YA & NA Romance ♥ discussion

Buddy/Partner Reads > Find A Buddy/Partner!

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (last edited Jun 11, 2013 09:26PM) (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 964 comments Mod
Please comment with a book you would like to read. Other members who want to read the same book can then find a buddy/partner to read the book with. Once a date has been decided, one member will then need to create a thread in the correct To Read folder. Please create the thread at least 5 days before you start reading the book so that people who might be interested in reading the same book can have the opportunity to read with you.

Please make sure to put the thread in the correct buddy/partner folder since there is one specifically for NA and one specifically for YA.

message 2: by Sapir (last edited Jun 11, 2013 12:18PM) (new)

Sapir | 44 comments I'm planning to read these books if anyone wants to read with me (:

Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1) by Louise Rozett Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1) by J.A. Redmerski

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments I'll read The Edge of Never with you, if you want :). It sounds interesting!!

message 4: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 44 comments I know right? And the reviews are very good!!

When do you want to start? I don't really mind, but I prefer next week.

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments You must be a mind reader! Next week would work better for me as well. I have finals this week, so I'll be too busy to read. Does that work for you?

message 6: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 44 comments Same for me!! I have a huge math test at the end of this week and that means not much time to read...

Is Monday good for you?

message 7: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments Yep! Monday is perfect :)

message 8: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 44 comments OK, so I'm going to open the thread now (:

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily Anybody want to read? The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler

message 10: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 44 comments I do!!! I've heard AMAZING things about it.

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily awesome it will have to be a couple weeks from now though I have a buddy read going on right now then another one starting on the thur.

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily just looked at my calender how about the 19th?

message 13: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 44 comments The 19th is great for me (:

message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily Great I will make the thread then

message 15: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 44 comments OK great (:

message 16: by Emily (last edited Jun 12, 2013 07:20AM) (new)

Emily http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...
here is the link to Book of Broken Hearts

message 17: by Soreonne (new)

Soreonne | 81 comments Anyone wanna read Forever Too Far? It's next on my list

message 18: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Sternshein (bookdorkjenn) | 93 comments Soreonne wrote: "Anyone wanna read Forever Too Far? It's next on my list"

I'm in the middle of never too far and should be done with it tonight.. If you want i'll read forever too far with ya.

message 19: by Soreonne (new)

Soreonne | 81 comments I just finished it! :( I can reread and we can discuss is that's ok?

message 20: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Sternshein (bookdorkjenn) | 93 comments yeah unless there is another book you plan on reading next and we can read that together.

message 21: by Soreonne (new)

Soreonne | 81 comments I'm supposed to be starting Clockwork Princess. What about that one?

message 22: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (last edited Jun 15, 2013 11:10PM) (new)

I should be starting Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins , Boy Toy by Barry Lyga , & Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott really soon (like this week or next week). Does anyone want to join me on one?

message 23: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments I'll join you for Lola if you want! I'm reading it for the alphabet challenge (even though I already read it.. It's just such a good book :p)

message 24: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Katherine wrote: "I'll join you for Lola if you want! I'm reading it for the alphabet challenge (even though I already read it.. It's just such a good book :p)"

When would you like to start Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins ? :) I was kind of hoping to start that one tomorrow or Tuesday.

message 25: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments Tomorrow sounds good!!

message 26: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (last edited Jun 16, 2013 06:48PM) (new)

Sounds good! Would you be able to make the thread? :)

message 27: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments Sure; that'd be great!

message 28: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Katherine wrote: "Sure; that'd be great!"

I'm going to make the thread now so that others can join us if they're able to!

message 29: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 124 comments Oh no, I'm a BR addict, lol! I'll hop on threads when I can, I always schedule myself right out of my mind!

message 30: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 124 comments Tista wrote: "Want to read Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer again? I have read it more than once, but it's my favorite. So, I want to read it with a buddy this time and have lots of discussions."

I'd love to read it again Tista. I've read it like 5 times, but I'll read it over and over, I don't care! Let me know when a good date is for you!

message 31: by Maria (new)

Maria Ok, who's dying to read "Origins" by Jennifer Armentrout?! I know it's due out next month but I need someone to talk about this series with and read the 4th book with me from this awesome series!

message 32: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia (cinthiah) | 66 comments I wouldn't mind joining someone here sometime, but I usually read books in a day, 2 at the most (I'm a bit of an addict). How long do you usually read books when joining a buddy?

message 33: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (last edited Aug 02, 2013 04:10PM) (new)

It depends. Sometimes you will have buddies who will say just go at your own pace but come back and comment every so many chapters. Then you have other buddies who will say to read a certain amount of chapters each day and comment each day. The buddies will all decide together when they sign up. :)

message 34: by Angele (new)

Angele  (angeleponco) | 9 comments Maria wrote: "Ok, who's dying to read "Origins" by Jennifer Armentrout?! I know it's due out next month but I need someone to talk about this series with and read the 4th book with me from this awesome series!"
I'm about to start reading it!!! :D

message 35: by Maria (new)

Maria  (fictionallysandee) Anyone interested in reading 50 shades of grey with me? :p

message 36: by Gale (new)

Gale (goodreadscomglredw) | 86 comments Hannah wrote: "Anyone want to read Elidaire The Tome of Knowledge (The Elidaire Series Book 1) by Melanie Gabbard with me?"
You
I will read it with you

message 37: by Gale (new)

Gale (goodreadscomglredw) | 86 comments Did you put thread on this