Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

School's Out—Forever (Maximum Ride, #2)
This topic is about School's Out—Forever
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > School's Out---Forever, by James Patterson → Start Date June 22, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 112 (112 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Please feel free to join Kathy, Becky, Ally and me in reading the 2nd book in the Maximum Ride series. We just finished book 1 and are all eager to start book 2.

*Note: the date might change if Becky's book does not arrive at her library on time.

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay!! Can't wait!! :)

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments YESSSS.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments My book is in!!!!! :-) so we're good to go for the 22nd!!! :-)

Kathy | 7950 comments yay!!!! I'm so excited and I can't wait to find out what happens next!!! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I KNEW it would come on time. YAY!!!! I am SO into this series!!! I can hardly wait!!!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee too! whoot!

Kathy | 7950 comments My copy came in today!! We were checking everything in and my co-worker asked me if I cancelled my hold on it and I said no. Then she said "It's saying that it was supposed to go somewhere else." I told her it's not leaving the building!! I guess there was some mix up on the holds cause there was 2 with my name on them!! I just had to share that with you guys!! lol :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Good save Kathy!!! Lol

Kathy | 7950 comments Vicki wrote: "Good save Kathy!!! Lol"

I know right!! I wasn't letting it go! lol :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I can't even tell you how excited I am to start this one!

Kathy | 7950 comments I know me too!! Oh!! I want to know!! What happens!! lol :D

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Kathy wrote: "My copy came in today!! We were checking everything in and my co-worker asked me if I cancelled my hold on it and I said no. Then she said "It's saying that it was supposed to go somewhere else." I..."

Good thing you work there!!!!! :-)

Kathy | 7950 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Kathy wrote: "My copy came in today!! We were checking everything in and my co-worker asked me if I cancelled my hold on it and I said no. Then she said "It's saying that it was supposed to go some..."

I know! And I was there the day it came in! But there was another copy for me so it's all good! lol :)

message 15: by Sami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sami | 889 comments :D I've just put this on reserve, hopefully it comes in a week so I can read it with you guys.

I'm assuming, since you're reading the second one, that The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson was good? I'm starting that today :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Yuppers! It was great. Enjoy it! Feel free to go back to our BR link in the archives and check it out and comment if you want! :-)

message 17: by Sami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sami | 889 comments :D Thanks for pointing it out! I shall check it out as I'm reading it

Kathy | 7950 comments Yes!!!! Sami!! I would love to discuss The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson with you!!! I hope you like it and can get the 2nd book so you can join us!! I can't wait! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sami, each of us that read book 1 in this group loved it and committed to buddy read book 2. Of course everyone has different taste in books, but I'm pretty sure you'll love it as well.

message 20: by Sami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sami | 889 comments :D I do hope I love it as much as you guys!! Thanks Kathy, I'll add my own comments into that thread as I'm reading the book then!! :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay!! I'll look for them! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sami wrote: ":D I do hope I love it as much as you guys!! Thanks Kathy, I'll add my own comments into that thread as I'm reading the book then!! :)"

I'll look at your comments too. :o)

message 23: by Sami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sami | 889 comments Awesome :D I've only read a couple pages so far but it looks good!

message 24: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments I'll join in as you read as well, Sami! :) Have fun reading it!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sami, it IS!!! Lol

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm so ready for next Saturday. I'm dying to see where it all goes!

message 27: by Sami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sami | 889 comments Yes, it was totally awesome! Can't wait.

But Ally I totally agree with your review on it, they could have at least answered some plot points!

message 28: by Vicki (last edited Jun 18, 2013 08:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Only FOUR more days until this buddy read!!! I am so excited to get back to this series!

I was laughing because at the end of this book (#2) it says, "Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports...the closing chapter of James Patterson's thrilling trilogy." Then WHY are there EIGHT books? LOL

Did the fans scream for more? Did Patterson miss the gang?

There are 142 chapters so if we only read 5 a day, it'll take us 28 days to read it.

My suggested schedule:

June 22: Part 1 (in my NOOK takes us to page 59)
June 23: Part 2 through chapter 50 (in my NOOK takes us to page 120)
June 24: The rest of Part 2 and Part 3 through ch. 73 (pg.172 in my NOOK)
June 25: Part 4 (in NOOK pg. 227)
June 26: Part 5 through ch. 116 (NOOK pg. 280)
June 27: The rest of Part 5

That is a 6 day read if we do it like that. What do you girls think? Or any other preferences? Of course, you are always free to read ahead but simply post with spoilers, as we should always do anyway.

Kathy | 7950 comments I think that looks great and it will give me time to finish other buddy reads too! Thanks Vicki for working that out! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kathy wrote: "I think that looks great and it will give me time to finish other buddy reads too! Thanks Vicki for working that out! :)"

No problem, Kathy. I also have other buddy reads to finish. Problem is when I read Maximum Ride book 1 I didn't want to put it down, BUT it was/is a good pace for those of us who read slower and/or have TOO many buddy reads because we just can't say no! LOL

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm totally fine with whatever you all decide. :-) Last time I think we did 10 or 20 chapters at a time b/c some of them are only 1 or 2 pages, lol.

I think that sounds good. Let me know if you change it!

message 32: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments This was supposed to be a trilogy? LOL something tells me that he was so successful that he wanted a little more $$.

Though I was in the minority and DIDN'T complain, this reminds me of the Mortal Instruments trilogy. Everyone thought that books 4-6 don't belong. I wonder if this is the same and it will be conspicuous.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I really hope not!!!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh, and with the above reading schedule it is mostly between 50-60 pages a day. If that's not enough, speak now or forever hold your piece (or is that peace?)! Lol

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Vicki wrote: "Oh, and with the above reading schedule it is mostly between 50-60 pages a day. If that's not enough, speak now or forever hold your piece (or is that peace?)! Lol"

Seriously I'm good with that. Less pressure! :-)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, I'm good too then. :)

Kathy | 7950 comments I didn't know it was supposed to be a trilogy! 50-60 pages sounds good to me! I have said my peace! *holds up peace sign* :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I just read in the back of the book that it was supposed to "probably" end there (book 3) but if the fans wanted more to go vote at a certain website. Pretty cool, huh?

Can you imagine being an author like James Patterson and just whip out books that people love like that? Amazing talent!!

Kathy | 7950 comments I have to share this with you guys! You're gonna laugh!

My 15 year old son just finished The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson and so we were discussing Ari, Jeb and the Voice and all ending and everything! So he said he wanted to read School's Out and I told him he couldn't cause I was starting it tomorrow and he told me in a very silly whinny voice that he didn't care! He really wants to read the next book! lol :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kathy wrote: "I have to share this with you guys! You're gonna laugh!

My 15 year old son just finished The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson and so we were discussing Ari, Jeb and the Voice and all ending and..."

That is just the most awesome thing to hear! Very, very cool!!! So can't you get another book from the library and let him join? LOL

Kathy | 7950 comments I'm not sure he would want to, he's not on GR that much. I have to pretty much twist his arm to update his TBR list! lol

But I'll ask him if he wants to join in, I could probably find an a copy at a branch close or an ebook. We'll see. :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kathy wrote: "I'm not sure he would want to, he's not on GR that much. I have to pretty much twist his arm to update his TBR list! lol

But I'll ask him if he wants to join in, I could probably find an a copy at..."

LOL He might not enjoy being with all of us women.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sabrina, hopefully our experience will be different, but I wouldn't be surprised that some of the books will be better than others. My personal goal is to get to book 8 and I'm at least glad that one is a good one based on your opinion. :o)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Vicki wrote: "Sabrina, hopefully our experience will be different, but I wouldn't be surprised that some of the books will be better than others. My personal goal is to get to book 8 and I'm at least glad that o..."

We'll make it Vicki! Cuz I want to do it too! :-)

message 45: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments Honestly, Sabrina, I'm not surprised. I've heard a lot about James Patterson using ghost writers, so if he isn't involved as much in the middle books I could see how they could get muddled and unfocused. I'm going to read them nonetheless, but thanks for the heads up!

Also, loving the way you spaced this out, Vicki!

Kathy | 7950 comments Yes! Me too!! Oh and I asked my son if he wanted to join our discussion and he said no. lol! :(

message 47: by Sami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sami | 889 comments Ooh thanks Sabrina for the warning! Can't wait to start this this evening

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok. I'm just a few pages in, but already - SHOCKER! I'm following Vicki's proposed reading schedule and in my physical book that is to page 63, then end of Part 1.

:-)

Will be leaving soon for a place here called SkyZone - a huge trampoline facility. That's where my dd wanted her bday gather, lol. I'll have a book with me for sure, my knees can't take a trampoline!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Ok. I'm just a few pages in, but already - SHOCKER! I'm following Vicki's proposed reading schedule and in my physical book that is to page 63, then end of Part 1.

:-)

Will be leaving soon for a..."

I also read the SHOCKER I think you are referring to: (view spoiler) Right? LOL

Do you think that (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Ally wrote: "Honestly, Sabrina, I'm not surprised. I've heard a lot about James Patterson using ghost writers, so if he isn't involved as much in the middle books I could see how they could get muddled and unfo..."

Thanks, Ally. It seemed to work last time, so hopefully it will work well for us this time, too. :o)

« previous 1 3