Cozy Mysteries discussion

Featured Cozy Authors > Featured Author - June 2013 - Deborah Sharp

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (last edited Jun 05, 2013 05:35AM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 1576 comments Mod
It's time once again to feature one of our own (members that is, who is an author). So our featured author this month is Deborah Sharp. Her official website is: http://www.deborahsharp.com/

#1 Mama Does Time (A Mace Bauer Mystery #1) by Deborah Sharp Mama Does Time
#2 Mama Rides Shotgun (A Mace Bauer Mystery #2) by Deborah Sharp Mama Rides Shotgun
#3 Mama Gets Hitched (A Mace Bauer Mystery #3) by Deborah Sharp Mama Gets Hitched
#4 Mama Sees Stars (A Mace Bauer Mystery #4) by Deborah Sharp Mama Sees Stars
#5 Mama Gets Trashed by Deborah Sharp Mama Gets Trashed (Release date set for Sep 2013)

message 2: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 35 comments I love Deborah's books...and I'm not just saying it because I'll be a character in "Trashed".

message 3: by Barb (new)

Barb | 898 comments I read the first one and laughed almost the entire time! I have the second one here waiting for me to get to it and can't wait :)

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments I've been thinking about trying this series!

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen I just went to her website. I hope to find one of her books.

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) Hmmm.... Native Floridian writer, mystery takes place in Florida, this cracker is willing to give the first book a go. :)

Can anyone tell me whose POV the story is told from? Is it Mace?

message 7: by Barb (new)

Barb | 898 comments Yes, Jennifer, it's Mace.

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) Barb wrote: "Yes, Jennifer, it's Mace."

Thanks Barb. :) I've ordered it and hopefully I'll get it before the month ends. lol

message 9: by Beth (new)

Beth Revers | 52 comments I should have looked at this first, it could have been the blue book in the mini challenge. Timing is everything. It sounds like fun!

message 10: by Beth (new)

Beth Revers | 52 comments Well it was fun. Loved the characters,the back ground and setting. The tone was humorous without pushing it. and the mystery fast paced and well done. Definitely going to read the rest of the series. Mace was a great character, but Marty intrigues me. I hope she will continue to develop as she did in this book. Mama is a hoot.

message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen I was able to get the first one and it is pure fun. Makes me laugh. Such a cute lighthearted mystery. I hope I can find others. This one was loaned to me on the eBook lender site.

message 12: by Madonna (new)

Madonna | 2 comments I read this some time ago, and it is a hoot. Liked much about this series and have read others in the series. Looking forward to the new book.

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) I received my copy yesterday and I'm about half-way through it so far. Enjoying it quite a bit!

message 14: by Nell (last edited Jun 20, 2013 07:15AM) (new)

Nell | 1150 comments Hope others enjoy this author as much as I did. Discovered Deborah Sharp when her first book was a free Kindle e-book last year. Once I started the first one I searched for the others in this series, bought and read them immediately. My response was exactly what authors hope for when they offer the first one free.

The books are delightful! I love the characters, the relationships especially between the siblings and of course Mama. It also introduced me to a side of Florida I knew nothing about even though I grew up in a neighboring state. One of the books takes place on a cattle drive - in Florida!?

I just found Mama Sees Stars on-line. I've checked used book sites periodically looking for it. This time I got lucky. Expect to receive it next week.

message 15: by Barb (new)

Barb | 898 comments Nell wrote: "One of the books takes place on a cattle drive - in Florida!?"

Yep! According to a show I saw on The History Channel not too long ago, the first cowboys were in Florida, not Texas or any of the other states we associate with cowboys today :)

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) Barb wrote: "Nell wrote: "One of the books takes place on a cattle drive - in Florida!?"

Yep! According to a show I saw on The History Channel not too long ago, the first cowboys were in Florida, not Texas or ..."

Exactly right. The term 'Florida Cracker' actually came from the crack of a cattle whip. :)

I just finished Mama last night and I really enjoyed it - it felt a bit like a visit back to my childhood, lol. I miss the "Old Florida", so I'll be buying up the rest of the books in the series. Also - I want to read more about Mace and Carlos! :D

message 17: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Balzo (SandraBalzo) | 47 comments Deb's a friend and a really good writer--so glad to see her books featured!

I moved to Florida about five years ago from Wisconsin and as I drove down through central Florida, I was astonished to find myself in horse country! We stopped in Ocala and got the last room at the Hilton because there was a big horse auction. GREAT fun at the bar that night, hearing all about it!

message 18: by Barb (new)

Barb | 898 comments I finished Mama Rides Shotgun (A Mace Bauer Mystery #2) by Deborah Sharp , book #2 in this series, a day or two ago, and I loved it as much as I did the first one! I wanted to be on that trail ride with them :)

message 19: by Nell (new)

Nell | 1150 comments My copy of Mama Sees Stars arrived on July 1st. I'm already halfway through it. Mama Sees Stars (A Mace Bauer Mystery #4) by Deborah Sharp

message 20: by Nell (new)

Nell | 1150 comments Just finished Mama Sees Stars. Really enjoyed it.

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) Barb wrote: "I finished Mama Rides Shotgun (A Mace Bauer Mystery #2) by Deborah Sharp, book #2 in this series, a day or two ago, and I loved it as much as I did the first one! I wanted to be on that trail ride with them :)"

I'm in agreement with you completely - an excellent read!