Pick-a-Shelf discussion

Archive - Games > Shelf-a-Thon (10th of May)

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Slayermel (last edited May 14, 2009 04:44PM) (new)

Slayermel | 664 comments Reporting (up to 10 May 2009):

1. the number of books you've read; and
2. the number of shelves you've 'touched'

The Ladder so far (12 May 2009):

Jennifer: 160 shelves and 8 books
Lynlee: 137 shelves and 4 books
Luann: 128 shelves and 5 books
Jen B: 126 shelves and 5 books
Lauren: 124 shelves and 4 books
Kristen: 115 shelves and 6 books
Joy: 112 shelves and 4 books
Cam: 110 shelves and 3 books
Natasha: 97 shelves and 4 books
Angela: 95 shelves and 7 books
Joanie: 93 shelves and 3 books
Sarah: 84 shelves and 2 books
Lyn: 76 shelves and 2 books
Cathy: 60 shelves and 2 books
Judith: 58 shelves and 2 books
Slayermel: 58 shelves and 2 books
Lanica: 55 shelves and 2 books
Laura: 51 shelves and 1 books
Jamie: 46 shelves and 2 books
Leora:
Roseann:

message 2: by Lynlee4 (last edited May 10, 2009 02:01PM) (new)

Lynlee4 | 134 comments 4 books/137 shelves

message 3: by Cam (new)

Cam 3 Books
110 Shelves

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 247 comments I have no update for this time. Hopefully for the 15th I will.

message 5: by Joy Marie (new)

Joy Marie 3 Books
100 Shelves

message 6: by Lanica (new)

Lanica | 14 comments 2 books
55 shelves

message 7: by Jamie (new)

Jamie 2 books
46 shelves

message 8: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 1006 comments 5 books
128 shelves

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 286 comments 2 books
84 shelves

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (JenJen1221) | 61 comments 8 books
160 shelves

message 11: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 61 comments 3 books and 93 shelves

message 12: by Avory (new)

Avory Faucette (avoryfaucette) 58 shelves and 2 books

message 13: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey 115 shelves and 6 books

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) | 2834 comments Mod
76 Shelves
2 Books

message 15: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 90 comments I'm a slow starter but I'm 2 books for 60 shelves

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela 93 shelves
6 books

message 17: by Slayermel (new)

Slayermel | 664 comments 58 Shelves
2 Books

message 18: by Angela (new)

Angela 95 shelves
7 books

message 19: by Joy Marie (new)

Joy Marie 112 Shelves
4 Books

message 20: by Cam (new)

Cam I finally read a book that has 'read to allie' on the first 5 pages and lookie, Allie's 'readers' have decided to slackened off a bit and it no longer makes the list of categories. Come on Allie's Mum & Dad you have a reputation to uphold, not to mention poor allie!
On second thought, Allie could be reading all by herself now! and next round will have a new category 'read by allie'! or she'll join pick a shelf & play the game and make mince meat out of me. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Cam: wrote: "I finally read a book that has 'read to allie' on the first 5 pages and lookie, Allie's 'readers' have decided to slackened off a bit and it no longer makes the list of categories. Come on Allie's ..."

Sorry I missed that one. How did "read to allie" become a top shelf, and what book did you read that was on the list? boy those must be dedicated parents, huh?

Anyway - I am having a lot of fun trying to find books to meet some of the shelves that are on the list. This is such a cool challenge.

message 22: by Slayermel (new)

Slayermel | 664 comments Cam: wrote: "I finally read a book that has 'read to allie' on the first 5 pages and lookie, Allie's 'readers' have decided to slackened off a bit and it no longer makes the list of categories. Come on Allie's ..."

Oh Cam, you had me laughing so hard there where tears....LOL

message 23: by Angela (new)

Angela Am reposting this here because it may have been missed....
This is in regards to Shelf-a-Thon Round #1

"Jon and Lauren are you okay with sending a book (you already own??) to the winners of round one? Since Karen is not here to offer the prizes, we thought the people who participated and came close to winning would be okay with doing this... just wanted to get your imput. Thanks!!"

Otherwise I guess we just do away with prizes :(

message 24: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 247 comments Angela - sorry I missed the other thread. Yes I would be okay with that.

My update:
4 books
124 shelves

message 25: by Cam (new)

Cam Sorry Lyn, to explain. 'read to allie' was a top shelf in round one of the shelf a thon. Which like quite a few other shelves has dropped off the list for round two. It's been replaced by now more popular shelves. You have come to the same conclusion as the general consensus at the time, that their was one or more seriously dedicated 'reader(S)' to Allie for her to make the list of top categories. Try as I did, I could not get one of my books to land on the first five pages last time. This time I was successful with
Where is the green sheep? By Mem Fox ...............................but it doesn't count:(

I figured as much. Boy, Cam. You always make me laugh. I love seeing posts from you. As for "Where is the Green Sheep?" I say you get am A for effort!

message 27: by Angela (new)

Angela or how about the nancy-lust something or other...

Okay = I missed that one, Wow. It will be interesting to see what is on that shelf.

message 29: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 1006 comments The book I read last time for the Nancy Pearl shelf was: How Reading Changed My Life by Anna Quindlen. It also touched other shelves I needed like "essays." I had already planned to read it as the "Q" author for my Author A-Z challenge, so it was perfect. You can read my review here.

message 30: by Cam (new)

Cam Angela wrote: "or how about the nancy-lust something or other..."
I've had no luck with that one either Angela, I think I had a book in the first round that when I started it, Nancy was on page 5 but by the time I'd finished it, & it was time to count, she had slipped to page 6.
The good news is, Nancy is still consistently lusty and we're all still in with a chance with her shelf this time around. Certainly far more reliable than Allie's parents!

message 31: by Angela (new)

Angela I did not get either shelf last time :( I will have to find something lusty this time around!