Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Friday Questions > Question #126: Most Memorable Characters

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by lisa, Questioner (new)

lisa (cravescoffee32) | 286 comments Mod
Hello, everyone. Happy Friday!

Sorry for skipping last Friday, but I am finally done packing and moving and driving. My internet access is more than a little challenging right now, but I'll do my best to post new questions before quitting time on Fridays.

So here's the next question: Who has been the most memorable character from the books you have read so far this year? What made that character memorable? Was the character the main character or one of the supporting characters?

I'm sure I won't be the only one to have trouble keeping my response to only one character, but here's my short(est) list: Tom Ripley from The Talented Mr. Ripley, Henry from The Time Traveler's Wife and the Narrator from Fight Club. Honorable mention to Andrea Sachs from The Devil Wears Prada. These characters were memorable for me because they each tapped into my own emotions and experiences, and I was invested in their stories.

What about you? Which characters have you encountered this year that have been the most memorable?

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim | 289 comments Of the books I've read this year, one of the most interesting was Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit. He is a much more interesting characther than Frodo was in Lord of the Rings. In LOTR, Frodo has the ring but is reliant on everyone else to constantly save him and keep him on track. Bilbo is a more genuine hero having to use his wits and limited skill to overcome obstancles. He is repeatedly bailing out the dwarves as opposed to Frodo relying on the Fellowship.

Other than Bilbo and my star wars books, I haven't read a lot of interesting books this year. Most of my books have been forgetable and several were the start to a series that I didn't want to continue after the first book. I just got 6 books from the library, maybe one of them will have a memorable character.

message 3: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 540 comments i dont know why but Ender from Enders game. Another one is Tom Bombadil from The Two Towers. That was cool dude!

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim | 289 comments I think Tom Bombadil was in Fellowship of the Ring. I could not stand that character and am grateful he wasn't in the movies.

message 5: by Naomi V (new)

Naomi V (naomi_v) | 550 comments Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird. a man of dignity, honour, and wisdom; a principled and compassionate man. probably my favorite character of all time.