The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Sea of Monsters discussion

Who likes the "new" percy in this movie rather than the other one??

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Ritika I think hes =P

Rachel Jackson What do you mean "new" percy?

Sara "New" Percy???

☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ Do you mean the haircut? I liked the old haircut better.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"New" Percy? Is he shiny and fresh off of the conveyor belt?

notyourfriend Mme. Catherine, où sont les ananas? wrote: ""New" Percy? Is he shiny and fresh off of the conveyor belt?"

Lol!

notyourfriend If you mean haircut, then I like his new haircut, but I also liked the other one...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Paigetwo wrote: "If you mean haircut, then I like his new haircut, but I also liked the other one..."

You mean his clone?

notyourfriend What clone?

Gabby What do you mean new Percy? I can already tell you that I'll happily take either;p

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Percy isn't supposed to have short hair, so I think I like the old Percy better.

Ashley New? He's the same actor so...not really new. And I like his old haircut better

Aldrin Limosnero i think a short hair gives percy a mature apperance, i prefer his long hair, giving him some young spirited demigod aura.

notyourfriend Emma wrote: "Percy isn't supposed to have short hair, so I think I like the old Percy better."

Yea, but if you want to get technical, he is supposed to have black hair and green eyes.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the longer hair a lot better.

Gabby it is the SAME percy!!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah when I saw the "new' Percy thing I was like "OMGS did they replace Logan?".
But we're just talking 'bout his new 'do.

message 18: by Gabby (last edited Jun 05, 2013 09:48PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Gabby Did the person who started this discussion confirm that was what they meant?

message 19: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara I just saw his haircut I don't like it. He better not have hair like that in the movie.

notyourfriend Gabby wrote: "Did the person who started this discussion confirm that was what they meant?"

No, they haven't been back at all!

notyourfriend Sara wrote: "I just saw his haircut I don't like it. He better not have hair like that in the movie."

He does, didn't you see the trailer?

Gabby Paigetwo wrote: "Gabby wrote: "Did the person who started this discussion confirm that was what they meant?"

No, they haven't been back at all!"

That's what i'm saying; I think they're messing with our heads.

message 23: by Lani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lani You all know what she means by new, don't freak out and get all overdramatic.

Gabby Anaya wrote: "You all know what she means by new, don't freak out and get all overdramatic."

Well she hasn't confirmed it.

❍◦●○❍Brooklyn ❍○●◦❍ If you mean his new hair cut then I think its awful. I loved his old hair way better.

Emily Warren Alright people, first of all, I'm as mad as the next percy fan about the new movie, but also excited. But if we are gonna go on about Percy's haircut, you should know thats from a great book/movie "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"

message 28: by Jazz (last edited Jul 11, 2013 12:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jazz Sandra wrote: "it seems like they still didn't stick to the book, or if they change anything it was for their own convenience and not for creativity.

they fixed one thing because we complained about it and then they changed other things as if determined to ruin it for us :/
"

Yep, that's pretty much what they do nowadays with the books we come to love. Honestly, I was laughing throughout the whole first movie as if it was supposed to be a comedy.

The main and perhaps the only thing I thought they did right was choosing Logan Lerman to play as Percy Jackson. I hate to say this but when I saw Grover, that was more upsetting to me than the movie or the fact that they didn't follow the book to some greater extent. I'm not hating, but I just didn't see Grover like that.

In regards to the new Percy (hairstyle, I mean), I do like how he looks now but yeah, like I said I could skip over a few hairstyle choices if they only keep to the story.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Mmmm, I'm a fan of the longer hair, plus he's just getting older as the movies go on...

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood but they should of leept the long hair on him . he just looks worng with short hair.

Emily Warren Logan Lerman was called suddenly about the second movie though. By then, he had already cut his hair and Perks of Being a Wallflower was already out. Personally, I liked percy's old haircut too, but they were trying to make perks a good movie... I think it'll all be good.... As for Jas: I think the three actors/actresses were ok, except for annabeth's hair.... that was just bad!!!!

UM, kinda off subject, I've heard two different dates??? what day is it??

message 32: by Jazz (last edited Jul 12, 2013 03:07AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jazz Emily wrote: "Logan Lerman was called suddenly about the second movie though. By then, he had already cut his hair and Perks of Being a Wallflower was already out. Personally, I liked percy's old haircut too, bu..."

August 7 is what I keep seeing.

In regards to the actors/actresses, that's why I still feel inclined to watch the 2nd. movie because just maybe it was a matter of the director and others (not to put all the blame on the director) not taking the time to cover the important parts of the story. I also know that it may be because of age. I mean, it seems as the younger you are, the more happy you are that they actually made a movie for the book you read.

message 33: by ❍◦●○❍Brooklyn ❍○●◦❍ (last edited Jul 12, 2013 09:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

❍◦●○❍Brooklyn ❍○●◦❍ Jas wrote: "Sandra wrote: "it seems like they still didn't stick to the book, or if they change anything it was for their own convenience and not for creativity.

they fixed one thing because we complained abo..."

I agree with you on the comedy thing. I laughed my head off! If only they stuck with the book better then the movie would be almost perfect. Oh and about Grover, in the book he seems like a wimp. (no offence to Grover, I mean I like him in the books. He's kind of funny.) While in the movie he's strong, brave, and bold. I wish they hadn't made him like that. When I saw him I was all like /)_- slap to the face.

Gayathri I don't like Grover in the movie. I pictured him as a pale, nervous person who loves nature. In the movie he looks as if 'destroy nature, cut down trees!!'
I do not like Percy's haircut.
Annabeth's hair at last became blonde. I like that!
I don't think the director has read the book! The movie is so different.
Waiting for the movie to release though! :))

Kenna Gayathri said, "I don't like Grover in the movie. I pictured him as a pale, nervous person who loves nature. In the movie he looks as if 'destroy nature, cut down trees!!......Annabeth's hair at last became blonde. I like that!"

I agree with Gayathri with the actor playing Grover. I also think the new movie coming out looks better than the first, because they are trying to stick to the book more, with for example Annabeth's hair (I again agree with Gayathri, thank goodness it's blonde). Also I don't like Percy's new haircut, but it will probably grow on me.

Kenna Even if you hadn't read the books, the first Percy Jackson movie was overall, just a bad movie. But I see hope in the future with this new movie. I think it will be better.

Rangin lolz! what do you mean new percy. they are the same actors soooo.........but same as everyone else i liked the old hair cut better.

message 38: by E.j. (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.j. Just stare deeply into those sky blue eyes of his. Trust me, you won't even notice the hair.

message 40: by E.j. (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.j. I know! He has those "make you melt" eyes that make all of his other flaws disappear.

Brittany The movie is coming out AUGUST 7th. I just saw the trailer on TV. At least it is here in the United States.

Bipasha deleted user wrote: ""New" Percy? Is he shiny and fresh off of the conveyor belt?"

lol!

message 43: by Mia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mia R What do you mean by "New Percy"? Are you talking about the difference in the movie character and the book character?

Sarah Mia wrote: "What do you mean by "New Percy"? Are you talking about the difference in the movie character and the book character?"

IDK

Stephanie to me this percy is ok, i just wish his hair was longer instead of shorter

message 46: by Lani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lani Gabby wrote: "Anaya wrote: "You all know what she means by new, don't freak out and get all overdramatic."

Well she hasn't confirmed it."

Well maybe she hasn't confirmed because she got all upset over all of the negative comments.

Bipasha new Percy... i just saw the trailer and if u mean the absurd and badly executed haircut which does not AT ALL suit logan lerman then, ...... i DONT like the new percy! long hair suits him so much better!!!

notyourfriend I like the shorter hair, but technically Percy is supposed to have hair a little longer than in this new movie....

Matilda Rose I don't understand how a whole series pretty much based around a prophecy when the main character turns sixteen is going to work when in the first movie he is already that old. I just don't see. It'd be like making Harry start first year at seventeen... Uhm.

❍◦●○❍Brooklyn ❍○●◦❍ Well (view spoiler) <--- Open at your own risk, may ruin the second movie if opened.

« previous 1