That's Normal's Boozy Book Club discussion

Book Club Biznazz > Introductions!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 207 (207 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethorne) | 310 comments Mod
Hey, guys!!! Let's get to know each other a little bit in this thread before we get to know each other really well in Boozy Hangouts!

I'm Beth. I'm from Memphis. I read too much. I like John Krasinski and my drink of choice is usually a nice pinot noir. If you are cool enough to join this group, you are welcome to friend me here. And follow me on twitter.

YAY!

message 2: by Marcie (new)

Marcie | 1 comments It's Marcie! Y'all know me.

So...I am finished reading, and I have thoughts and feels. Anyone else??

message 3: by CJ (new)

CJ (cjdf) Hi everyone,

I'm Carrie Jo (formerly known as The Plane Friend on LTT). I'm from Upstate New York. I read a ridiculous amount of YA books and I'm trying to publish my own YA book. My drink of choice is usually Pinot Grigio.

The library is still shipping my copy of the book, so I can't help you out yet, Marcie :)

I'm also happy to be GR friends, and I'd love more Twitter friends too (@CarrieJoDowd)

message 4: by Daria (new)

Daria | 1 comments Hey,
I'm Darja, pronounced Daria, I'm JelyBeanRainbow on twitter and TN.
I'm from Slovenia, Europe.
I just realized, while signing up for Goodreads, that I have no intention to read most of the books that were recommended, because I've seen the movies and wasn't that impressed. So I'm reading a biography written by a Bosnian/Swedish footballer who plays in France at the moment.
I drink only diet Coke and water.

message 5: by JanBreesmom (new)

JanBreesmom (goodreadscomjanbreesmom) | 3 comments Hi, I'm Jan...JanBreesmom online & on Twitter...and yes, Bree is really my daughter-or at least, the name she went by as a toddler (not so much anymore). I'm from southern California, I like to read. I do most of my reading with my Kindle or by audiobook...like to travel...I like just about all types of music...I play the piano. Not really much of a drinker, usually I stick to coffee or iced tea although I do enjoy a good drink when I go out. I'm looking forward to discussing books with you all. Sorry, I haven't yet started the first book.

message 6: by Elise (new)

Elise (eliserrr) | 25 comments Mod
Marcie wrote: "It's Marcie! Y'all know me.

So...I am finished reading, and I have thoughts and feels. Anyone else??"

Hey! I just added a spoilery thread so those who have finished can talk it out over there. I have yet to even START so...this is going well already. :)

message 7: by Elise (new)

Hey guys! I'm Elise. I live in Somerville, MA (just outside of Boston) and have a Channing Tatum problem. Also, a shoe problem. When I find a really good book, I tend to react like this. I'm working on a graphic novel, by which I mean I've drawn a few things and continue to fill moleskines with ideas. My book club drink of choice is malbec.

message 8: by Mel71 (new)

Mel71 | 1 comments I'm Mel from Indiana. Long time reader of LTT known around the twilight fandom as Melissa Twilightlover (so original!). Mother of two who loves to embarrass the family with my love of all things YA: Twilight, Mortal Instruments, Hunger Games, Divergent, etc.

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily Anthon Hi all, I'm Emily, you may know me as emmeloowhoo. I'm downloading the book now. I love real books but am running out of room on my shelves and there is no room for another book case! So I will start reading soon. Current obsessions: tv shows graceland, doctor who and revenge... I'm a real fandom nerd and love Harry potter, LOTR, Sherlock, Star Trek and any other geeky thing. I am reading a couple of books right now, re-reading the hobbit, Life of Pi and an immortal instruments one, I'm not sure, it was hard to read.

Drink of choice Mountain Dew or water

message 10: by Keisha (new)

Keisha (keishabird) Hey y'all! I'm Keisha. You may know me from LTT/LTR as Keisha (talk about original!) or Keishabird from Twitter. I live in Iowa and am ready to read some good books! I love Guinness and Pimms Cup.

message 11: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah Decker (bekahbuttons) | 101 comments Mod
Candice wrote: "Hi everyone!
I'm Candice. I'm from Canada. I started following LTT/LTR a couple of years ago and now That's Normal. I comment very rarely as Lalizzy even though I love the blog (tend to be a cre..."

yay! glad to see a new face not creeping:)

message 12: by Rebekah (new)

Elise wrote: "Marcie wrote: "It's Marcie! Y'all know me.

Hey! I just added a spoilery thread so those who have finished can talk it ou..."

you guys are CRAZY

message 13: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah wrote: "Elise wrote: "Marcie wrote: "It's Marcie! Y'all know me.

Hey! I just added a spoilery thread so those who have finished ..."

ps i'll probably be done tomorrow or the next day so will join you there

message 14: by Rebekah (new)

Hi I'm Bekah and I literally don't think I've been a part of a book club EVER so this is exciting for me.

What are we doing here? A/S/L?

30 (eek), Female, Live in Philly. Loves cats. Just starting commuting by train so I have a ton of time freed up to read. I've read like 5 books in the last month which is more than I've read in the last year, so this is exciting for me! I started Written in Red this morning and am excited to discuss it! I have stuff highlighted already because BEIGE TURTLENECKS

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

HI GUYS! I'm Elena. I live in southern CA. I'm 29. I have 5 kids (not a typo!!) and I work in social media. A job I got because I ran a successful Twilight blog. Who knew?! I have strong coffee and diet coke running through my veins which allows me to stay awake reading after I get 5 kids to bed though I probably "read" (via audiobook) the most on my 5 hour round trip commute to work daily. I just finished the second Game of Thrones book yesterday so I'll be starting something new ASAP!

message 16: by Rebekah (new)

Elena wrote: "HI GUYS! I'm Elena. I live in southern CA. I'm 29. I have 5 kids (not a typo!!) and I work in social media. A job I got because I ran a successful Twilight blog. Who knew?! I have strong coffee and..."

FIVE HOURS? if you move closer to LA I'll move there too
i almost promise this

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Rebekah wrote: "Elena wrote: "HI GUYS! I'm Elena. I live in southern CA. I'm 29. I have 5 kids (not a typo!!) and I work in social media. A job I got because I ran a successful Twilight blog. Who knew?! I have str..."

It's a work in progress. xo ;)

message 18: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Ard (heyitsmrsa) | 2 comments Hi guys! My name is Marissa and I'm from Fort Worth Tx! I followed LTT/LTR for awhile and now Im following that's normal. I am very much a creeper lol! I'm currently obsessed with cats , coffee, hair (I'm a hairstylist) and books! My drink of choice is coffee or a good peach bellini . I'm am so excited about this book club!

message 19: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (iamtgar) | 26 comments Mod
Oh heyyyy!! I'm Tiffany, 31 from Washington state. I recently went from being a full time makeup artist/ stylist to being a fake librarian (I manage 2 libraries in my area). Big change of pace. I still moonlight as a makeup artist though. I love me some YA, I'm excited for our book club. I don't drink (sad trombone) but I'm probably just as cray sober as y'all will be drinking. I'll be the DR (designated reader.) I'm @iamtgar in the twit world.

message 20: by Rebekah (new)

Tiffany wrote: "Oh heyyyy!! I'm Tiffany, 31 from Washington state. I recently went from being a full time makeup artist/ stylist to being a fake librarian (I manage 2 libraries in my area). Big change of pace. I s..."

31!? I legit thought you were 24- 25 TOPS!

message 21: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 1 comments hey there...I am Heidi from Brea, California. I am a former lurker from LTT/LTR, and I am loving That's Normal! I have been a writing professor for 17 years (that makes me really old!) and I am the mother of 3 boys...yes 3 boys, who of course, keep me on my toes. I am currently reading The Fault in Our Stars AND Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? so I have not started the first book club book...I may be really trying to catch up here. My obsessions are Divergent, The Maze Runner, Star Wars and Obi-Wan Kenobi (or is it Ewan McGreagor?) all things gluten-free (celiac) and Downton Abbey. I have been known to lose hours over Jane Austen. I have never been part of a book club, although having been an English major, honestly that's what those classes are...one big book club :) I will be drinking hard cider when we discuss.

message 22: by Tiffany (new)

Rebekah wrote: "31!? I legit thought you were 24- 25 TOPS! "

Bekah, we went over this like 4 years ago haha yes 31 :(
People always think I am a little younger than I am (years of working in cosmetics make you super careful with your skin) but I never know if people think I am immature or just look young... hopefully this looking young thing will pay off in 15 years.

message 23: by Shalan (new)

Shalan | 8 comments Hi Hi! I am Shalan - that's Alan with Shhhh. I'm from Toronto, Canada (waves to fellow Canadian) and a longtime commentor/follower of LTT/LTR. I'm MrsKowski pretty much everywhere but on GR's. To be honest, I don't have any real obsessions at the moment but JZB and anything Fever related will have me dropping everything at any time. I have a 3 hour commute each day so while I don't read overly fast, I still manage to go through plenty of books. I get emotionally invested - I keeping meaning to seek help ;-) - in just about everything I read so I tend to be a little more picky about topics. Looking forward to sharing my crazy ...
My drink of choice is Rum & Coke but I don't discriminate!

message 24: by Elise (new)

Guys, this is so exciting how many people are already on board! So glad we did this.

message 25: by Becca (new)

Becca West | 10 comments Hi! I'm getting in on this even though I gotta finish up another book(Bekah got me started on The Fever Series!!) before I actually start this one.
I'm Becca from Arlington Tx. 34 yrs old and married with 3 kids and all that jazz. I'm Goldberrybecca on Twitter and on LTT back in the good old days.
I love to read just about everything and enjoy a nice espresso or cold coke depending on the time of day, and on occasion I throw back a mojito.
Can't wait to start the discussion!

message 26: by Becca (new)

Becca West | 10 comments Marissa wrote: "Hi guys! My name is Marissa and I'm from Fort Worth Tx! I followed LTT/LTR for awhile and now Im following that's normal. I am very much a creeper lol! I'm currently obsessed with cats , coffee, ha..."

Oh Heeeey other That's Normal person from near me! FINALLY someone near me!!! :-)

message 27: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkipierce) | 3 comments Mod
HEY GIRLS HEEEEEYYY!!

This is SO exciting to see some new faces and some familiar!!

I'm Nikki, I'm 31, I just purchased a pair of Crocs online, I have the one and only Jumping Rob ™ in my dining room looking at me as I type this, I just started the 4th Game of Thrones book (I just can't quit you!), work in social media, live in Los Angeles, into gardening, have the cutest niece in ze world, lots to SEE the world, and watch SO much TV it might be embarrassing. Ok, it's not that much.

Poison of choice: GIN (anything gin) and tonic or champagne.

message 28: by Tiffany (new)

Nikki wrote: "
I'm Nikki, I'm 31, I just purchased a pair of Crocs online."

Nikki... say it anit so...

message 29: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkipierce) | 3 comments Mod
Tiffany wrote: "Nikki wrote: "

Nikki... say it anit so..."

NO JUDGEMENT TIFFANY!!! They're for gardening ;)

message 30: by Rebekah (new)

Nikki wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "Nikki wrote: "

NO JUDGEMENT TIFFANY!!! They're for gardening ;)"

Ugh I thought we discussed this? Not even for gardening Nikki, NOT EVEN.

message 31: by CJ (new)

CJ (cjdf) Rebekah wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "Nikki wrote: "

NO JUDGEMENT TIFFANY!!! They're for gardening ;)"

Ugh I thou..."

Nikki, I love my crocs. But I'm well aware no one should take fashion advice from me, so I don't know if my support helps at all...

message 32: by Lavi (new)

Lavi | 3 comments Hi my name is Lavi. I've pretty much been a creeper in LTT/LTR and now on That's Normal. This is a big step for me to actually comment! I am 33 and live in the suburbs of Chicago. I love YA books, lots of tv shows, and watching movies at the theater. I am currently trying to eliminate diet pop from my diet. It's been tough. So I drink a lot of water. I know, boring. I also like wine and mojitos. And chips and salsa.

message 33: by Rebekah (new)

Lavi wrote: "Hi my name is Lavi. I've pretty much been a creeper in LTT/LTR and now on That's Normal. This is a big step for me to actually comment! I am 33 and live in the suburbs of Chicago. I love YA books, ..."

OMG YOU ARE SO CLOSE TO THEO JAMES RIGHT NOW

welcome:)

message 34: by Rebekah (new)

Carrie Jo wrote: "Rebekah wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "Nikki wrote: "

NO JUDGEMENT TIFFANY!!! They're for gardening..."

NOOOOOO to CROCSSSSS

message 35: by MC (last edited Jun 15, 2013 01:30AM) (new)

MC (mcecilia) | 130 comments Hi! I'm completely new and fail at Good Reads, so excuse me while I stumble around like a nearsighted person who lost her contacts...
I love to read but have too little time, so I'm probably only going to make sympathetic noises about this first book. I look forward to having lots of wine and intelligent comments by y'all,though!
Addition: Sorry, it occurred to me that this was a crappy introduction: I live in Sweden, I've been an LTT girl since June 2009, and I'm MariaCecilia/MeanieMary on Twitter if you want to find me there.

message 36: by Suzanne (last edited Jun 13, 2013 02:30AM) (new)

Suzanne (suzannedaley) | 1 comments Hello from the British Contingent..

I'm Suzanne , I'm from Liverpool and have severely neglected my Goodreads account this year. I read YA stuff mostly and usually stalk Beth's GR account or Beth herself, when deciding what to read next.
My claim to fame is actually living in Beatles former house, true story, You can Google it!

In a former life I was Robzanne on the secret blogs and twitter, I've now changed my handle to @suzannetheplan as my RL has started creeping in and I'm not so secret anymore.
I can't see me being able to join the monthly google hang out, I don't think we can handle 3 time zones, but I hate missing out and can post on here along the way.
I'm starting tonight
x

message 37: by MC (new)

MC (mcecilia) | 130 comments Suzanne wrote: "Hello from the British Contingent..

I'm Suzanne , I'm from Liverpool and have severely neglected my Goodreads account this year. I read YA stuff mostly and usually stalk Beth's GR account or Beth ..."

Wow!! As an old Beatle fan I'm awed and impressed! Can I touch your avi on the screen? :-) (notcreepyoranything)

message 38: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Ard (heyitsmrsa) | 2 comments Becca! I actually live in Arlington, I was raised in Fort Worth, so I say that because people almost always know where that is! I'm so excited I thought I was the line DFW ranger!

message 39: by Beth (new)

Guys, I am at the beach this week, and have been neglecting my goodreads account ... most of the time I am here every day, which is pathetic I know. I was a literature major a decade ago and what can I say? I miss college.

SO SO SO excited to see so many lurkers and new faces mixing with the familiar! This is gonna be zoppity.

message 40: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Blate | 2 comments Hey guys I'm Rachel, 30 almost 31! I go by rachel_b123 on twitter. I live just outside Philadelphia in the burbs. I am kind of disorganized so I can't promise I'll read every book in the book club but I will try to challenge myself to do it! Currently reading the second Game of Thrones book. Would never wear crocs for any reason whatsoever (sorry Nikki!) and let's see... booze of choice white wine or fruity vodka drinks! Let's DO THIS!

message 41: by Pitty (new)

Pitty | 3 comments Hi everyone! I'm Mercedes but eveyone calls me Pitty, I live in Panama (central america, not the one in Florida)and have never been a member of a book club or book disscussion kinda thing...so it a first for me but really excited! I read a lot of diffent stuff, but recently a friend has me hooked of YA and romance novels.
My drink of choice will depend on my mood at the time, but wine or vodka tonic will do the trick most of the time!

message 42: by April (new)

April Crain (abookishbabe) | 12 comments Hi all!!! I'm April! I live in Nor Ca, am 31 and have 3 daughters! I worked in the cosmetics industry for 6.5 years before I quit to become a stay at home mom... Don't get me wrong though... That's a job all in itself! I was a total bookworm growing up and as I got married and had kids I just got busy and didn't know what to read now that I was too old for The Babysitters Club... While on bed rest and bored and pregnant w my 3rd daughter in 6/08' a friend said I should read this book called Twilight... Well 3 days later I had finished Eclipse and thought... Why did I ever stop reading?!? 9 months pregnant I was at the midnight showing for twilight and 3 days later, Isabella Lynn was born. Yup. I have a Bella. No judgement. But thanks to twilight my love for reading was rediscovered! I love my Starbucks, Vampire Diaries and my favorite book series is Divergent although I do love some good smut. I am newly obsessed with Theo James and am looking forward to Bella going to kindergarten in the fall so I can get a part time job and work on my new website launching 7/1 trisandfour.com dedicated to Divergent!!! Excited to start meet and get to know everyone!!

message 43: by Dany (new)

Dany (danyspike) Hi! I'm Dany, I'm 28 years old and I'm from Chile. I joined the crazy (LTT/LTR) in 2008 and I fell in love with those crazy girls right then and there. Irrevocably. Even after I found out some of them wear crocs. If that's not love, I don't know what it is.
I love to read and crocheting, and my current obsession is Doctor Who and David Tennant, but I've been trying to take that one easy, since I need to function in RL, and it's impossible to do so while thinking only about the last episode I watched.
I'm a pseudo runner and I don't drink, but I get vicariously drunk when other people drink, so that's ok.
You can find me on twitter as DanySpike, I'd love to have you there! (warning: some of my tweets are in Spanish, but feel free to answer in any language you prefer :D )
Hugs to all!

message 44: by Rebekah (new)

WE HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE FROM LATIN AMERICA

okay i think there are two of you but whatever!

message 45: by Nayira (new)

Nayira (nayimarie) | 18 comments Rebekah wrote: "WE HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE FROM LATIN AMERICA

okay i think there are two of you but whatever!"

jiji yup! I love this!

message 46: by Dany (new)

Dany (danyspike) Nayira wrote: "Rebekah wrote: "WE HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE FROM LATIN AMERICA

jiji yup! I love this!"

Yes! We'll start posting and participating here, and before you know it, the blog's going to be called "Eso es normal", and we'll only talk about tequila Tomás and his sexy tan :D

message 47: by Pitty (new)

Pitty | 3 comments Dany wrote: "Nayira wrote: "Rebekah wrote: "WE HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE FROM LATIN AMERICA

jiji yup! I love this!"

Yes! We'll start posting and participating here,..."

hahahahhaha....definitely after a couple of tequilas....:D!!!!

message 48: by Cyndy (new)

Cyndy Aleo (cyndyaleo) | 23 comments I'm Cyndy. Some of you may know me as Algie or D0t. I'm older than all of you, left comments on LTT only occasionally, and think Jamie is hott. I'm fond of tequila, chocolate, and sleep.

I'm not going to be able to join in for the first book as I'm a freelance reviewer for a magazine and I'm buried in smut ATM, but hope to catch up for book 2. Provided it doesn't suck.

message 49: by Beth (new)

April wrote: "Hi all!!! I'm April! I live in Nor Ca, am 31 and have 3 daughters! I worked in the cosmetics industry for 6.5 years before I quit to become a stay at home mom... Don't get me wrong though... That's..."

April, I have an Isabella (Ella) too, but she was born before SMeyer even dreamed up a meadow. But solidarity ... no judgement. :)

And who doesn't love Theo James? Crazies, that's who.

message 50: by Beth (new)

Cyndy wrote: "I'm Cyndy. Some of you may know me as Algie or D0t. I'm older than all of you, left comments on LTT only occasionally, and think Jamie is hott. I'm fond of tequila, chocolate, and sleep.

I'm not ..."

Whert if it sucks though? Don't leave us.

« previous 1 3 4 5