the darkest time of year because once the snow gets on the ground we have a lot of reflected light. That helps make up for it getting dark before 4pm.

message 8: by Danaë (new)

Danaë | 125 comments LaLaLa Laura wrote: "it's 3:40 pm where I am and I have been cleaning all day"

That's what I should be doing. :)

message 9: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) Danaë wrote: "Nancy wrote: "It's 9:30 in NJ and as Laura can tell you I've been on my computer way too long. But I was interrupted by our daughter who is into the next rite of passage as we call it. She called..."

Wow Danae - Alaska!! What part and have you always lived there? We visited parts of Alaska about 8 years ago and I hope to get back there someday.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

It's 11:11 p.m. in Atlanta. I just joined "Short and Sweet Teas". I am surfing Goodreads.com AND watching the movie "Courageous".

message 11: by LaLaLa Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2013 08:20PM) (new)

Welcome to Short & Sweet, Annetta! I'm in NY so it's the same time here as you!

message 12: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) Ok - here in NJ it's almost 4 in the morning. I stayed up a bit late reading the book I began The German Suitcase by Greg Dinallo, then fell asleep and woke at 3. So what am I doing now but playing on my computer.

message 13: by Tessa (new)

Tessa (himmelhoch) And it's 13:05 in Germany, a nice and sunny afternoon. I started my first day of vacation with a nice morning with my mother. I just got home and checked my emails. Now Im trying to decide between doing nothing, reading a book or getting out to ride a horse or two. I love time off!

message 14: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) Have fun Tessa. Since I no longer work full time but substitute teach here and there, every morning I get to choose what I want to do.

It is 9:210 here in NJ and I am about to get ready for the day. I'm meeting my tennis group for an end of the year brunch and then will visit my two libraries to return books and see what I can pick up.

message 15: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

It's around 5:00 pm here and I just got home from work :) family time

message 16: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) It's almost 8 and I need to get up and dress for my Bible class at 9:30.

message 17: by Danaë (new)

Danaë | 125 comments Nancy wrote: "Wow Danae - Alaska!! What part and have you always lived there? We visited parts of Alaska about 8 years ago and I hope to get back there someday. "

I live in the Denali region, Nancy. It's about halfway between the two big cities Anchorage and Fairbanks. I've lived in Alaska all my life, mostly here in this area, but I also lived in Anchorage for the majority of my school years. What parts of Alaska did you get to see on your trip?

Tessa wrote: "And it's 13:05 in Germany, a nice and sunny afternoon. I started my first day of vacation with a nice morning with my mother. I just got home and checked my emails. Now Im trying to decide between doing nothing, reading a book or getting out to ride a horse or two. I love time off!"

Sounds like a great start to your vacation! How many horses do you have Tessa?

Annetta wrote: "It's 11:11 p.m. in Atlanta. I just joined "Short and Sweet Teas". I am surfing Goodreads.com AND watching the movie "Courageous"."

You must be a multitasker Annetta!

It is 11:25am and I am getting ready to start a sketch for a new painting.

message 18: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) We haven't been to Denali, Danae. Maybe the next trip.

It is 7:30 here in the US. I am off to play tennis and I have a funeral this afternoon. Third one this summer- Can't wait for Labor Day.

Good luck with your new painting.

message 19: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

have fun Jen! maybe let us know any fun tid bits you learn!

message 20: by Tessa (new)

Tessa (himmelhoch) Danaë wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Wow Danae - Alaska!! What part and have you always lived there? We visited parts of Alaska about 8 years ago and I hope to get back there someday. "

I live in the Denali region, Nanc..."

Wow..Alaska is one of those places I don't even have an idea about. I think I need to google it..I kind of imagine it like sweden or norway?!

I have three. One old Lady, we did eventing together, and two young ones. One dressage horse and one will hopefully get into eventing, too.

And now it's 06:30 in the evening and I'm off to a friends, for some barbecue and last minute arrangements for our England-Trip next week. I'm so excited!

message 21: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

4:40 pm and I have been home watching my son today :)

message 22: by Craig (new)

Craig | 17 comments 7:25 pm on Long Island and I am watching children's programming with my wife and son.

message 23: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) Best, best wished to you Jen. I do commend you about going back to school to study something new if this is what you are doing.

message 24: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) It's 4:45 and I am sitting at my computer listening to an audio book and ruminating about the fact that I broke a tooth today. My luck, right before a holiday weekend and then our holiday next week. I was ale to get an appointment for Tuesday morning.

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Jenn Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Schu (jennschu) | 7041 comments Nancy wrote: "Best, best wished to you Jen. I do commend you about going back to school to study something new if this is what you are doing."

Yes, I am studying something completely different.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

It is 10:16 p.m.and I am finally relaxing from going nonstop today. Feels good just to sit in my easy chair & nothing expected of me.
Even though I am getting over a cold.

message 27: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

ohhhh feel better, Annetta. let yourself "just be" and relax ..

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Jenn Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Schu (jennschu) | 7041 comments Feel better :)

message 29: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

its 8:56 am and I have to take my car in to get repaired. but after that, my husband and I are going shopping for our BBQ we are having today :)

message 30: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) What's your address, Laura. LOL

It is 9;37 and I just woke up. Actually I woke at 1 and was on this machine and reading until 5 when I crawled into bed and fell asleep again. I am real tired today after spending yesterday at the US Open watching tennis matches and people watching. I am really tired and have few plans for today until services this evening at our Temple before our High Holydays.

message 31: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

Short & Sweet Party over here!

message 32: by Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Jenn Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ (last edited Aug 31, 2013 09:16AM) (new)

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Jenn Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Schu (jennschu) | 7041 comments 12:14 PM, have a few items that need or would like to do today. Our favorite gaming spot is closing so thinking of going there, also there is an evening High Holy Days service tonight at a local temple, thinking of attending that since our schedule doesn't provide for the weekday evening services. Also need to grocery shop and study.

message 33: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) Let me know if you go to the service this evening, Jen. Our Temple is showing the movie The Gatekeepers about the Israeli Defense Force, then a discussion and dessert and a short service.

message 34: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) It is now 1:30 - I did three loads of wash (well the machine did them) and will fold them later. We had lunch, unloaded the dishwasher and now I am sitting here waiting to watch the Nadal tennis match. It is hot, sticky and humid out today so staying indoors is looking better and better.

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Jenn Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Schu (jennschu) | 7041 comments 2:40 pm: Just finished editing my paper on social media intimacy, working on laundry, need to study A&P, very sleepy today.

message 36: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) I'm also very sleepy. Maybe it's just that kind of a day.

message 37: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

It's almost 10 am here and we are going for a nice car ride today and see where we end up.

What's everyone else doing today?

message 38: by Nancy from NJ (last edited Sep 02, 2013 07:31AM) (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) I love to take car rides Laura but since Bruce travels around by car all week we don't do it too often these days.

It's 10:30 here and we are going to Newark airport to pick up our kids and then have lunch with them. After that, I want to come home and really make a dent into the books I'm reading.

message 39: by Tessa (new)

Tessa (himmelhoch) So it's 11:30 (is it p.m. when it's night? Im sorry, I have no idea..) and I just finished packing since I will go on vocation tomorrow! It's my very first time in Great Britain and I'm super excited! (and I will be flying for the very first time..so big day, tomorrow!)

So, have a great week, everyone!

message 40: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) Have a wonderful time, Tessa.

It's 5:55 now here in NJ and I am waiting for Bruce to come home and have dinner. I had a busy day - phone calls in the morning, then the library, dentist, second library and finally a manicure.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

It is 10:11 p.m. I enjoy these times. I make special effort each night to browse through discussion threads on Goodreads. It's my way of winding down. Plus, so much for me to learn from some discussion threads.

message 42: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

it's 6:50 am here. I hope everyone has a good day!

message 43: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) it 8;30 here and I have been up since 2. I am dressed and ready to go to Temple this morning. I am sitting on the bemah (altar) this morning which is in honor of my service to the Temple. Afterwards we will come home and have lunch. Tonight we have dinner out with friends tomorrow morning we leave for Philadelphia for the weekend.

message 44: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

its about 10:45 on and I got back a few hours ago from a Rosh Hashana dinner. I'm pretty full now :s

message 45: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

pm *

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Jenn Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Schu (jennschu) | 7041 comments It's 11:40 and I need to go to bed and will have to take a sleeping pill to do so tonight as I did last night.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

It is 1:14 p.m. and I am getting closer to finishing the book The Light Between Oceans. I am enjoying "quiet & relaxing" time @ home. I actually have the whole house to myself. Well, I have to share it with the dogs, but they are laid back - just like me!!

message 48: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) It's 6:36 pm here. I'm on goodreads and listening to music.

message 49: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) It is 7:46 and I am gearing up for a very full day. After spending two days away today is catch up day. I'm off to the supermarket, the drugstore, then to Lord & Talor to look for shoes for our trip, then to two libraries and finally for a pedicure.

But what I am really looking forward to is the Nadal match tonight. Go Rafa!!!!

message 50: by Diana S (new)

Diana S It's 12:25 pm and I'm getting ready to go to the bookstore to pick up a copy of the The Illustrated Man and maybe some others that I might find on the clearance shelf. Then have lunch. Come back home, do some tidy up around the house. Then it will be time to go to band practice. After practice, go have a late dinner with some of the band members. Then my husband and I will probably go home, get ready for bed and start reading for a couple of hours. Goodnight! Sweet Dreams!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6