What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA novel that probably came out in the early 2000s (maybe)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gavin (new)

Gavin (bookmad93) | 10 comments First, it's a YA novel that probably came out in the early 2000s (maybe). It's basically about a teenage girl who has a really dysfunctional relationship with her mother and anger issues. Her mother backs out of her own wedding (we learn later because her friend and the groom were actually in love with each other) and they have financial troubles. Then they end up inheriting a hotel or B&B on a lake and decide to stay and fix it up. Um, the teenage girl is into photography I think. And there's this creepy older guy who tries to get in her pants even though she's like 15. There's also something else that goes on that has to do with old pictures she finds...possibly. She has a younger brother. Her mother is maybe an alcoholic. And there's a scene where she gets really angry for some reason and locks herself in a closet and gets drunk on wine and she and her mother have a heart to heart or something.

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) You've had some views, and gave good clues - maybe someone will know it when you bump it next month.

message 3: by Gavin (new)

Gavin (bookmad93) | 10 comments Ya thanks I like the rhyming at the beginning of that sentience

message 4: by Tab (last edited Jun 20, 2013 10:59AM) (new)

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36945 comments Mod
Buried?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Gavin, are you still looking for this? Was it either of the books mentioned?

message 7: by Christie (new)

Christie | 153 comments This sounds SOOO familiar. I'm going to have to look through my to-read list because I'm sure it's something I've seen, but not something I've read yet. Hopefully it's there.

message 8: by Arielle (new)

Arielle Masters | 252 comments bumping for Gavin - was it either of the suggested books?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No response from Gavin in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.

message 10: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4970 comments Maybe Peaches? Probably not.