The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Rory Book Discussions > The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, the leader of literature (new)

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie | 15 comments When I got to thinking about it, I realized it has been close to 17 yrs since the last time I read this. Reading it again now so I know what to comment on it.

message 3: by Britta (new)

Britta (macdeath) | 6 comments Just recently read it for my own Rory challenge. Glad I finally got around to it, I really liked it :)

message 4: by Nikoline (new)

Nikoline (annenikoline) Britta wrote: "Just recently read it for my own Rory challenge. Glad I finally got around to it, I really liked it :)"
I'm glad to hear hat you enjoyed it, Britta! It's such a lovely and entertaining story. What did you like most about the novel?

message 5: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (lostinwonders) | 2 comments I am just reading it for my own Reading Like Rory Gilmore Challenge and I am really enjoying it :)

message 6: by Rebecca, the princess of prose (new)

Rebecca Curtis | 70 comments Mod
Finished it once again since it is on our list and I found that I really wanted to walk around barefoot after reading it. I love the characters and the very fun story they tell. Huck just can't seem to avoid trouble..it follows him around no matter where he goes or what he does. I am glad we read this one!

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie | 15 comments I agree, Rebecca! Huck definitely finds trouble everywhere he turns! I always loved the light tone to the story despite the dangers and scrapes Huck and Jim faced. I think Mark Twain succeeding very well in describing events as they would be told by a boy rather than an adult.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (letaylor13) | 4 comments I'm a bit late on this discussion but unfortunately I haven't finished Huckleberry Finn, I just couldn't get into it, which was a shame.

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathryn3) | 28 comments I just recently read this too; at the end of last year, I think. I know it's practically pointless to state the obvious, but, my god, it's good! :P

message 10: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Thompson | 1 comments I loved this book. I especially enjoyed reading Huck's internal monologue of grappling with moral dilemmas.

message 11: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear I studied this book in school in Junior High and then again in college. I got different things out of it at different times. This book is on the banned/challenged list because of the use of the N word. It takes an informed mind to understand that the story is told from Huck's point-of-view. That's all he knows. It's all he's been taught by the adults in his life in the beginning of the book and by the end, after his journey, he comes to form his OWN opinions.

I'll have to find my copy and read it again.

message 12: by Indra (new)

Indra | 1 comments I read it a year ago and I really liked the adventures! But I can't remember specific things, so I will just read it again :). I think this is a book I can keep on reading again and again, without getting bored.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mark Twain (other topics)