Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > PLEASE HELP ME FIND A NEW BOOK!!!

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

♥♥Kasey♥♥ | 11 comments Hi everyone I really need help finding a new good book to read. I really want to find a book that's interesting with a good storyline that's not to predictable. Here are some book series I've already read: vampire academy(my favorite), sookie stackhouse/true blood, house of night, twilight, peeps. I don't 100% like all of these books but once I start a series I have to finish it lol.

♥♥Kasey♥♥ | 11 comments Thanks in advance!!!!

PrinzessBookDragon Try dark lover by j r ward. It's paranormal romance

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (vamplover101) | 16 comments Eve Newton's, The Forever Series. First one is currently FREE on Kindle. I love these books: PNR with a bit of kick!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (vamplover101) | 16 comments Yes, also J. R. Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood is a must read series.

message 6: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 219 comments I third J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Series, also you could try Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress Series. And if you really want a non-predictable plot then I suggest Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning.

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost
Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning

message 7: by Casey (new)

Casey Harvell (casey_harvell) | 16 comments Have you checked out Nikki Charles or HP Mallory? 2 great paranormal authors. And Amanda Hocking's Hollow series. Definitely my fav!

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (quill_n_ink) | 107 comments S. E. Lund's Dominion series and Elizabeth Hunter's Elemental Mystery series are my favorites.

message 9: by Jazzy Jess (new)

Jazzy Jess (jazzy0jess) | 18 comments I recommend all books by Karen chance

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 78 comments Vampire Academy is a favorite of mine! I hope you know about the movie by now, its going to be great :) I love the spin-off, Bloodlines, too! I'm glad Adrian gets his own story, along with other side characters that were left hanging.

I read HoN and liked it until the 4th-ish book. It just got old and started dragging out. Not much of a fan of that series anymore and have lost track of all the books now.

If you haven't already, check out The Mortal Instruments. I'm sure you've heard of it by now :) I also like the prequel series, The Infernal Devices.

A few other books I've grown to love are,
Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Something Witchy This Way Comes by Veronica Blade Bound (The Crystor, #1) by C.K. Bryant Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Firespell and Hexbound (The Dark Elite, #1-2) by Chloe Neill My Wolf's Bane by Veronica Blade

♥♥Kasey♥♥ | 11 comments Thank you all so much for your feed back I'm for sure going to try these books. Thanks!!!!!!!!!! \(•_•\) \(•_•)/ (/•_•)/ :)

message 12: by MarieJ (new)

MarieJ (kindleaddict66) | 8 comments Hi The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning is one of my favourite series,also Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark are brilliant.
I did just read an amazing new book called Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles) by Amelia Hutchins, I can't stop recommending it as I was totally addicted to it,warning though it is very raunchy, definitely not YA?

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 76 comments I recently read this one and gave it a 5 star. It had great interesting twists and it's the beginning of a series. But complete in itself. Girl Under Glass by Monica Enderle Pierce . Here's my review in case you want to know more. http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 14: by Rachel Annie (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) Maybe try Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series or Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series. Here are the first two of each:

Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs

Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian

message 15: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (BrittneyM) | 35 comments You should so try the Otherworld series!! It's amazing and so not perdictable!!!!

message 16: by Gelyn (last edited Jun 12, 2013 06:21AM) (new)

Gelyn | 2 comments You should read The Premonition Series by Amy A. Bartol! I promise you, you will enjoy reading it :)

Inescapable (The Premonition, #1) by Amy A. Bartol
Intuition (The Premonition, #2) by Amy A. Bartol

Indebted (The Premonition, #3) by Amy A. Bartol Incendiary (The Premonition, #4) by Amy A. Bartol

message 17: by Gelyn (last edited Jun 12, 2013 06:25AM) (new)

Gelyn | 2 comments And OMG! Please do check out Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey Series! I love that series so much. <3

The Iron Knight
The Iron King

message 18: by .chel. (new)

.chel. (itschel) | 41 comments I highly recommend the fever series by K.M.Moning
DarkfeverBloodfeverFaefeverDreamfeverShadowfever

♥♥Kasey♥♥ | 11 comments Wow thanks everyone for all the book selections I'm definitely going to look into all of these books!!! :)

message 20: by Brittany (last edited Jun 12, 2013 09:28PM) (new)

Brittany Perry | 32 comments Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #15) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo (Leven Thumps, #1) by Obert Skye The Akhenaten Adventure (Children of the Lamp, #1) by P.B. Kerr

All these are wonderful. They are my favs and I couldn't put them down. Demons of the Ocean (Vampirates, #1) by Justin Somper

message 21: by Jeanae (new)

Jeanae Tyra (jeanaetyra) | 44 comments I also L-O-V-E-D the Vampire Academy series. You can also try the timber wolves series by Tammy Blackwell.

message 22: by Books By Ces (last edited Jun 13, 2013 11:43AM) (new)

message 23: by Books By Ces (new)

Books By Ces (booksbyces) | 2 comments MarieJ wrote: "Hi The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning is one of my favourite series,also Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark are brilliant.
I did just read an amazing new book called Fighting Destiny (The Fae ..."

OHHH fever the very best!!!

message 24: by Vixen (new)

Vixen (thesilentfox) | 11 comments If you liked Vampire Academy series, definately check out the spinoff series Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. The first book of the series of course being titled, Bloodlines

Also I would definately recommend The Immortal Rules since the main character reminds be a lot of Rose Hathaway.

The Darkest Minds is also another book with strong female lead. I would recommend it. And also I would recommend The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.

That's all I can think of right off hand. Hope to have helped you move in the right direction. :) Goodluck.

message 25: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments You know what was a good book and way different when I first read it...the Demonica Series.

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione Sin Undone (Demonica, #5) by Larissa Ione

It is a PNR series but I thought and still think it is smexy and intriguing and the world building is just dead on.

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Mattos | 5 comments try am hudson dark secrets series. I love it, Im reading it again for the third time

message 27: by chucklesthescot (new)

chucklesthescot This is a list of what I've enjoyed reading:

Something Secret This Way Comes (Secret McQueen, #1) by Sierra Dean , Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between (Rhiannon's Law, #1) by J.A. Saare , My Love Lies Bleeding (Drake Chronicles, #1) by Alyxandra Harvey , Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur , Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1) by Carrie Vaughn , The Becoming (Anna Strong Chronicles, #1) by Jeanne C. Stein , Wages of Sin (Cin Craven, #1) by Jenna Maclaine , Howling at the Moon (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #1) by Karen MacInerney , Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine , Bitten by Kelley Armstrong , Dancing with the Devil (Nikki & Michael, #1) by Keri Arthur , Dying Bites (The Bloodhound Files, #1) by D.D. Barant , Bloodshot (Cheshire Red Reports, #1) by Cherie Priest , Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells , Blood Price (Victoria Nelson, #1) by Tanya Huff , Once Bitten, Twice Shy A Jaz Parks Novel by Jennifer Rardin , Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs , Urban Shaman (Walker Papers, #1) by C.E. Murphy , The Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1) by Karen Mahoney , Forsaken (The Demon Trappers, #1) by Jana Oliver , Spellbent (Jessie Shimmer, #1) by Lucy A. Snyder , Dark Oracle (Oracle, #1) by Alayna Williams , Fated (Alex Verus, #1) by Benedict Jacka , Black Wings (Black Wings, #1) by Christina Henry , Unclean Spirits (The Black Sun's Daughter, #1) by M.L.N. Hanover , Master of None (Gavyn Donatti, #1) by Sonya Bateman , Embers (Anya Kalinczyk, #1) by Laura Bickle , Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep , Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost , Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) by Kevin Hearne , Three Days to Dead (Dreg City, #1) by Kelly Meding , Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom, #1) by Devon Monk , A Kiss Before the Apocalypse (Remy Chandler, #1) by Thomas E. Sniegoski , Nightlife (Cal Leandros, #1) by Rob Thurman , My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent

message 28: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 73 comments Here are a few I liked:
Shifting Shadows (Sparks Collide, #1) by Amanda Kelly Elfin (The Elfin, #1) by Quinn Loftis Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Captured (The Captive, #1) by Erica Stevens Craved (Gwen Sparks, #1) by Stephanie Nelson

message 29: by Kellie (last edited Jan 12, 2014 05:47PM) (new)

Kellie (kelliethacker_author) | 7 comments Are you into Indie authors? My YA Vampire novelRedemption is a bit like Twilight. I'm not really promoting, I just thought it was similar to what you listed. :)

message 30: by Reeannun (new)

Reeannun | 6 comments Please help me too!

I've read: all Sherrilyn Kenyon and Kenyon/Love, as well as Kinley MacGregor, Charlaine Harris, Lora Leigh, Mira Grant/Seanan McGuire, Lori Armstrong, Jeanine Frost, Larissa ione, Patricia Briggs, Jim Butcher, JR Ward, Karen Marie Moning, Ilona Andrews. I've read Susan Kearney, Heather Graham and Irene Hannon as well. Although Hannon is not paranormal.

I don't much care for YA, I tried Gena Showalter and Kelley Armstrong as well as Singh and I barely made it through the first books.

I would like an author similar to Andrews/Ward/Moning if possible.

Any ideas? Thanks

message 31: by Debi (last edited Jan 16, 2014 09:25AM) (new)

Debi (debisattic) | 157 comments I am reading 2 series that you might like if you liked Ilona Andrews. So far so good...

Jane Yellowrock by Faith Hunter (first book took a bit to get into) Skinwalker

Kara Gillian series by Diana RowlandSecrets of the Demon

Secrets of the Demon by Diana Rowland Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter

message 32: by Tina (new)

Tina | 16 comments I'm reading shelly laurenston books. They are so funny with romance. When there is the added of shifters these books are hilarious.

message 33: by Vanessa (last edited Jan 16, 2014 01:55PM) (new)

Vanessa Wester | 125 comments From the lists you have all suggested here, I am going to take a plunge and recommend you read my book, Hybrid (The Evolution Trilogy, #1) by Vanessa Wester which is free... I think you will like it since it has been linked to the likes of Divergent, Twilight, etc...

All links are on my blog - so go take a look if it interests you. Thanks a lot :)

www.theevolutiontrilogy.blogspot.com

message 34: by Reeannun (new)

Reeannun | 6 comments Thanks !!!

message 35: by Tina (new)

Tina | 16 comments Thanks. I'll look for your book.

message 36: by J.D. (new)

J.D. | 23 comments Alexis Morgan Paladins of darkness series and Christine Feehan Dark series

message 37: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 56 comments You didn't mention Lara Adrian and her Midnight Breed series(vampires)-really good. If you like shifters- you might try The Caged Series by Amber Lynn Natusch, or Night Prowler series by J.T. Geissinger, for something that has lots of different paranormal characters try Dannika Darks Mageri series-all of these are hard to put down.

message 38: by Jesi (new)

Jesi | 25 comments vampires- J.r ward- black dagger brotherhood series- amazing!!

message 39: by Jesi (new)

Jesi | 25 comments hey guys!
i am looking for a series read ages ago but dont remember the name of it... the wolf shifter pack owned a ski lodge or resort or some thing like that?? this was a while ago so i dint remember much at all.. any ideas?

message 40: by Tina (new)

Tina | 16 comments Jes, I don't know if this is the series but Vivian Arend has a series with shifters who own a ski resort. I hope this helps.

message 41: by J.D. (new)

J.D. | 23 comments Jes wrote: "hey guys!
i am looking for a series read ages ago but dont remember the name of it... the wolf shifter pack owned a ski lodge or resort or some thing like that?? this was a while ago so i dint reme..."

Try Steel Beauty by Dana Marie Bell

message 42: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (truejourney) | 315 comments Hi, Kasey! Try Veronica Rossi's Under the Never Sky. It's an amazing read and the third one is coming out on the 26th. Also, Poison Princess by Kresely Cole is awesome! Have you read City of Bones and the rest of the Immortal Instruments books?

message 43: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (truejourney) | 315 comments Just realized that Casey's message was from 7 months ago. Whoops!

message 44: by Edward (new)

Edward Jamieson (edwardjamieson) | 53 comments Passion of an Angel: Shade of Light - This is a story about the life before Earth and an angel who changes the course of life.

message 45: by Jesi (new)

Jesi | 25 comments i"ve read steel beauty and its a great book but not the one im after.. thanks!any other ideas?

message 46: by W.A. (new)

W.A. Case | 1 comments Hidden destiny W.A.Case

message 47: by Tina (new)

Tina | 16 comments Try Granite Lake Wolves series by Vivian Arend.

message 48: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneysomers) | 6 comments A YA series you might want to check out is Jennifer Armentrout's Lux series. I've only read the first two books but they were fun reads and the main chick, Katy I think, doesn't get on my nerves like a lot of YA heroines.