YA Writers and Readers discussion

Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
This topic is about Beautiful Darkness
Buddy Reads > Beauiful Darkness

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tam (new) - rated it 1 star

Tam | 173 comments Mod
We are going to strat Beautiful Darkness Saturday the 8th, if anyone else would like to join in you are most welcome to. :)

message 2: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan | 1315 comments Mod
Just started a while ago, I'm really liking this one compared to the first one. It's been a while since I exactly read the first one so I was wondering… what's an incubus?? They keep mentioning it and I'm having trouble remembering exactly what that even is.
Also Lena's detachment seems a little strange, I really hope that changes soon and she gets back to her original self.

message 3: by Tam (new) - rated it 1 star

Tam | 173 comments Mod
Incubuses are demon type things that feed off the memories and dreams of mortals while they sleep, I remember in Beautiful Creatures Macon was one and he fed off Ethan while he was having those bad dreams about Lena.

message 4: by Morgan (new) - added it

Oh yeah I remember that now. I guess in my head I was picturing them like those things in he Harry potter movies that suck the souls out of people, which is obviously not true.

message 5: by Tam (new) - rated it 1 star

Tam | 173 comments Mod
Oh Yeah, I think they just look like normal humans? Hmm..

message 6: by Morgan (new) - added it

Yeah at least I think they're humans. I'm really wondering who this new guy John is. And I hate how Ridleys acting, although I do feel for her. It does, in some strange way, feel like she wants to change.

message 7: by Tam (new) - rated it 1 star

Tam | 173 comments Mod
I agree, she really does seem like she wants to change, I wonder if they might be able to work out a way to change Ridley so she can become light.

message 8: by Morgan (new) - added it

I haven't read much of this in a while, but I'm picking it up right now so hopefully I'll get something done :)