Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Valentine's Arrangement (Hard Feelings, #1)
This topic is about The Valentine's Arrangement
Serieses! > Books not numbered in series page but are on book pages

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Monique (last edited Aug 22, 2013 11:41AM) (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Lisa,

I'm sorry, I must be missing something. It looks to me like the books are numbered on the series page.

ETA: Oh wait, you mean in the title area? No, the series information can be put in the title block but doesn't have to be and newer additions to the database often don't have that information in the title block.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisa928) | 96 comments Ahh... I see the confusion.

Here is the page I am looking at...
http://www.goodreads.com/series/97369...

Yes I see the book # listed now which is what you are referring to. What I was missing was usually after the book name is says the series info in "()". When I use the export option they just look like stand alone books.

For example...

NOW: The Valentine's Arrangement
NORMALLY: The Valentine's Arrangement (Hard Feelings, #1)

message 4: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Yes, for a long time there was no series data except for what was added to the title field. When actual series were implemented, that data was no longer always put into the title field.

Nowadays it is commonplace to add only the title and then add the book to its series. But it also depends on who adds the book to the database. Some people do and some don't so it's not consistent.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisa928) | 96 comments That make sense, the only hiccup I have is the only way I can get the series info from the export is through the title name (I actually parse the title on the open parenthesis) as there is not a field name for series name and number.

message 6: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments We should ask for series info to be added to the export in the Feedback group.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisa928) | 96 comments I had previously posted a request asked for other information (number of ratings) to be added and my post went ignored. I figured it was a lost cause.