Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > really weird glitch after deleting an empty already combined edition

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments I combined 2 editions of a book and deleted the empty one so that the ratings/reviews combined.

The book is: Jumping Off Swings

The author, who has this book and another book for a total of 2 books is:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

But now this book no longer shows up on her profile page; only her other book does.

AND, she's a GR author. *gulp*

This has never happened to me before.

Does anybody have any idea what happened and how to correct it?

Thanks for any help.

message 2: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 593 comments I see both books on her author page and the combine works page. Maybe you need to refresh your browser.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments Rebecca, Good to know. I'll do that. Thanks.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44994 comments Mod
For future reference, if refreshing doesn't do it, try checking the "books by" page. It seems to have fewer caching issue than the author page. If that doesn't show it, then check the combine page. And if it's showing on one or the other of those two but still not the author page, edit and save (with no changes) the author. That forces the cache on that page to reset.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments Thanks Rivka, It was ok on all those other pages, just not on the author's profile page. I wasn't clear that the author's page would self correct though, and I don't understand why the book temporarily didn't show at all; the edition I left had been there all along so why it looked as though it disappeared was a mystery for me. It's good to know that if the other pages are ok, it means the author's page will be as well.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44994 comments Mod
The author pages have a cache. It resets about every 24 hours, or it can be forced to reset by editing the author.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments Good to know. Thanks.