Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) Moon Called discussion

Are there any books similar to this series?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Christy I love werewolves books. Are there any similar to this series. (I just LOVE Adam)

message 2: by Gerd (last edited Jun 06, 2013 09:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gerd Eileen Wilks's "World of the Lupi" novels: Tempting Danger

Incidentally they even seem to use the same covers in some countries. :)

Christy Thanks I haven't read that. I will put it on to-read list.

Lynn Hi Christy
I have read the Mercy Thompson and the World of the Lupi books and they are both great. On a slightly different track I have also enjoyed the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. It may be worth giving it a try.

Jennifer Christy wrote: "I love werewolves books. Are there any similar to this series. (I just LOVE Adam)"

Have you read the other books that are connected to that series? The Alpha and Omega series. You probably have but I thought I'd mention it just in case. You could also try the Riley Jenson series by Keri Arthur. Kelley Armstrong has a whole "Otherworld" series. Several of the books are about the werewolf characters. I really like that series because there are several supernatural people but they are all connected. One book may be about the werewolves but their witch, demon, necromancer, etc friends show up. It's the same main group of characters but each one gets the spotlight in different books.

Amanda Christy wrote: "I love werewolves books. Are there any similar to this series. (I just LOVE Adam)"

i highly recommend Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. Just thinking of Curran make me swoon....

Shells Storm Written in Red by Anne Bishop was great. Ilona Andrews books are fantastic. Molly Harper has some fun werewolf books such as The art of seducing a naked werewolf. Lol

Christy No I haven't read the Alpha and Omega series yet. Right now i'm reading Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs but I do have The Alpha and omega series on my to-read list.

I will have to add the kate Daniels series I haven't read them.

Or the Otherworld I have been meaning to.

thanks Y'all!

Shells Storm The Kitty Norville series by Carrie Vaughn and the Psy-changeling series by Nalini Singh also feature werewolves as well as other supes

Book Red Shelly Laureston series. I second Alpha and Omega.

Jamie There is a new series that is similar, with wolf shifters. It is by Rebecca Graf. It's called "Deep Connections" and the sequel is "Dark Connections". I know the third will be coming out at some point I just don't know when. I loved these first two, I couldn't put them down!

Christy OK thanks I will try them out as well. Thanks!

message 13: by T.M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.M. Payne Alpha and Omega Series was awesome I read it right after reading Mercy Thompson Series :) !!!

Mitch Schroeder You should read the Jane Yellowrock series. Not werewolves, but the series has a lot of similarities to this one.

Catie Rhodes Have you tried Rachel Vincent's Shifters series? It's about werecats, not werewolves, but it's entertaining. The first book is Stray.

Christy Catie wrote: "Have you tried Rachel Vincent's Shifters series? It's about werecats, not werewolves, but it's entertaining. The first book is Stray."

No I haven't I will but I will try to get them next. Thanks

message 17: by Tom (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tom I would actually recommend reading the Benedict Jacka books. I think they start with Fated. Not bad.

Also the Cal and Niko books are turning out to be better than expected.

Amanda Lisle There is The Bloodhound Files by D. D. Barant.
Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton
Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison has werewolves, but not many
Imortals After Dark serise by Kresley Cole
Psy-Changling series by Nalini Singh
Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong
Tales of the Sazi by C. T Adams and Cathy Clamp
Wyndham Werewolves series by MaryJanice Davidson will make you laugh

That's about all I can think of off hand.

Matteo Pendarvis Christy wrote: "I love werewolves books. Are there any similar to this series. (I just LOVE Adam)"

Try the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews and the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong. I think the Kate Daniels Series may be more like what you are looking for. Good reading.

message 20: by Robin (last edited Oct 25, 2013 07:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Robin I've seen Illona Andrews and Kim Harrison mentioned a lot. Though I'm not quite sure thy're werewolf books. I honestly have a bit of a hard time finding authors/books similar to this one. But that could be because I haven't searched well enough or read all of the suggestions I've gotten. :P

message 21: by Adam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Adam Gutschenritter Jim Butcher's Dresden Files are wonderful. Werewolves are the backup characters but the urban fantasy part is fantastic.

message 22: by Rugg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rugg Ruggedo Both Carrie Vaughn's "Kitty" series and Faith Hunter's Jane Yellowrock series are very well written and keep some of the same types of themes and questions that Briggs deals with. Others have mentioned it,but its worth a reminder that Alpha/Omega, Briggs other series, is just as amazing as the original.

Tiffany T Christy wrote: "I love werewolves books. Are there any similar to this series. (I just LOVE Adam)"

Frostbite by David Wellington is good. Also Patricia Briggs Alpha Omega series is excellent as well.

Karel Try the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. There are werewolves and the heroine is tough and vulnerable like Mercy Thompson. Actually like this series better.

Sandy Hi. These are some of my faves for paranormals, not all with weres but smart, sexy & well written WITHOUT the kind of female leads that make you want to stick a needle in your eye:

Jennifer Rardin (vamps, hysterically funny & sexy)
Kevin Hearn (sexy druid & Oberon, his talking dog who's a scene stealer)
Ilona Andrews (I agree..Curran is swoon worthy)
Faith Hunter (skinwalker, vamps & witches)
Gail Carriger (steampunk, vamps, weres...again, hilarious)

Happy reading! S.

Terri Terry Spear has two good series. One is wolves the other is leopards.

Tracy Christy wrote: "I love werewolves books. Are there any similar to this series. (I just LOVE Adam)"

Hi Christy, there is another Wolf series by Quinn Loftis u might like....

Phyllis Read Bitten by Kelley Armstrong.

Sharon There are a lot of good suggestions above. I've read most of them, but here's one that no one has yet mentioned.

The Walker Papers series by C.E. Murphy. Lots of Native American and Celtic stuff in them. Joanne Walker is a half Irish-half Cherokee auto mechanic (who works for the police department). First task---defeat The Wild Hunt.

Urban Shaman is the first one.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Sharon Tyler The other Sharon beat me to it- I was just about to mention C.E. Murphy's books, particularly the Walker Papers series. Shifters and an cool combination of mythologies. I am late by a minute..

Tracy You should check out the Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews and The Cat & Bones Series by Jeaniene Frost.

Elentarri Monster Haven series by R.L Naquin - not too shabby and rather entertaining.

Melody Mongeon Sharon wrote: "There are a lot of good suggestions above. I've read most of them, but here's one that no one has yet mentioned.

The Walker Papers series by C.E. Murphy. Lots of Native American and Celtic stuff i..."

Melody Mongeon i agree the ce murphy books are not only awesome but there is a strong parallel in the type of heroine and how they expand and interact with the "other world" they are tied to.

Book Red Kelly Lucille books are more romance but great characters, mainly shifter.

message 37: by Lynn (last edited Jan 21, 2014 09:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn Laurell K. Hamilton. The Anita Blake Series Fantastic and oh so addictive... Also Yasmine Galenorn.
The "Otherworld Series.

Jenny I like the Stormwalker books by Allison James.
Like Mercy, Janet Begay is a native american, trying to run her own business and stay out of trouble, but unfortunately for her, she is a trouble magnet. At the same time, it's up to Janet to save the word from evil. The books do not have many werewolves in them, but there are other kinds of sexy shifters to make up for that!
Oh, and there is a mysterious coyote trickster god running around giving mysterious answers to straight forward questions. And he keeps turning up in Janet’s dreams flirting with her…

message 39: by Michielle (last edited Jan 30, 2014 11:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michielle Sharon wrote: "There are a lot of good suggestions above. I've read most of them, but here's one that no one has yet mentioned.

The Walker Papers series by C.E. Murphy. Lots of Native American and Celtic stuff i..."

I really need to read those. There is also a cross over story between Joanne Walker and Jane Yellowrock of the Yellowrock series. I have to read that one too.

In case the series was not mentioned. The Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter is really good. https://www.goodreads.com/series/4640...

Looks like it has been mentioned. So I will add my support. =)

message 40: by Lynn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn Thanks!.. lol I have faith hunter on my to read list.. I just haven't gotten to her yet. Thnaks sharon

message 41: by Lynn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn Jenny wrote: "I like the Stormwalker books by Allison James.
Like Mercy, Janet Begay is a native american, trying to run her own business and stay out of trouble, but unfortunately for her, she is a trouble mag..."

thanks!

Cameronschuneman i don't know

message 43: by Tee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tee uhhhh 'The Grey wolves series' by Quinn Loftis is kind of similar but focuses on three girls instead of one throughout the series. Also the 'Phoenix Pack series' by Suzanne Wright if you are looking for a those dominant possessive type characters.

Leah Try the Shifter series by Rachel Vincent. Another good series is Women of the otherworld by Kelley Armstrong, starting with Bitten (the first couple books are fantastic, unfortunately it declines as the series progresses.) Its teenage fiction but the Awakening and the books that follow a series also by Kelley Armstrong its fantastic, I read them all within about two days.

message 45: by Teresa (last edited Jan 21, 2015 11:50PM) (new) - added it

Teresa Roberts thanks so much for the wonderful suggestions, I'm reading a lot of these series but not others...

Elizabeth Try this authour

Jeaniene Frost

message 47: by Rob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob The Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunger is similar to the Mercy Thompson series accept the main character is a skinwalker that shifts into a Puma instead of coyote.

message 48: by Teresa (new) - added it

Teresa Roberts I'll try Frost & Hunger, haven't read either.

Kaitlin Chamberlain Try Kitty Norville series by: Carrie Vaughn

message 50: by Teresa (new) - added it

Teresa Roberts love Kitty,

« previous 1