Conversations discussion

Current Reads

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iscribbler (new)

Iscribbler | 5 comments I'm currently reading book 5 of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher called Death Masks. I'm really enjoying this book more than the others from the series - it feels like a much tighter novel. :)

I'll also be taking a step out of my normal reads and trying out Stephen King's The Stand. I've never read a King novel and everyone tells me that this is the best.

message 2: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal | 3 comments What a coincidence, Iscribbler! I'm watching the pilot of the Dresden Files right now!

message 3: by Guillermo (new)

Guillermo Panich (guillepanich) | 5 comments I was reading the Chronicles of Narnia. I finished books 1 and 2 and I was nearly done with the third two days ago when I came across The Fault in our Stars. After started reading it I couldn't stop.. I have 30% left.
I suppose when I finish it I'll continue with Narnia

message 4: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle Iscribbler wrote: "I'm currently reading book 5 of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher called Death Masks. I'm really enjoying this book more than the others from the series - it feels like a much tighter novel. :)

I..."

Stephen King and me don't get along. I tried Dreamcatcher a while ago and gave up and just a couple of days ago I gave up on 11/22/63. I just can't get excited by the immense amount of irrelevant details he gives unfortunately.

message 5: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle Just started Wuthering Heights.

message 6: by Subramanian (new)

Subramanian (vagrant71) Katie wrote: "What's on your currently-reading shelf? What do you plan to read next?"

I'm currently reading Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole#1: The Redbreast. A goodreads friend recommended the book, the entire set to me.

message 7: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle Is it good Narayanan?

message 8: by Joi (new)

Joi I am currently reading the Hunger Games.

message 9: by Iscribbler (new)

Iscribbler | 5 comments Anagha wrote: "What a coincidence, Iscribbler! I'm watching the pilot of the Dresden Files right now!"

I've yet to watch the series but I really enjoy the books. I've just finished with The Furies of Calderon, though, and didn't like that at all. I didn't want it to be like Dresden, but I was hoping that it would have the Jim Butcher touch, which I failed to see.

message 10: by Iscribbler (new)

Iscribbler | 5 comments Just started reading The Devil in the White City. I don't normally read this genre so I'm hoping I'll like it. I did just get done reading Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews which turned out to be a surprisingly good read.

message 11: by Iscribbler (new)

Iscribbler | 5 comments Narayanan wrote: "Katie wrote: "What's on your currently-reading shelf? What do you plan to read next?"

I'm currently reading Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole#1: The Redbreast. A goodreads friend recommended the book, the ent..."

I'd like to know if you like it, too. I've been wanting to try out a Nesbo book but wasn't sure if they were really worth reading. :) Will love to hear your review!

message 12: by Joi (new)

Joi I just started The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan. I am also reading Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson.

message 13: by Anna (last edited Nov 15, 2013 01:48PM) (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) Nicolle wrote: "Just started Wuthering Heights."

Hope you liked it. Once that book gets under your skin, it stays there.

message 14: by Joi (new)

Joi I just finished Harry Potter& the Sorcerer's Stone. I am now reading the Beginning of Everything and Delilah's Daughters.