The Hobbit, or There and Back Again The Hobbit, or There and Back Again discussion

What creature in middle-earth would you be?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 129 (129 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What middle-earth creature would you be?
Goblin
Dwarf
Wizard
Hobbit
Elf
Orc
Warg
ect. sorry if I forgot anyone
and I guess you COULD say you would be Gollum or one of his decedents.
(I would be a dwarf :) but only because I would save Fili and Kili's life and especially Thorin's)

Maria A Wizard! And travel all over Middle Earth.

PS You could also be an ent,a barrow, or a Balrog, if this includes creatures mentioned in the other books..

Mmušo Mathobela Beorn, the shape shifter

Dawn I'd go with the elves, the ones in Rivendell.

Dawn I'd go with the elves, the ones in Rivendell.

message 6: by Kyren (last edited Jun 07, 2013 03:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kyren don't suppose the riders of rohan count do they?
If not then i would be an elf. and i would kick some orc ass. seriously.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I guess they count!

Casey I would want to be a wizard or elf. Can't decide between them :P

Rishita I would be a Elf!!!!!!!!!

Bittman Ent. It seems I am the only one. Wise, thoughtful, and slow to speak, but quick to act once a decision has been reached.

Alyona Definitely elf with Aragorn(Viggo Mortensen) as my lover:D

Askelon DeMeridian Gothmog, captain of the Balrog

Arliss An elf... particularly the Queen

Giannis Maimaris Askelon wrote: "Gothmog, captain of the Balrog"

he wasnt really in middle earth i think...

Askelon DeMeridian in the simarillion

Craig Emma wrote: "What middle-earth creature would you be?
Goblin
Dwarf
Wizard
Hobbit
Elf
Orc
Warg
(I would be a d..."

I'd be Beorn, the shape-shifter who lived between the Misty Mountains and the Mirkwood. I like the idea of living harmoniously among animals and even being able to transform into one.

Giannis Maimaris Askelon wrote: "in the simarillion"

silm is a book middle-earth is a place and i think that gothmog has never been in middle earth

Michele A Wizard! No doubt! :)

Deeptanshu An elf would be my choice or best of all a elf who is an wizard!

message 20: by S. (new) - rated it 5 stars

S. I would be one of the Eagles..... kind of like the cavalry, always arriving in the nick of time.

Stephen Ent as I would not be hasty.

message 22: by Bittman (last edited Jun 09, 2013 11:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bittman Giannis wrote: "Askelon wrote: "in the simarillion"

silm is a book middle-earth is a place and i think that gothmog has never been in middle earth"

According to the Wikipedia page, The Silmarillion includes Middle Earth among other lands. The Hobbit and The LOTR Trilogy are also books and not places.

johanna A Hobbit. Of course. :)

Andrew I would most likely want to be a Hobbit. Tolkien describes their lifestyle as a comfortable one. Where they eat many times a day and are never bothered.Even though they don't go on wild adventures very often, I would enjoy the company of friends.

message 25: by Sparrowlicious (last edited Jun 10, 2013 12:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sparrowlicious Either a Hobbit or a Dwarf.
A Hobbit because ... FOOD. Not that I love eating or anything but they do seem to have a healthy understanding of what's good for you, lol.
A Dwarf is another good option because you get to be hairy without anyone daring to say anything about it. :D (Yeah, I don't shave. Problem?)And because it's perfectly okay for a dwarf not to marry because, wow, personal projects.

Caitlin M. I would have to be a hobbit. I love the nature, secluded living, books, and introversion. Sounds like a pretty perfect match to me :)

Giannis Maimaris Inexplix (Random Reader) wrote: "Giannis wrote: "Askelon wrote: "in the simarillion"

silm is a book middle-earth is a place and i think that gothmog has never been in middle earth"

According to the Wikipedia page, The Silmarilli..."

What creature in middle-earth would you be? Middle-Earth creature op says... i didnt say silm doesnt include middle-earth. i said i think gothmog has never been to meiddle-earth...

Bittman Well Gothmog is a Balrog, the same as Durin's Bane (the Balrog the Fellowship encountered in the Mines of Moria) so wouldn't it be safe to assume that this race is what the individual intended? Or maybe they were referring to the other Gothmog that was a leader in Sauron's army?

message 29: by D.M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

D.M. Cherubim Doesn't anyone want to be a princess? I think they were hidden back in there somewhere. I'll be the Princess of the Elves.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Caitlin wrote: "I would have to be a hobbit. I love the nature, secluded living, books, and introversion. Sounds like a pretty perfect match to me :)"

All perfect until twelve dwarves storm in and raid your pantry....

johanna Emma wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "I would have to be a hobbit. I love the nature, secluded living, books, and introversion. Sounds like a pretty perfect match to me :)"

All perfect until twelve dwarves storm in and..."

*laughs*

johanna Caitlin wrote: "I would have to be a hobbit. I love the nature, secluded living, books, and introversion. Sounds like a pretty perfect match to me :)"

Doesn't it, though? :D The Shire is beautiful, I'd lay down my life to live in a hobbit-hole, there's plenty of food, and time for eating ... seriously, a hobbit's life sounds like paradise.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree! Though I would personally prefer fighting orcs, goblins and dragons with dwarves!!!! But the shire also sound appealing...

Caitlin M. Emma wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "I would have to be a hobbit. I love the nature, secluded living, books, and introversion. Sounds like a pretty perfect match to me :)"

All perfect until twelve dwarves storm in and..."

Hardy har har. Good thing we're talking about fantasy arenas and not real :)

Giannis Maimaris Inexplix (Random Reader) wrote: "Well Gothmog is a Balrog, the same as Durin's Bane (the Balrog the Fellowship encountered in the Mines of Moria) so wouldn't it be safe to assume that this race is what the individual intended? Or ..."

askelon said 'Gothmog, captain of the Balrog' so he asked specifically that one. So... I looked it up and he actually was in middle-earth before middle-earth's reshape at the first age.

Patricia Herlevi Emma wrote: "What middle-earth creature would you be?
Goblin
Dwarf
Wizard
Hobbit
ElfX
Orc
Warg
(I would be a d..."

I'm fond of the elves and I have a similar temperament. They seem Finnish in nature.

Simran WIZARD :D

Karla Goodhouse Maybe an elf, because they're so mysterious and graceful. (And I'm not graceful at all, but I wish I was.)

Or one of the eagles, because I love to fly.

message 39: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate Murray I. . .I have to choose . . . ? . . . That may take a bit. . . A very, very long bit. . . Sit tight, I'll know before the end of the eon . . . maybe . . .

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Take your time! Though I already think you would be a hobbit! ;)

message 41: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate Murray Emma wrote: "Take your time! Though I already think you would be a hobbit! ;)"

Everybody says that! I've even got the right hair, and it would be the best but it'd be so much fun to be an Ent or Eagle . . . Decisions! Argh!

Wm. Scott Conway What I would want to be was a hobbit. Socialite. Agricultural. Lover of everything nature. Jocular. Extroverted. Simple.

What I would be is an ent. Stiff. Slow. Cynical. Intellectual. Analytical. Introverted.

Micaela I would want to be an elf of Mirkwood

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate wrote: "Emma wrote: "Take your time! Though I already think you would be a hobbit! ;)"

Everybody says that! I've even got the right hair, and it would be the best but it'd be so much fun to be an Ent or..."

So I was right!!! YAY!!

Treon wizard!

message 46: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill Hobbit. Calm peaceful life with food as my best friend. That sounds pretty great to me.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd most likely be an elf, but a hobbit doesn't sound bad either :)

message 48: by Jaye (last edited Jun 21, 2013 11:29AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jaye elf! they are beautiful and dignified, intelligent, they eat well, love music and peace, have sharp senses, they are definitely a higher breed of creature! ;)

Mervi I would be an elf! They are lovely beings and fascinating.

message 50: by Noah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noah Riding Emma wrote: "What middle-earth creature would you be?
Goblin
Dwarf
Wizard
Hobbit
Elf
Orc
Warg
(I would be a d..."

hmm Gollum has the whole survival thing going...lasted through 500 years and 6 books...that's the only competition against Gandalf :p

« previous 1 3