Start by marking “The Valentine's Arrangement (Hard Feelings, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Valentine's Arrangement (Hard Feelings, #1)

The Valentine's Arrangement

(Hard Feelings #1)

THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

The emotional, spicy-hot story (Belles Book Bag) that propelled Kelsie Leverich to the New York Times bestseller list!

Tattoo artist Ronnie Clark is counting the days until Valentines Day is over. Ronnie doesnt do romance. She doesnt do flowers or dates, and she sure as hell doesnt do lovenot anymore. Love leads to heartbreak, and shes vowed
Published January 1st 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Valentine's Arrangement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Valentine's Arrangement

Start your review of The Valentine's Arrangement (Hard Feelings, #1)
Pam
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Ronnie "...female tattoo artist with a thing for fictional heroes,"

meets Sergeant First Class Kale Emerson "a fuckingly handsome Captain America impersonator."

What a pair, right!?! I was totally hooked. Ronnie was a stubborn-ball busting-feisty-Bitch, and I Loved Her, even though she made me want to slap her at times. She was such a strong character so you knew that the man to break through had to be stronger. Kale did not disappoint with all mind fuckery, "he loved that he made
Christy
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Three more days and this hearts and flowers shit would be over.

Ronnie, a tattoo artist living in a military town is counting the days until Valentines Day is over. She is not into flowers, chocolate, love, romance, any of it. Not anymore. Not since her fiance cheated on her while he was deployed. Now she is stuck in this town, waiting until she can sell the house she owns with her ex and get out of this town.

Kale Emerson soldier is home for a short break from a tour over seas. Hes only got a
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Three Stars

"You can stop mind fucking me now."
Kale's eyes came close to popping out of his head. "Excuse me?"
Ronnie rolled her eyes. "Let's get this straight, Soldier. I'm not sleeping with you. You can get it out of your pretty little head, and I suggest you do so before I stick a needle to your skin."

I saw this book on Facebook, thought the cover was beautiful, the blurb interesting and the next thing I knew, I had to have it. Maybe it was the kind of day I was having or if I was just in
Kim Person
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I was lucky to have the author ask if I would like to review her upcoming book, which also happens to be her first! Well to say I hit the jackpot is an understatement! I literally felt like this when reading this one......

Ronnie is a sought after tattoo artist who is in high demand! Especially with the military guys! She is coming off a break up with her ex-fiancee and she hates Valentine's Day.. like really hates the cards, candy, flowers, the whole kit and kaboodle that surrounds the Holiday.

Heather Gunter
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about this book. NOTHING! I loved the plot, it flowed completely through out the whole book and I adored all of the characters. Every single "main" character was likable. Ronnie was freaking awesome! Kelsie did a kick ass job writing her. She was sexy, snarky, quick with the one liners and a tattoo artist to boot. I'm a tattoo freak so Kelsie had me at tattoo. The whole story line was different than anything I've read as of late.

Kale, oh handsome hot
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
This book was a MAJOR LET DOWN

When I saw this book, I thought it was going to be a good read it wasnt.

This book featured good characters which could have made a good story line but it seriously lacked content! Majority of the book took place in a span of a few days then they fell in love! (SERIOUSLY, are these people for real???)

Ronnie was is a beautiful and sexy tatoo artist whose heart was broken when he fiancee who is in the army cheats on her. She decided to cut off men and love from her
Cristina
Nov 28, 2012 rated it liked it
*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.*

I read the debut novella, The Valentines Arrangement and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Ronnie is a heroine that you absolutely fall in love with because shes not a damsel in distress. She knows what she wants and she knows how to handle her issues but that doesnt mean she doesnt feel the betrayal of what life can bring. And then theres Kale. Whats not to love about a man in uniform who looks like Captain America?? I will take Captain America any
Kim Karr
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How can you not love a girl who is a Tattoo artist? And who hates Valentine's Day? I do. Ronnie doesn't do romance since finding out her fiancé cheated on her while deployed and she vowed never to fall in love again, especially with a soldier. But guess what...

Meet Sergeant First Class Kale Emerson. Home from Iraq, but wanting to return. He too isn't interested in relationships.

Perfect match right?

In Ronnie, Cale meets his match. Both wanting casual until he changes his mind. Sit back, relax,
Magen Corrie
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Mature Content

*I was sent this book by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Sexy, steamy, and enjoyable. Kelsie did, in my opinion, a great job with her first book. She created a steamy read, which was fun, quick and enjoyable. Did I mention steamy?? Yes, this book was hot! It was a great romance for the mature crowd. And one I am so glad I got to read.

Kelsie was a joy to talk to, so when she asked me to read and review this book, I jumped on it! Why? Well, the synopsis she sent me
Holly
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
After seeing my blog Kelsie contacted me asking if I'd be interested in reading her book, she said she thought I'd love her heroine and SHE WAS RIGHT!!! After she sent me the synopsis I knew Ronnie and I would become BFF!
Ronnie is a sarcastic, snarky, take no BS, get to the point straight shooter very much like myself...and like me she HATES Valentines day (or as I like to call it "singles awareness day") because to Ronnie

"It's excuse for women to whine and dote and bat their eyelashes for
Teri Beth
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
First of all...this was a novella? Well it didn't feel like one to me (and that isn't because it took me three days to read it, I was busy lol). It's because it was a full story. I did not feel like it was lacking anything. There was enough back story on Ronnie and Kale for you to "get" them. There was the perfect amount of story in general. You really get to know the main characters as well as the secondary characters. It was a very well-developed story to be so short.

Also, I loved how the book
Sara  ~Sphunky~
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
****4.5 stars**** I really enjoyed Kelsie Leverich's first book! I absolutely LOVE Kale Emerson (fanning myself)...damn. Ronnie was great as well. I loved her strong tough exterior and her personality. It was enjoyable watching her transform somewhat during this story and seeing her icy exterior melt and her heart open up for Kale. It was steamy, sexy, funny, and flowed well.

He leaned down and ran his nose up the side of her neck and she stilled. "Well as of right now, I'm finding it extremely
B.J.
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book had me at Ronnie's description of Kale as "a f*ckingly handsome Captain America impersonator". I laughed out loud.

Ronnie is a tattoo artist living near an army base who is waiting for her soldier ex-fiance to return from overseas so she can sell their house and move away from his cheating a**.

What she doesn't count on is having Kale Emerson walk into the shop asking for a back tattoo.

I loved this story from start to finish. At no stage did I feel that the story had stalled. It had a
Monika
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
3,5 Stars

Didnt your momma ever tell you its not polite to ask a lady her age?
My mother died when I was little, and besides, I didnt think you were a lady.

Ronnie Clark, an edgy tattoo artist....

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

She's not a fan of lovey dovey mushy thing, doesn't do flowers and dates, and just had a broken heart from her sleeping-around fiancé. She vowed not to fall in love especially with soldier.

Kale Emerson

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Or Sergeant First Class Emerson... He is a handsome Captain America impersonator with sandy brown hair
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Shelves: my-favorites
Kale *sigh*

OMG...I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!! It was everything that I look for in a read and more and I fell in love with Kale and Ronnie instantly.

Ronnie was such a great character-just loved everything about her, from her tattoos~to her high heels~to her attitude. I loved the way she interacted with Mic, Jordan and especially Kale~loved her witty comebacks!! Her attitude was so harsh but she could be sweet and funny also. I felt bad for her because of how she grew up and what
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Let me start out by saying I NEVER read novellas......not a fan at all, they are way to short and always leave me wanting more but I was intrigued by Kelsie's book. The first thing that caught my eye was the kick ass cover and then the story line, I hadn't read a book with a soldier in it since Dear John by Nicolas Sparks so I was really interested in ready this one and I was not disappointed!

This is the story of Ronnie a sexy, smart-mouthed, ball-busting tattoo artist who has been burned by
Lisa
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars...... I'm not sure why, but I really struggled to finish this book. It had all of the elements the I look for in a book. Hot sexy guy (Kale), strong heroine (Ronnie), and lots and lots of steam. Again, all of the elements, but it never grabbed me.

I wasn't crazy about Ronnie to begin with. She was pretty rough around the edges and I personally don't understand why Kale would even be attracted to her, considering the attitude she had. Kale is a sweet, sexy guy that is in the army and on
Nikki
Nov 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an ARC. Thank you Kelsie for giving me the chance to read your wonderful story!

Captain America eat your heart out! There is a new hero in town and his name is SFC Kale Emerson! *sigh* I want a Kale of my own! <3

The author delivers a story that will make you smile, tug at your heartstrings, and make you swoon so make sure your sitting down while reading it ;-)

Ronnie is a badass who doesn't take crap from anybody. She had her heart broken by her now ex-fiancé and trusts no
♡B♡
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have an interview that I did with Ronnie, Kale, and Kelsie along with a GIVEAWAY on my blog Momma's Books

Here is my review :)

This one was special for me for many reasons. I enjoyed it because I LOVE me a kick ass girl! I am and never have been the type to be pushed around so reading about a girl who is a no bullshit kinda girl I instantly fell in love with the girl! I absolutely love that she is hot and has tattoos. It is usually the guys that are covered in them and are hot! My husband was in
Emily ~Social Butterfly PR~
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
When I started reading this story, I was instantly drawn to Ronnies dry wit and no filter to tell it how things are. She would definitely be the kind of girl I would knock back drinks with at the bar. She has a serious issue with Valentines Day given that her fiancé so generously decided to share himself with other women while he was over in Iraq. With bitterness in her heart and wanting to get as far away from where she and her fiancé have built a life together. The only problem is she has to ...more
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is Kelsie Leverich's first book andI think she did a great job with it. This book was hot and sexy. You felt the chemistry and sexual tension between the two main characters. And I found myself rooting for these two to have more than just a sexual relationship.

Ronnie isa tattoo artist who is strong, confident in what she does and is one tough cookie. She says what she wants and doesn't care what
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)

I was in the mood for a military-themed romance and saw that I had this one in my audiobook library. This book was entertaining, but overall I just thought it was okay.

Ronnie Clark is a sassy tattoo artist who doesn't do relationships. After her last boyfriend broke her heart, she has sworn off men. I liked that she didn't take crap from anyone, including a hot soldier named Kale in her tattoo chair. Kale is home on leave from Iraq and he is looking for a lady for a good time, not thing
Bookhooking (Tanya Childress)
Oh how I loved this story! The mighty hot soldier, Kale (need I say anymore? the man is a soldier) and the spitfire, hell on wheels, tattoo artist, Ronnie come together in the Valentine's Arrangement and sparks fly!!

Ms. Leverich wrote a very sexy story here with great characters, awesome sexual chemistry and dialogue that you will enjoy.

Ronnie is a tattoo artist and has been burned by her ex fiance, Brandon who is also in the military. She hates Valentine's Day, the candy, the flowers, the

Amy | Foxy Blogs
A tattoo brought them together.
description

An arrangement was made and broken between the two of them.

His injury brought them back together.
description

They realized that they "fit together like lock and key"

Tattoo artist & soldier finding love

SERIES:
The Valentine's Arrangement (Hard Feelings, #1) by Kelsie Leverich Feel the Rush (Hard Feelings, #2) by Kelsie Leverich A Beautiful Distraction (Hard Feelings, #3) by Kelsie Leverich

Novella
Pretending She's His (Hard Feelings, #2.5) by Kelsie Leverich
C.C. Brown
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I devoured this book. It was an easy read, and being that it centered around a military man, well I had to eat it up. My husband wouldn't be too happy knowing that I fell for an Army man (he's a Marine).

Kale was great... but at times, a little too great. I thought he was an amazing guy and I guess, to make the story a bit more interesting, he had to be the polar opposite of Ronnie. I wanted him to be a bit edgier and not so perfect. I guess that would be my only complaint with him.

Now Ronnie...
Renee
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

First of all this is the perfect book for me. LOVED it! The two main characters Ronnie and Kale are dreamy. She is the tattoo artist with the attitude and he is Sergeant First Class Kale Emerson. Home from Iraq for a few weeks and excited about the return. He isn't interested in relationships, she was cheated on. He goes to get his first tatoo being a memorial piece for his Iraq brothers. First and secondary characters were well developed and likable.
The book is written between the characters
Wendy
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 stars!

First I have to say that if Ronnie weren't a fictional character she would totally be my new bff. I love her sassy mouth. Bitch is fun! lol

Now Kale, awww........talk about "Captain America" manlyness. Gotta love that shit!

I'm rating this book between a 3.5 and 4 because there were definitely parts I could have gone without, but wanted more of a get-to-know-you from them. Also, and this may sound ridiculously cheesy, but I want to read/hear the "I love you" and there wasn't one. I
E
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don't usually read novellas because they're always so short and always seem to be missing something. But I have to say this book was great! Instead of the boy being the dangerous guy with tattoos and a sketchy past this time it was the girl. And I loved that! Ronnie was badass and wasn't a weak shy damsel in distress. She was confident and upfront. Kale was the good guy but still had that edge that makes you instantly fall in love with him. For a novella, we actually got to know the characters ...more
Anna
Jan 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult

I didn't know why I even bothered opening this when 1) I end up skimming most parts. It's so predictable and the girl was totally obnoxious and this guy was also kinda annoying, and 2) if you look closely to the cover, the girl looks bored to even care and the guy has this look which I can't interpret, then 3) they watched Twilight because apparently that's the girl's favorite movie. Figures.

On the other hand, this was a good, morning read. It's short and doesn't need to work up a lot of
sparklyunikorn
2 stars

Things I like
1) Kale is a freaking hot soldier. Woot!
2) Something about Kale got me smitten all over him.

Things I dislike
1) Ronnie's attitude.
2) Too many FUCK word, like in every FUCKING sentence, I got FUCKING irritated. There.
3) Lack of chemistry between main characters.
4) Instant decision on commitment.
5) Sex with an injured man. HAHA you have got to be kidding me?

I'm sorry but this book wasn't for me. Stars are for Kale, okay.

Read on your own peril.

• Candy Store
  • Crashed Out (Made in Jersey, #1)
  • Rock the Heart (Black Falcon, #1)
  • Dirty Sexy Sinner (Dirty Sexy,  #4)
  • Iron Crowne
  • Forsaken by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampires, #2.5)
  • Dirty Sexy Cuffed (Dirty Sexy, #3)
  • Meg and Jo
  • The Island of Doves
  • Dirty Sexy Inked (Dirty Sexy, #2)
  • The Last Song: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack
  • The Lady Rogue
  • What You Need (Need You, #1)
  • Just What I Needed (Need You, #2)
  • Summer on Mirror Lake (Honeymoon Harbor)
  • Jordan Reclaimed (Preload, #1)
  • Promise of Darkness (Dark Court Rising, #1)
  • Dark Swan (Otherworld Assassin, #2.5)
New York Times bestselling author, Kelsie Leverich, lives in Indiana where she spends her days behind the chair at her salon helping women feel beautiful, and spends her nights, (once the kids are fast asleep and her hunky boyfriend is binging Netflix) dreaming up Happily-Ever-Afters.

Kelsies busy life is fueled by coffee and Cabernet, and she embraces her chaos with day-dreams and romance novels

Hard Feelings (4 books)
  • Feel the Rush (Hard Feelings, #2)
  • Pretending She's His (Hard Feelings, #2.5)
  • A Beautiful Distraction (Hard Feelings, #3)

News & Interviews

“Whoever said it got easier with time was wrong, death never got easier. The pain dulls around your heart, numbing the spot the deceased inhabited in your chest-- but it was never easier. Loss was still loss-- a physical pain, a hurt that reaches deep inside you and smothers your soul, forever indenting their memory. No, death was still death, loss was still loss, and pain was still pain. Time didn't change that.” 22 likes
“Isn't that what most everyone wants? To be loved by someone so fiercely that you hold their world in your hands, that you were the one to keep it safe.” 12 likes