What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Short story about a woman waking up from a coma

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 117 comments Hi, all, can anyone help me? In the short story a woman wakes up from a coma to discover her husband has become involved with her sister - they end with the husband and the sister living together as man and wife, while the original wife takes up a "maiden aunt" sort of role to the side.
Thanks,
Laura

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) This sounds almost familiar, like something I may have read in a textbook for a college lit. class. Could it be very old? Like, maybe by one of the 'canon' authors, maybe from the 19th century?

Sam~~ we cannot see the moon, and yet the waves still rise~~ | 140 comments This is probably wrong because i don't remember anything about a coma in it, but the second half of what you wrote fits... Ethan Frome?

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 117 comments Cheryl, I think it is possible it is very old. Not Ethan Frome, Sam,but thanks for the suggestion.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36933 comments Mod
Laura, are you still looking for this? If yes, was it in an anthology, was it online, where did you read it? What makes you think it is very old - certain details in the story or the writing? How old - 1960s, 1920s, 1850s?

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Here's a free bump for autumn. Come back in a few months and simply reply with any comment to bump it again, ok? Otherwise we might sadly conclude you have abandoned the quest.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

I'm interested in finding out what this is. Laura is still active on GR so if she doesn't respond to this bump we'll send her a telegram or something.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No response from Laura in multiple years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ethan Frome (other topics)