Obsession Obsession discussion

Has anyone else finished this book? I need to rave about it!

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tasha Tell me!! What are your thoughts about this book? Someone please read my review and tell me if you feel the same!

(Also, if you feel differently, I'd like to hear about it too!)

Yudy I loved it! I want more of these guys and only hope that we get to see more of them in Origin.

Tasha Same here! I can't wait to read Origin.

Michelle B LOVED Obsession! Loved the characters. It was very nice to see things from the Arum POV. I want to read more! and I definitely want our favorite characters from both sides to interact more, and maybe work together since it seems their paths seem to be heading the same direction.

I can't wait to read Origin!

message 5: by Wynter (last edited Jun 04, 2013 06:11AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wynter Rose It was great but I didn't love Hunter's character as much as I love Daemon's character. But that may be because there have been more books with Daemon in them so I've gotten to know him better. That being said it was still a great novel but that's expected from Jennifer Armentrout ;) I really hope we see more of these characters in Origin.

Tasha I agree! It was very interesting to see things from Arum point of view. We've been trained to see them as the bad guys until this novel. Now we're able to make up our own minds on who's worse...

I still vote that the Daedalus are eviler than all three races...lol :-P

Terri Obsession was so good!! No way did I think I'd come out an Arum sympathizer! Brilliant move by J.A. and the perfect build-up to Origin.

Auhmanduh I really enjoyed it. I didn't LOVE it but it was great to see things from the Arum POV. never mind the fact that Hunter was swoon worthy :) :).

Seeing the Daemon cameo had me excited and jonesing for the darned Origin book though.. I swear it's torture. There were so many little hints in this book it drove me crazy.

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Amanda wrote: "I really enjoyed it. I didn't LOVE it but it was great to see things from the Arum POV. never mind the fact that Hunter was swoon worthy :) :).

Seeing the Daemon cameo had me excited and jonesing ..."

Ugh, I know! It broke my heart all over again when he was visiting Luc..too bad he didn't even get a line. Or did he? I forget. Regardless, this was my favorite part of the book :)

message 10: by Tasha (last edited Jun 05, 2013 11:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tasha Same here! When Serena was describing the "Luxen" that was talking to Luc, I almost screamed because I just KNEW it had to be Daemon!!

It made me wonder though, if Daemon is the only one trying to get information from Luc, wheres everyone else? Dee, Dawson...

Please don't tell me something bad has happened to Dee!!!!! lol

Debra Elsner I loved the book; it was amazing. It totally changed the chessboard of the war between the Luxen and Arum. Not to mention the Arum POV was great.

Rachel Loved it!!!

Tasha Debra wrote: "I loved the book; it was amazing. It totally changed the chessboard of the war between the Luxen and Arum. Not to mention the Arum POV was great."

Right?! Who would've thought we'd be sympathizing with the Arum.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Love it.....then again I have not been disappointed with anything from Jennifer Armentrout.

Debra Elsner I love her books; I have read them all.

Caitlin Loved it! I never thought I would like the Arum but meeting Hunter and hearing his story totally changed my mind. I really really hope we get to see more of him and Serena in future books! JA's writing is sooo good.

message 17: by Dana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana Bailey I loved this book! I would 10 star it if I could. Sexy, funny and Hunter gives me more insight on the Arum and the Luxen's. But I have a question. Why can a human not become pregnant by either? Their DNA's have been mutated with humans, so why????

Tarra I loved this book as well. I found myself viewing the Arum in a different light. Hunter is all kinds of sexy. Hunter and Daemon share some similarities (sexy, snarky,smart,loyal etc) and I found myself saying that if Daemon had not fallen in love with Katy he would be just like Hunter as an adult...aloof and isolated. It would be all kinds of wonderful to see them interact and possibly help each other in Origin. I'm curious about Hunter's siblings Lore and Sin. It would be awesome to get the backstory of Dex and Eliza as he is apparently an Arum and she is human.

message 19: by Deb (new) - rated it 4 stars

Deb The Adventurous Bookworm I loved this book!
I can't wait for the next one

message 20: by Dana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana Bailey Do y'all think that Hunter and Daemon will cross paths? I do because: Serena tells Hunter about the Kids being held in PA. I think that may be where Katy is being held. Just a thought but think about the time frame the book sets place in. Also there has to be a reason to introduce Hunter and he falls in love with a Human...Just IMO

April Dana, I think they have already crossed paths. Luc is the hybrid who helped Daemon break into Daedalus. So I think Daemon is who Hunter perceived as a threat while he was getting his opal from Luc. Serena described him as: "his face...wow, there really were no words..." and his eyes were an extraordinary green color. Then the bouncer said the boy had bigger problems, such as the government taking his girl.

That being said, I hope they will cross paths again, they would be unbeatable together....not that Hunter needs any help!

Caitlin Dana wrote: "Do y'all think that Hunter and Daemon will cross paths? I do because: Serena tells Hunter about the Kids being held in PA. I think that may be where Katy is being held. Just a thought but think abo..."

I really really hope so! Hunter and Daemon working together or just being in a book together would be amazing. And I feel like Hunter and Serena's story really isn't over yet so it wouldn't be out of the question.

message 23: by Dana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana Bailey April wrote: "Dana, I think they have already crossed paths. Luc is the hybrid who helped Daemon break into Daedalus. So I think Daemon is who Hunter perceived as a threat while he was getting his opal from Lu..."

Yes so true, I forgot about that. Can't wait until Origin!

April Dana wrote: "April wrote: "Dana, I think they have already crossed paths. Luc is the hybrid who helped Daemon break into Daedalus. So I think Daemon is who Hunter perceived as a threat while he was getting hi..."

Me either. This was such a special treat for all of the Lux series fans!

Tasha April wrote: "Dana, I think they have already crossed paths. Luc is the hybrid who helped Daemon break into Daedalus. So I think Daemon is who Hunter perceived as a threat while he was getting his opal from Lu..."

Very true. They crossed paths very briefly. I wish they would've interacted a little longer, but hey, at least we got to see Daemon for a little while!

Janice If you go To Jennifer's Blog ou can read Daemons POV on the brief encounter at the Bar! Loved Obsession!

Tasha Janice wrote: "If you go To Jennifer's Blog ou can read Daemons POV on the brief encounter at the Bar! Loved Obsession!"

How interesting! Do you happen to have a link to that, Janice? I'd like to read it :)

Janice Yes here's the link www.jenniferarmentrout.com/ Enjoy!!!

Tasha Thank you, Janice!

Janice You are Very Welcome!! Enjoy

supernova well yes this book is one of the best paranormal books I have ever read.The book was enchanting from page one to last.And who ever read it has to fall for hunter,it is impossible to resist him.The story line was captivating
and was worth reading in one go.

message 32: by Yvy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yvy I'm confused about whether the Luxon or the arum started the war.

Janice Yvy the way I understood Jennifer l Armentrout to explain it that will inter act in the next two Lux books that come out. Yes that was the tail from the Arum POV

Keeley I think the lux started the war and the new generation believed the lie and in the end they will stand with the humans and arum to defend the world against the older lux :) the last book is so far away, it's killing me here :/

Tasha I know, Opposition isn't coming out for some time now. At least we got a cover now, though :)

Opposition (Lux, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Keeley But I don't like the cover :( don't get me wrong, it's still got the mighty fine ass man on the front but I prefer the older covers. All dark and mysterious. These new covers she's gone for make it look more "X files," If you know what I mean haha

I don't know, it makes the book look more like a normal alien book and these books are so far from your everyday alien book, that's what makes them so fantastic and stand out from all the rest. I think it's just going to ruin the look of my bookshelf lol.

message 37: by Keeley (last edited May 15, 2014 03:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Keeley It would be like the fourth twilight book been green. The other three books on my self all matching in black and then a green one on the end!!!

Tasha Yeah, I know what you mean! I bought this series on my Kindle, so I don't have to worry about it too much, but I definitely think the cover theme should've matched the other books in the series.

Same think happened to me in the Gods & Monsters trilogy. This is how my bookshelf looks -> -> ->
Darkness Becomes Her (Gods & Monsters #1) by Kelly Keaton
The Wicked Within (Gods & Monsters, #3) by Kelly Keaton
A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters, #2) by Kelly Keaton

All because someone in charge decided to change the theme of the covers after book 1! WTF?!?!?! LOL And again it happened with the Immortal Beloved series:

Immortal Beloved (Immortal Beloved, #1) by Cate Tiernan
Darkness Falls (Immortal Beloved, #2) by Cate Tiernan
Eternally Yours (Immortal Beloved, #3) by Cate Tiernan

My shelf looks dumb because the theme changed after the first book again!!

Sigh...well, I guess we can't complain too much. At least it's the content of the book that matters most, right? And I can't wait to see how Opposition ends :-)

Keeley Oh ye, it's defiantly what's on the inside that counts but it still bugs me like hell lol

it's like havering a really nice boyfriend who's lovely and romantic. Will do anything for you and showers you with love... But then he's but fricking ugly haha the beauty of the inside fade after a while and your left looking at a car reck for the rest of your days haha

Think I'll just got the final book from kindle haha

Jacqueline Buan I hope she makes a sequel to this. I know Serena and Hunter will appear in Opposition but still, I want a sequel.

I get how the Arum can be all nice and all, but I still don't get why they sided with the DOD. What is it about the Luxen that they hate so much?

(sorry I was too enthralled by the love story to focus on anything else at the time)