The Sword and Laser discussion

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
This topic is about The Name of the Wind
The Kingkiller Chronicles > Name of Wind Playing Cards

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6927 comments Mod
So this may be old news for the die hard Patrick Rothfuss fans, but there is apparently a Kickstarter to create playing cards (and poker chips, and various other goodies) based on The Name of the Wind.

I only just found out about it today because apparently Jim Butcher has offered to model as Ambrose as one of the stretch goals.

Seems pretty cool to me.

message 2: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky Corbelli | 352 comments I believe that I got the last "2 decks for $20" limited reward level. I hate to see reward tiers with (1 of X remaining).

Dustin (tillos) | 365 comments Ah, butter biscuits! I want one and I don't even know why.

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments Thanks for sharing this Rob. I just backed my very first Kickstarter project. A confluence of my love for Poker and Fantasy books just pushed me over the edge to finally back a project.

message 5: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Micah wrote: "Thanks for sharing this Rob. I just backed my very first Kickstarter project. A confluence of my love for Poker and Fantasy books just pushed me over the edge to finally back a project."

Haha. Happy to oblige. Did you go all out for a full set of chips? I ended getting "all the things" but my regular poker chips have been collecting dust to justify more than the sampler.

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments Rob wrote: "Haha. Happy to oblige. Did you go all out for a full set of chips? I ended getting "all the things" but my regular poker chips have been collecting dust to justify more than the sampler. "

Didn't go that high. I went with the 2 decks option. $21 and over I guess. As cool as the chips would be I couldn't justify that yet. Gotta go slow with this kickstarter thing.

message 7: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yeah. I've backed way too much. Lol.

Casey | 654 comments Thanks for posting this.
I was late to the party but still was able to participate.
My very first kickstarter.

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments Casey wrote: "Thanks for posting this.
I was late to the party but still was able to participate.
My very first kickstarter."

*internet high-five* for backing our very first Kickstarter!!!

Casey | 654 comments Micah wrote: "*internet high-five* for backing our very first Kickstarter!!!"

Right on man!
I almost feel like going all Top Gun and saying, "I feel the need. The need for speed!"

Right now the pledge is up to $359,697.00

I wonder if Veronica and Tom might do a Kickstarter for a special edition of the anthology or something? See, now that I've done my first Kickstarter I can't get enough...

Kevin | 701 comments Been following this from the start. It is funny, this KS was chugging along nicely for weeks then monday last week Pat posted it up on his blog, and the KS exploded. Doubling, then tripling its amount of money and backers in days.

In the comment section the artist has said that the success all but guaranteed that there will be another KS for a Wise Man's Fear card deck too.

Be warned: Kickstarter is addictive. Since my first Kickstarter last October I have spent way to much money on that site (mostly on revivals of old school pc games)

I'm glad/sad that they don't ship the boxed pokersets internationally or I might've been tempted to spend $550 on the 300 chip set. I don't even play poker that often ... Went with the sampler collector set instead.

Casey | 654 comments I have this irrational urge to buy up all the available prints but then I would have to get a bigger house with more wall space to display them.

This Kickstarter thing is like gambling... except you always win. Damn you Kickstarter, damn your seductive powers!

Kevin | 701 comments This Kickstarter is going into it's final hour!

They destroyed the last goal of $500k and are well on their way to $600k. They might even make it.

That 500k goal is one of coolest things I've ever seen on Kickstarter. The guys from Albino Dragon just donated 10% of their company to Patrick's World Builders organisation.