RiseUp! discussion

Books > What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Mojoboy31 | 3210 comments Mod
Here's a topic to talk about the books we're currently reading.

I just finished books two and three of The Solitary Tales, and reviewed them.

Just got Divergent/Insurgent two in one e book from library. I'm already fifteen or so chapters into Divergent.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Elmira001) | 177 comments Cool, Divergent is good. What do you think so far?

message 3: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) | 179 comments I love those books! I'm rereading Insurgent :D

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Elmira001) | 177 comments I want to reread insurgent before Allegiant comes out

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading Gods War, it is amazing!

message 6: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Sierra wrote: "I love those books! I'm rereading Insurgent :D"

Ha, coolio.

Amanda wrote: "Cool, Divergent is good. What do you think so far?"

I have no complaints so far. The world Roth created is interesting, and I'm loving the present tense, the characters are interesting enough. Though, there's nothing really super awesome, or mind blowing yet. Everything is solid, except maybe the dialogue. The dialogue could use work, I guess.

message 7: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments I finished Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead. Now I'm on The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and The Roman, the Twelve and the King by Jenny L. Cote.

message 8: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 4058 comments Mod
Im reading.... Whoa, I can't remember the title right now :/ This is weird....

message 9: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Narnian525♥♪ wrote: "I finished Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead. Now I'm on The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and The Roman, the Twelve and the King by Jenny L. Cote."

How did you like Hood?

message 10: by brooke1994 (last edited Aug 24, 2013 06:24AM) (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Mojoboy31 wrote: "Narnian525♥♪ wrote: "I finished Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead. Now I'm on The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and The Roman, the Twelve and the King by Jenny L. Cote."

How did you like Hood?"

I liked it. It's not exactly up there with other Medieval books that I've read imo, but it deserved the three star rating that I gave it, for the most part. The author took me on twists and turns with every page. Definitely made me see the legend of Robin Hood in a new light.

message 11: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Narnian525♥♪ wrote: "Mojoboy31 wrote: "Narnian525♥♪ wrote: "I finished Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead. Now I'm on The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and The Roman, the Twelve and the King by Jenny L. Cote."

How did you like..."

I still wanna check that out.

Just finished reading Divergent. Gonna start on Insurgent soon.

message 12: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Mojoboy31 wrote: "Narnian525♥♪ wrote: "Mojoboy31 wrote: "Narnian525♥♪ wrote: "I finished Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead. Now I'm on The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and The Roman, the Twelve and the King by Jenny L. Cot..."

Oh, good :)

message 13: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Currently reading:

Healer (The Brides of Alba #1) by Linda Windsor

A good book with an interesting Christian perspective, good plot, likable characters...

Also reading: Taken (Taken, #1) by Erin Bowman

A dystopian YA book.

message 14: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

I'm starting the second book in the Homelanders series! XD

message 15: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Have you not read it before.

message 16: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

No, I only read the first one, lol!

message 17: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Book two's my favorite.

message 18: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Oh, really? Yay, can't wait to start it tomorrow!

message 19: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Yeah, as good as book one is, book two just rocks.

message 20: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Really?! WOW!

message 21: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Really, really, lol. I think you'll love it.

message 22: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Ugh, you are making me want to jump out of bed and start it right now! ;)

message 23: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Ugh, you are making me want to jump out of bed and start it right now! ;)"

Don't do that! lol. If you did, you'd be up all night reading, cause you won't wanna put it down.

message 24: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Lol, yea.... That would be bad...... XD

message 25: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Don't read it until you have time to read it. lol

message 26: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Lol, hey, I finished that book I'm supposed to read for school & school starts Sept. 9th! :D

message 27: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Way to go!

message 28: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

I FINISHED THE SECOND HOMELANDERS BOOK!!!!!!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 29: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "I FINISHED THE SECOND HOMELANDERS BOOK!!!!!!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..."

Right!?!!!! lol...

message 30: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Mojoboy31 wrote: "Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "I FINISHED THE SECOND HOMELANDERS BOOK!!!!!!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..."

AHHHH LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 31: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Better than the first?

message 32: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Yes!!!!!!!!I loved it when the friends would get together. They were HILARIOUS! XD

message 33: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Yes!!!!!!!!I loved it when the friends would get together. They were HILARIOUS! XD"

Now, for the tough question... Better than *gasp* Crazy Dangerous?...

message 34: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Hmmmmmmmm that IS tough..... I don't know..... hmmmm....... nah, I can't. I still love Crazy Dangerous more...

message 35: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

I started the third book this morning.

message 36: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Their both different enough that I don't need one to be better than the other, but in terms of balance; everything in Crazy Dangerous was just fantastic! Except for the "romance"; that was kinda just dumb.

Long Way Home's was much better.

message 37: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

There wasn't really any "romance" in Crazy Dangerous.

message 38: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "There wasn't really any "romance" in Crazy Dangerous."

Kinda my point. He had a "love interest", but she really wasn't hardly even in the book, or anything, but it was just kinda thrown in there.

message 39: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

I liked it. Like, ok, Charlie is having a crazy time right now, and then he would stop and think of Beth, and that's understandable, but sometimes it was like, "You have something BIGGER to worry about right now!" And that's why with Crazy Dangerous, it was fine because Sam knew he had to put that aside and get serious about the situation.

message 40: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "I liked it. Like, ok, Charlie is having a crazy time right now, and then he would stop and think of Beth, and that's understandable, but sometimes it was like, "You have something BIGGER to worry a..."

Oh, yeah, I agree. It was kinda dumb how he would like stop to call her at a pay phone in book one, and that kind of thing, but book two had flashbacks and stuff, too, so it wasn't like he just wasting time, or anything. But as a whole, it made sense and it didn't feel tacked on, and it had a large part to play in the overall story arc.

But the humor in Crazy Dangerous... That's one of the funniest books ever.

message 41: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Well, yea, in the first one with the payphone, I was like, "What?! Uh, hello, Charlie?! You are going to get CAUGHT!"

The humor in Crazy Dangerous was amazing. Sam had that awesome sarcasm.

But I laughed a lot in The long way home too though. Well at least when the friends would get together. I loved Josh and Miler!!!

message 42: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (last edited Sep 07, 2013 01:35PM) (new)

Yeah, the payphone was pretty dumb, lol.

I know, his sarcasm was terrific. I loved where the girl hurts her ankle, so Sam carries her. She like nuzzles his chest, and says, "Mmmm, Sam Hopkins."

And he's like Oh, brother.

Yeah, the buddies were really good in Long Way Home

message 43: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Yea, and when Jennifer says how he is a magical friend, he was like, "Yea, that's me. Your "magical friend"."

Yea, they were great! I liked when (view spoiler)

message 44: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Yea, and when Jennifer says how he is a magical friend, he was like, "Yea, that's me. Your "magical friend"."

Yea, they were great! I liked when [spoilers removed]"

Oh, yeah, lol... That was funny.

message 45: by brooke1994 (last edited Sep 07, 2013 07:56PM) (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments I'm actually reading three books right now. One is a soap opera/drama set in the Middle Ages: World without end by Ken Follet, (Not a fan of soaps on t.v but I like this one since it's based in my favorite time period. The Roman, the Twelve, and the King, a Christian novel about the life of Jesus Christ by Jenny L. Cote and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (my brother let me borrow his copy). I lost interest in The Lovely Bones. It's too close to the paranormal/ghost genre and that's not really my style of reading.

message 46: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Mojoboy31 wrote: "Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Yea, and when Jennifer says how he is a magical friend, he was like, "Yea, that's me. Your "magical friend"."

Yea, they were great! I liked when [spoilers removed]"

Oh,..."

:D

message 47: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Narnian525♥♪ wrote: "I'm actually reading three books right now. One is a soap opera/drama set in the Middle Ages: World without end by Ken Follet, (Not a fan of soaps on t.v but I like this one since it's based in my ..."

Oh, coolio...

message 48: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Elmira001) | 177 comments just finished rereading divergent and insurgent, so I'm all ready for allegiant. Somehow I forgot about how I don't like to read multiple books at one time, and am now reading I hunt killers, Crown of midnight(on my tablet) and chains (well I know how that last one happened, it's really slow, and if I was only reading that I'd throw it across the room) Than I'm also reading gregor and the code of claw with my family.

message 49: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Wow, thats a lot of books at one time!

message 50: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Wow, thats a lot of books at one time!"

True that.

Currently reading... Rebel (The Brides of Alba #3) by Linda Windsor

« previous 1