YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Faking It (Losing It, #2)
This topic is about Faking It
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Faking It (Losing It, #2) by Carmack, Cora - Restarting July 25th 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82080 comments Mod
Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.

Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he’s kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they’re forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel.

Everyone welcome ☺

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Yay, I'm in!!!

Jonababez | 2458 comments Yay! Thanks Sarah!

I'm soooo excited to read this! I've been waiting for Cade's story for such a long time! And he really looks hot in the cover! *drools*

Jonababez | 2458 comments Though I prefer the guy in the cover of Losing it. Haha!

message 5: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Jun 04, 2013 08:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Have you seen how many different covers there are all with different guys on them for Losing It (Losing It, #1) by Cora Carmack ? I don't know why they changed it, but there are like 3 different guys between the different editions. I liked the first guy!
Losing It (Losing It, #1) by Cora Carmack Losing It (Losing It, #1) by Cora Carmack Losing It (Losing It, #1) by Cora Carmack

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments I know! I've seen the other covers too. I like this one best: Losing It (Losing It, #1) by Cora Carmack

Jonababez | 2458 comments Sarah wrote: "Have you seen how many different covers there are all with different guys on them for Losing It (Losing It, #1) by Cora Carmack? I don't know why they changed it, but there are like 3 different guys between t..."

Yes, I've seen that too. But I like the blonde one. Haha

Jonababez | 2458 comments We like the same guy Sarah! Lol!

Starting now ☺

8% (view spoiler)

9% (view spoiler)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments OMG, this is so good! I want to take Cade home just after reading the first 3 chapters! hahahaha

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Sarah wrote: "8% [spoilers removed]"

Hahahaha! Love Cade's improvisations.

It is so funny! @36% (view spoiler)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments What do you guys think happened to Alex?

don't know. I was thinking car accident but i don't think so now. i think max might have been with her when it happened though.

40% (view spoiler)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Novel wrote: "OMG, this is so good! I want to take Cade home just after reading the first 3 chapters! hahahaha"

I'm enjoying it too! I love love love Cade, he's so smart and funny and such a perfect boyfriend! I want to take him home too! Wanna share? Lol!

Jonababez | 2458 comments Novel wrote: "What do you guys think happened to Alex?"

Wait, i'm not on that part yet. Haha

Cade really is so sweet and funny! I love him too ☺

message 21: by Novel (last edited Jun 05, 2013 07:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Jona wrote: "Novel wrote: "OMG, this is so good! I want to take Cade home just after reading the first 3 chapters! hahahaha"

I'm enjoying it too! I love love love Cade, he's so smart and funny and such a perfe..."

Noooooooo! I thought you liked Garrick better?!?

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Sarah wrote: "don't know. I was thinking car accident but i don't think so now. i think max might have been with her when it happened though."

I think so too. When she panicked outside the bar, it felt like she saw what happened to Alex.

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Jona wrote: "Novel wrote: "What do you guys think happened to Alex?"

Wait, i'm not on that part yet. Haha"

ooops! sorry. =p

Jonababez | 2458 comments Novel wrote: "Jona wrote: "Novel wrote: "OMG, this is so good! I want to take Cade home just after reading the first 3 chapters! hahahaha"

I'm enjoying it too! I love love love Cade, he's so smart and funny and..."

What? I said that?? Can't remember! Haha!

50% love max's song!

Jonababez | 2458 comments Novel wrote: "Jona wrote: "Novel wrote: "What do you guys think happened to Alex?"

Wait, i'm not on that part yet. Haha"

ooops! sorry. =p"

I'm just on chapter 8! Who's Alex?

Jonababez | 2458 comments Sarah wrote: "50% love max's song!"

Wahhh, wait for me! Hahaha!

Alex is Max's dead sister.

Jonababez | 2458 comments “My twenty-four-hour, pretend-we-met-in-a-library, mom-hugging, golden-boy-boyfriend.”

*drools a lot*

Hahaha!

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Sarah wrote: "50% love max's song!"

i'm not there yet! waaah!

think i'll take a break after this chapter and let you guys catch up ☺

54% (view spoiler)

oh poo! the end of this chapter is a bit of a cliff-hanger!

Jonababez | 2458 comments Sarah wrote: "Alex is Max's dead sister."

Ohhh, yeah, I just remembered! She was already mentioned in the first few chapters. I forgot about her. Haha!

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Okay, I finally got to the singing part...and OMG, I think I just melted a little. I <3 Cade!

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Sarah wrote: "oh poo! the end of this chapter is a bit of a cliff-hanger!"

go ahead, read another chapter. =)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Omg, he sings!!!!

Sh**, I'm going to faint!

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Jona wrote: "Omg, he sings!!!!

Sh**, I'm going to faint!"

LOL

Jonababez | 2458 comments Sarah wrote: "oh poo! the end of this chapter is a bit of a cliff-hanger!"

Ugh! You're right, that was a cliffhanger!

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Cade: I was doomed to always be attracted to the girls I couldn’t have.

aww!!!

Novel wrote: "Cade: I was doomed to always be attracted to the girls I couldn’t have.

aww!!!"

That is sad!

message 42: by Jonababez (last edited Jun 05, 2013 09:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jonababez | 2458 comments Novel wrote: "Cade: I was doomed to always be attracted to the girls I couldn’t have.

aww!!!"

I highlighted that one!

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments waaah, Max should have dumped Mace already! He always interrupts their "moments".

Jonababez | 2458 comments Novel wrote: "waaah, Max should have dumped Mace already! He always interrupts their "moments"."

Ohhh, I'm already done with that part! Haha!

Jonababez | 2458 comments Oh my, I want more from Cade!

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments "All I knew was that I was pretty damn tired of having my heart handed to me in a blender."

Poor Cade!*hugs*

60% I just want Mace to go away!

65% wow that was steamy!

68% it's so sad now!

Just finished. it was really good!

« previous 1 3