Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Finding a book about werewolves.

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 06, 2013 06:59AM) (new)

I'm finding a book that I've used to read long time ago. I can't remember the title. I hope someone could help me.

Some details I remember. (some might be wrong)
- the hero is the son of an alpha.
- he has older siblings.
- he fought with other pack member to get his current position/ statue

- heroine is not a werewolf.
- I think she was turned into one during full moon
- she was locked up in the bedroom
- she showed the pack members her natural alpha mate abilities/gift from time to time
- she comforted one of the omega/lower level wolf with her touch

- at some point in the story, she escaped by a car but was stopped by the werewolves. She witness one of the wolf shift for the first time at this part.
- she had dinner/lunch with all the pack members, some of the traveled from out station
- there is staircase in the hero's house

- there is a female character in the book that thinks she belongs to the hero. Always publicly trying to insult the heroine.
- she grew up in the pack
- I think she fought with the heroine for the hero in wolf form during the full moon. And the heroine almost killed her.

- they had a mating ritual during full moon for the hero and heroine

This is all I could remember. Some detailes might be wrong.
I hope someone could identify the author and title for me.
Thank you.

message 2: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments I read this book, and for the life of me I cannot remember the name. I am almost sure that the woman's name is Kara..... I will go hunting among my books in hopes of finding it.

message 3: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda Could this be two books instead of one?

message 4: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments I am almost sure it's a series. Thinking the second book is about the second in command, and he finds his mate while at a restaurant and she is the waitress. I believe she is an artist of some kind.

message 5: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (BrittneyM) | 35 comments I haven't a clue about these books but if anyone finds out the name or names I'd love to read them! They sound interesting!! Please and thanks!! :-)

message 6: by PepperP0t (last edited Jun 06, 2013 12:29PM) (new)

PepperP0t  | 534 comments i'm certain this is either:

phoenix pack series by Suzanne wright or
law of the lycans series by nicky Charles
I've read these books she's describing.

try: these -- especially wicked cravings the plot is so close
Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright & Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2) by Suzanne Wright

message 7: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments Neither of these series are what I am thinking of.
On the upside they both sound good and I may have to. Add them to my to read pile.

Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy)  | 137 comments Do you remember if the heroine was kidnapped/locked up before she was turned? Was she turned and then was a lone wolf before coming in contact with the pack? How about the reason she was locked up/why the pack wanted her?

I agree, I can think of a couple series with some of the elements you mentioned...

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 06, 2013 01:04PM) (new)

Pat wrote: "i'm certain this is either:

phoenix pack series by Suzanne wright or
law of the lycans series by nicky Charles
I've read these books she's describing.

try: these -- especially wicked cravings th..."

Thank you. But it's not these book.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Deanne wrote: "I am almost sure it's a series. Thinking the second book is about the second in command, and he finds his mate while at a restaurant and she is the waitress. I believe she is an artist of some kind."

Yes. The second book is about the second in command. But I've forgotten whether she's an artist or not.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Ninab wrote: "Do you remember if the heroine was kidnapped/locked up before she was turned? Was she turned and then was a lone wolf before coming in contact with the pack? How about the reason she was locked up/..."

The heroine is locked up because the hero haven't claim her as his mate yet. He doesn't want her to leave.
The other pack members are just listening to his orders and trying to stop her from leaving since he's higher ranked.

If I'm not wrong, she was turned during full moon, when he claimed her/mated.

message 12: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments I am sure we are thinking of the same books. I am thinking that she was turned by someone guarding her, someone lower in the pack, awoke interest hospital and the doctor was part of the pack and brought her to the pack house where the alpha knew she was his mate.

message 13: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments Wasn't her guard named Philip??? And she walked in on him and another guard getting it on?????

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Deanne wrote: "I am sure we are thinking of the same books. I am thinking that she was turned by someone guarding her, someone lower in the pack, awoke interest hospital and the doctor was part of the pack and br..."

Oh. Yes! That's right!

The person that turned her was the hero's cousin. His father used to be the alpha but then something happened. The hero's father ended up alpha.

message 15: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments Now if only we could remember the name. Lol

message 16: by PepperP0t (last edited Jun 06, 2013 01:30PM) (new)

PepperP0t  | 534 comments try wicked cravings. I think that might be what you are looking for

message 17: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda I know this book! It is Fire and Rain (Cherchez Pack, #2) by Lauren Dane Fire and Rain by Lauren Dane.

This is Book 2 and is about Laurent and Rain. Laurent accompanies his alpha into a restaurant for breakfast. Laurent sees Rain for the first time and knows instantly that she is his mate. Rain is human. There is a doctor and others that make up the pack and a hospital is involved. She is a waitress but also paints on the side, hoping to make it as an artist. It also involves the mafia, etc.

Book 1 is about the alpha who finds his mate who is human. He keeps her locked up and she can't leave. Part of it is her life is danger, the belief is that it is another wolf.

message 18: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 534 comments great hunt! these are still in the tbr, but guess what's moving up my list?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

MadameZelda wrote: "I know this book! It is Fire and Rain (Cherchez Pack, #2) by Lauren Dane Fire and Rain by Lauren Dane.

This is Book 2 and is about Laurent and Rain. Laurent accompanies his alpha into a restaurant for breakfas..."

That's the one!!! Thankyou :)

message 20: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Kenney (jennyakenney) | 38 comments I was just about to say OHH I know and suggest this book...

Pack Challenge

But obviously that wasn't it...well if anyone wants a similar read here you go.

message 21: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments Ascension is the first book by Lauren Dane!!! This was fun:).

message 22: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 534 comments all I know is this is my next read!

Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy)  | 137 comments The minute you mentioned her walking in on her two guards getting it on, I knew you were talking about Ascension!