Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) Entwined with You question

What do you think of Eva's run-in with Gideon's mom at the charity event?
Connie Connie Jun 06, 2013 09:54AM
I was impressed with Eva to stood up for Gideon. Shame on Gideon's mom for being in denial and not reach out to him. This made me sad for Gideon.

~IreneOust~ (last edited Jun 06, 2013 09:59AM ) Jun 06, 2013 09:58AM   1 vote
Gideon's mother has issues. That's for sure. It's almost like she was ashamed to endure another scandal (after Gideon's father's suicide) so she decided to sweep it all under the rug and ignore it. Shame on you, woman! Shame!

Mochaspresso (last edited Jun 11, 2013 02:00AM ) Jun 11, 2013 01:51AM   0 votes
Honestly, I didn't like that run in at all. His Mom clearly has issues, but I thought Eva only exacerbated things with her reactions to her. I kept going back to my "in real life knowledge and wisdom" of how bad it is for any marriage to have a problem with your mother in law or even worse....for you as the wife to be "PERCEIVED" as the one who came on the scene and made an already existing rift between mother and son even bigger. Perceived is in caps and quotes because it doesn't matter whether you actually did these things or not. If that's how others are perceiving it, it's bad news for you. Notice that Gideon's approach to Eva's Mom is completely different.

I really hated this part in the book. I hated her audacity and the assumptions shes made of Eva cheating on Gideon when in actual fact it was only speculated a few weeks ago that Gideon cheated on Eva in the mags.
I sooooo can't wait to see the look on her face when she finds out that they are M too!!! ^_^
I love Eva for standing up to her as well!

I wonder if she is going to be in cahoots with Corinne. Or maybe she already is. I don't see how a woman who loves her son as much as she "says" she does, not believe her son when he says he had been abused or was being abused. Why didn't she give Gideon the benefit of the doubt and get a second opinion. She makes me mad, she acts like Gideon is still lying about the abuse to get attention. She acts like it is Eva's fault. I wonder if she got ahold of the rock star and is bribing him to break up Eva and Gideon. Probably not, I am always wrong about storylines.

Jo (last edited Jun 06, 2013 02:22PM ) Jun 06, 2013 02:21PM   0 votes
His mom is nuts anyway.. why did she tell Eva that she is trying to take him away? I know she can see the issues between the two brothers.. She is probably scared of Eva because she knows more that most about Gideon... I can't wait to see what happens when they find out their M...

I agree with Mochaspresso. I thought that Eva showed immaturity to have that kind of confrontation in such a public arena. Even though Gideon's mother started it, Eva should have just walked away.

IS IT JUST ME, OR DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK THAT SYLVIA DAY DROPPED THE BALL ST THE END OF THIS BOOK? SO MANY QUESTIONS LEFT WITH NO ANSWERS. I WAS RELLY DISSAPOINTED IN THIS BOOK:(

Paris (kerbytejas) yeah this book was a dissapointment
Aug 31, 2013 03:42PM · flag

Does anyone else think it is VERY ODD that Gideon gave Eva his mother's "old" ring? Why is he in possession of it in the first place? Wouldn't his sister be a more appropriate person to have received it from the mother? In most families, the mother's jewelry is gifted to the daughter! I found it amusing that earlier in the book Gideon told Eva that when he had to purchase a ring for Corinne, he shopped at the first store he found. Obviously, buying engagement rings is not a high priority for him.

Angie Elle I agree with you. She does need to calm down. She's had years to atone for what she did, but instead she's stirring up trouble. It makes you wonder if ...more
Aug 31, 2013 01:06PM · flag

Did she really say 'fuck you'? LOL

i think that's exactly it - she doesn't know how to be anything but a trophy wife and there's already so much scandal in their family. it's a shame, since ireland deserves a mom that's supportive and loving as does Gideon.