Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

RRR Discussions & Top-Lists > DC: Age Doesn't Matter

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments The book I'm currently reading, The Defiant Hero by Suzanne Brockmann, has a younger hero in comparison to the heroine.

Usually, I'm used to reading books of an older hero and younger heroine. Somehow I like this age-reversal.

Any books you guys have read that would fall under this category?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 367 comments I'm wondering if it's a theme in Brockmann's work. Ladies' Man was the same way, older woman, younger man.

message 3: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I don't think that it's a common theme in her books. I've read more than a few of her books, mostly from her Troubleshooters series and her Tall, Dark and Dangerous series, and so far, this is the only I have read with this age dynamics.

message 4: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments This reminds me of Sylvia Day's book, The Stranger I Married. Younger man, older experienced woman. I enjoyed this book very much, and would recommend it. A very steamy historical with a heart.

message 5: by new_user (last edited May 11, 2009 07:25PM) (new)

new_user My favorite with this theme is Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas, another a spicy historical and also excellently written. ;)

message 6: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 1759 comments I've actually enjoyed this theme more than I thought I would before reading some well-written books that have it. That said, I haven't run across many with this theme yet.

The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon (my all-time fav)
Fallen from Grace by Laura Leone
One Christmas Knight by Kathleen Creighton

message 7: by Adrienne (last edited May 12, 2009 01:16AM) (new)

Adrienne Adrian Pheonix:: the Makers Song Series::Heather is older than Dante by about 8 years::not much i know but she's still older::i like the idea of older woman younger man::

message 8: by Annvelwis (new)

Annvelwis | 671 comments Last Lovers by William Wharton isn't romance stricte, but it has a theme of relationship between younger man (49) and older woman (71). It's beautiful and touching story, and I liked it very much.

message 9: by Melody (new)

Melody (melos) Don't miss Tim by Colleen McCullough (author of The Thorn Birds). Classic. Much older woman (virgin spinster) and mentally challenged younger man. (The movie stars a young Mel Gibson.)

(Yz, I just read the Brockmann too! Can't wait for more of Sam's story!) :O)

message 10: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 13 comments Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy is a very good older woman/younger man book.

There's at least one more Brockmann book with a younger man hero--the one with Mike Muldoon and Joan--can't think of the name now...

message 11: by Arch (new)

Arch Auntee, I want to say that book is Out of Control. Mike and Joan were secondary characters to Wildcard and Van. I could be wrong.

message 12: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 13 comments Arch, I just checked, Into the Night is the one I was thinking of. I can never keep her books straight--all the titles seem similar!:)

message 13: by Arch (new)

Arch Oh, you are right Auntee. It's Into The Night. That's the book where MaryLou finds that gun in Sam's car.

Jones was in Out of Control.