Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading June 3?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2015 comments Mod
Happy June! I'm starting this week with a YA- The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd.

message 2: by Phoenix77 (new)

Phoenix77 | 346 comments I just finished Zoe Archer’s newest Sweet Revenge. I think I might go contemporary next with Kathy Lyon’s new release Dream Nights with the CEO.

message 3: by Ki (new)

Ki (kazamei) | 143 comments Phoenix77 wrote: "I just finished Zoe Archer’s newest Sweet Revenge. I think I might go contemporary next with Kathy Lyon’s new release Dream Nights with the CEO."

OMG~ Kathy Lyon’s Dream Nights with the CEO was fabulous!!! I'm currently in the middle of reading an ARC of Amelia Grey's The Rogue Steals a Bride.

message 4: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1867 comments Mod
I'm reading something a little different. It's an American Revolution set historical called The Turncoat: Renegades of the Revolution. I't a little more historical fiction than historical romance, but there is definitely a romance and I'm loving it so far.

message 5: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2045 comments Mod
Halfway through Tessa Dare's new book. It is spectacular !
I read Once Upon a Tower. I really liked it.
I still think my favorite EJs are the desperate duchesses though ...

message 6: by Ki (new)

Ki (kazamei) | 143 comments Manda wrote: "I'm reading something a little different. It's an American Revolution set historical called The Turncoat: Renegades of the Revolution. I't a little more historical fiction than historical romance, ..."

Yes Manda, I heard it was great! There was a lot of great reviews for this book from some of the bloggers I follow. And the trailer was amazing!

message 7: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 890 comments Finished the Sarra Manning book and really liked it. I read that it was released in e-book format in the US without them changing all of the British-isms and spellings. I found that quite fun - at certain points I had to try to figure out what they were saying by the context of the sentence or paragraph. I pictured it as a combo of all of my favorite British films (4 Weddings and a Funeral, Love Actually, Notting Hill, etc.) Loved her voice and her characters, especially Max! Was a little disappointed in the rushed ending and no epilogue - but I always want more when I'm reading a good book (even though it was over 500 pages). I'll be looking up her other contemporary UNSTICKY.

Manda, I just read a review on that book and really want to read it. I love that period in history and there aren't a lot of romances with that setting. You sold me!

I just cracked open EJ's ONCE UPON A TOWER this morning. Looking forward to spending the next couple of days in the hands of a master :)

message 8: by Junek (new)

Junek | 54 comments I am on a roller coaster finish with "Sharp Objects" by Gillian Flynn, not my usual type of reading but a but very pleasant change!!!

message 9: by Jackie Lynn (new)

Jackie Lynn (romancenovlover) The book of the month, Knight

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ajax16) | 55 comments I just started Once Upon a Tower. It's good so far! I also started John Adams by David McCullough for my AP US History summer homework. School books don't always seem good, but this one isn't that bad so far!

message 11: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1867 comments Mod
Elizabeth wrote: "I also started John Adams by David McCullough for my AP US History summer homework. School books don't always seem good, but this one isn't that ..."

LOL, it must be American Revolution week! :-)

I finished The Turncoat: Renegades of the Revolution and it was as good throughout as it was in the beginning. It was a bit brutal in parts--it is after all taking place in wartime and spies were treated abominably, and our heroine is a spy--but it had a happy ending so with that caveat, I think romance readers will enjoy it. Now I'm desperate for the next one!

message 12: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Add me to the group reading EJ's newest! I'll read Tessa Dare's Any Duchess Will Do next. I also got a few non-romance books at the library today and will start those soon: Life After Life, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, and The End of Mr. Y. (Now I just need a few days off to read.)

message 13: by Junek (new)

Junek | 54 comments I have started on BONE FIRE by Mark Spragg, I am aLso dipping into a wonderful book of his short stories WHERE RIVERS CHANGE DIRECTION.

message 14: by Ki (new)

Ki (kazamei) | 143 comments Starting ARC of WINNING A BRIDE by Jade Lee

message 15: by Erin (new)

Erin H I started Sabrina Jeffries' A Lady Never Surrenders and I'm really enjoying it!

message 16: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2015 comments Mod
Re-reading A Blood Seduction by Pamela Palmer and planning on starting- Arclight by Josin L. McQuein and The Elite by Kiera Cass.

message 17: by Amber (new)

Amber | 161 comments Reading The Rose Garden and I LOVE IT! It's a wonderful story, one of those books you want to devour and savor at the same time. The time travel premise is totally believable. I can't wait to see what happens next and at the same time I don't want it to ever end.