The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Should I buy/read City of Bones?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments Hey everyone so I've heard a lot of good and bad things about The Mortal Instruments series and I was wondering whether or not I should buy/read the first book? I dislike reading horror books or books that will completely gross me out. Is City of Bones that kind of book? I mean I like action, mystery, and adventure but not really horror. Can someone help me please? haha I just want to know if its worth buying the first book.

message 2: by Christian (new)

Christian Maria Morgan read, opinion vary too much to be certian that you will like it or not.

message 3: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments ok, thanks for the input Krys!

message 4: by Reina Marie (new)

Reina Marie (reina-marie) | 21 comments YES, you should read TMI Series, although in my opinion, the series should've ended on the third book.

message 5: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments haha ok thanks Summer (Reina) (:

message 6: by Ladyhawk (last edited Jun 07, 2013 08:41PM) (new)

Ladyhawk Hi Bridget! I say yes! Read it. It's not horror? Perhaps the title suggests otherwise but when you read it you'll understand its true meaning. Same with City of Ashes and City of Glass. I'm not a horror reader myself. I guess maybe there are some slightly gruesome parts but nothing that would make me stop reading.

You are aware the Infernal Devises is a companion series right? Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince...

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare . Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare

Some readers even prefer These three to the Mortal Instruments. I finished City of Glass recently, book 3. I enjoy the story.

message 7: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments Thank you Ladyhawk! I'll definitely have to look at both series then! (:

message 8: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments And does it matter which series you read first?

message 9: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 65 comments It doesn't really. You can if you want but they don't really have anything to do with each other except they share some of the same characters. TID comes first because its in the Victorian time period. TMI is in modern day. I really like both series and really recommend them to you. :D

message 10: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk Agreed but its also been suggested to read both interchangeably in order of publication as to not encounter spoilers untimely. ;o)
Here is a thread with lots of comments if you'd like to check it out.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 11: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Muthaara | 44 comments buy and read it.that one, book I must read

message 12: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments Thanks everyone!! (:

message 13: by Sharlyn (new)

Sharlyn Lam (sharlynlam) | 26 comments I thought that the first couple books were great. However as I got to book 3 and 4, I found the story line getting somewhat boring. Maybe that's just me? Anyway I'm taking a break from TMI to read something else and perhaps come back to it later on. I do recommend reading it and deciding for yourself whether you'll like it or not. I'm definitely still looking forward to the movie release next month!

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 2 comments Bridget wrote: "Hey everyone so I've heard a lot of good and bad things about The Mortal Instruments series and I was wondering whether or not I should buy/read the first book? I dislike reading horror books or bo..."

from what i have read, it has no horror

message 15: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (readinbooks) I loved Mortal Instruments. I didn't love Infernal Devices, although I still have to read Clockwork Princess.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes!
I'm currently reading the book right now and I found myself getting sucked into the storyline as well as the characters. I love it so far, there aren't much horror but there are lots of actions going on that would make you jump out of your seat. (Probably. I know I have since I kept jumping out of mine.)

message 17: by Saraaa (new)

Saraaa (iamsarahgee) | 76 comments Yes! You'll love it! :)