The Official Chick Lit Group discussion

Gossip > General Introductions

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Yo! I'm Jane. I love books, always have my nose buried in one. I used to be a literary agent a long long time ago (another world!), and tbh I don't miss it. It was very cut and thrust.
I'm retired now and divide my time between London and NY.

message 2: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 4 comments Hi Jane! I am Jencey and I write the blog Writer's Corner. I would say that chick lit is my favorite genre. I tend to read what this group is about with a little historical fiction thrown in. (not romance). I work as Library Tech in the DeKalb system.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice to meet you Jencey. :)

Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms (linda_unconventional_bookworms) | 3 comments Hi Jane and Jencey :) I'm Lexxie, I have read since I was a little girl, and I still can't get enough of books. I blog at (un)Conventional Bookviews about the books I read.

I love chick lit, but I also read romance, historical romance, paranormal, YA, NA and contemporary as well as a little bit of non-fiction.

It's nice to 'meet' you both :)

message 5: by Louise (new)

Wise Louise (louisewise) | 8 comments Hello everyone.

I'm Louise. I read contemporary/chick lit novels, but also enjoy 'light' sci-fi. I write them as well. :)

I blog at: http://www.louisewise.com and like to feature authors.

message 6: by Patsy (last edited Aug 25, 2013 03:39AM) (new)

Patsy Collins Hi.

I'm Patsy. I read a wide range of fiction - including Chick Lit, obviously. I write short stories for women's magazines and have three published novels. Two of these are romance/Chick Lit.

I have a blog. http://patsy-collins.blogspot.co.uk/

message 7: by Jayne (new)

Jayne Denker (jayne_denker) | 3 comments Hi Jane! I'm Jayne! (And hi everybody else too--I just really wanted to do that. :P ) I'm a chick lit author, but my publisher labels me contemporary romance, because reasons. (Something about the words "chick lit" being to American publishers as sunlight is to old-fashioned non-sparkly vampires.) Two are published, one is coming in November, and another is in progress. I should be writing that, but here I am! Obviously I am also a glorious time waster.

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Howdy all!

My name is Deb Nam-Krane. I write romance/chick lit that should technically be New Adult, but has much less sex than most other offerings in that category (and I'm okay with it ;-) ). My first book The Smartest Girl in the Room came out in March and the sequel The Family You Choose is coming out in late September.

I've been reviewing and blogging for years. My writing blog is Written by Deb http://writtenbydeb.blogspot.com I'm happy to feature authors for guest posts relating to their book, hopefully more reader-focused than writer-focused (i.e., something that appeals to people other than writers). If I like your book I'm also happy to do an interview so we can talk about your story.

message 9: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2 comments Hi!

I'm Brandy. Of course I love Chick Lit, but I also enjoy reading memoirs, YA, and humor.

Feel free to add me as a friend!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello and welcome everyone.

This group is your group. It's new and I'd suggestion on how you'd like it run.

I'm thinking we could start a book reading club? All read the same one and then comment on it?

message 11: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Hmm... let me clear my TBR list this weekend and I can get to that.

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate Bishop (breathebykatebishop) | 2 comments Hi all,
Kristin of Kate Bishop. (Kate is actually three women. I am K.) Glad to have found you all. I would love to participate in a monthly book club. Choose the book together, start a separate discussion of chosen book? Thanks for hosting this group, Jane!
K of KTB

message 13: by Tash (new)

Tash (ntorzsa) Hi all,
I'm Tasha from Australia. I read mainly Chick Lit, Romance, Erotic novels. I find I can't get through books of other genres. I read probably 2 books a month at the moment and would be willing to participate in a book club and also just for new friends.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi I'm JC
I have just finished my novel 'Put Downs and Paper Panties' - an adult romantic comedy with some spice.

Put Downs and Paper Panties

Samantha Loxley is a twenty something, party loving career girl. Sexy and wickedly funny, she is ready to embrace her ‘try anything once’ personality but begins to realize she is getting stuck in a rut at the Advertising Agency.

A chance meeting at the gym with the much older but gorgeous Drew throws a new perspective on her life as he introduces her to places she’s never been, and she realizes that sexuality is far more complicated than she ever thought possible. The guys are gorgeous but then so are the girls, and what is a girl to do.

The deadly Ninja assassin masseuse, ripped paper panties, and stick on bras that don’t stick make for an interesting and hilarious day as she prepares for a big night out. But she will have to stay one step ahead of Marcus, the swarthy executive from the front office who has her picked out as a notch on his hotel bedpost. He discovers that far from being a master of the universe he hasn’t accounted for Samantha’s sharp tongue and her twisted humour as she leads him to the ultimate humiliation.
The book is intended for adults only as some scenes are graphic.

If you are interested in reading for a review, please drop me a message.

Thanks and nice to meet you all.
JC x

message 15: by Stacy (new)

Stacy Juba | 1 comments Hi everyone, I'm Stacy Juba and I am a chick lit author as well as an avid reader. My favorite chick lit author is Sophie Kinsella. Love her!!

My first chick lit novel is Fooling Around With Cinderella, the first in my Storybook Valley theme park series. I am actively seeking reviewers, so please feel free to drop me a message.