Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Collected Stories
This topic is about Collected Stories
Book Issues > Two Separate Books, Not A Second Edition

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by leslie (new) - added it

leslie nikole (leslienikole) | 5 comments Hi everyone!

Recently I bought "Collected Stories" (ISBN 9780060932688) and "Collected Novellas" (ISBN 978006093266), both by Gabriel García Márquez. However when I went to log them into my GoodReads, I found that they're listed as the same book, just different editions. This isn't the case however, there are only three stories in "Collected Novellas" and many more in "Collected Stories". None of these stories overlap in the books.

Would it be possible for this to be changed, for them to become two separate books? I hope I've left this in the right place....

Thanks in advance :)

message 2: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments I separated out the English editions of "Collected Novellas" and put a note that it is not the same as "Collected Stories" so it should not be combined again.

At a brief glance, I think the non-English editions are okay as they are, but if someone with more experience in Arabic, Spanish and/or Dutch wants to look at them, feel free.

message 3: by leslie (new) - added it

leslie nikole (leslienikole) | 5 comments Thank you so much!

message 4: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20165 comments Sorting the Dutch editions.
"Alle verhalen" contains even more stories than "collected stories" (includes Strange Pilgrims /Doce cuentos peregrinos). I will separate these and add a librarian note.

message 5: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20165 comments Did find 2 other Dutch editions called "De verhalen" (the stories) which do have the same content as "Collected stories".
They were not combined, so i combined these with "collected stories".