Start by marking “Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)” as Want to Read:
Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)

Any Duchess Will Do

(Spindle Cove #4)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  23,809 ratings  ·  2,365 reviews
What’s a duke to do, when the girl who’s perfectly wrong becomes the woman he can’t live without?

Griffin York, the Duke of Halford, has no desire to wed this season—or any season—but his diabolical mother abducts him to “Spinster Cove” and insists he select a bride from the ladies in residence. Griff decides to teach her a lesson that will end the marriage debate forever.
Mass Market Paperback, 375 pages
Published May 28th 2013 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Any Duchess Will Do, please sign up.
Ezri Charlotte's book is "Do You Want to Start a Scandal", published in 2016!…moreCharlotte's book is "Do You Want to Start a Scandal", published in 2016!(less)
A_Random_Book_Reader No need. I haven't read any of the previous books in the series.…moreNo need. I haven't read any of the previous books in the series.(less)

·  23,809 ratings  ·  2,365 reviews

Start your review of Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
chan ☆
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
surprisingly, this worked for me

surprising, because i'm blue in the face with shouting about how tessa dare's damaged heroes don't work for me. but i guess there is an exception to every rule.

this story was pretty unique to the tessa dare brand. you have an untitled lady, who is probably the most working class of any of the heroines i've read in historical, being selected by a duke as his future duchess. Griffin is brought to spindle cove by his mother to select a wife and to piss his mom off he
Sandra
5 OUTSTANDING AND 'AWWWW' STARS.

This book made my heart melt, weep, and gave it a little meltdown/panic attack towards the end.

tumblr inline mh9kfvrs D51qz4rgp

Any Duchess Will Do is the 4th and i believe the final book in the Spindle Cove series. I am madly, and deeply in love with this series and the author. I don't even want to think about this being the last book because then i might cry and never stop.

525c51d5 c8d6 44c8 9d13 6a593fbe754d zps1a740ce0

Pauline Simms is an overworked and struggling 23 year old serving girl. All she wants is to open up her own little
EmBibliophile [hiatus]
Aug 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

“I’m the Duke of Halford,” he said,
“I’m the Marquess of Westmore.”
“I’m also the Earl of Ridingham. Viscount Newthorpe. Lord Hartford-on-Trent.”
“And I am your slave, Pauline.”

Ahhh this was such a fun unique Tessa Dare book! I really loved these two so freakin much.

A duke who is determined to teach his mother a lesson, who desperately wants her son to get a wife and is sure she could turn any girl into a perfect duchess. He ends up picking a serving girl who is supposed to be a h
Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers
This is one of my all time favorite historical romance novels. From the first page to the last, I love the heroine to pieces. Her spark, her spirit, sassiness, optimism, can-do-attitude, loyalty and sense of fairness. She really wants to help the Duke achieve his goals. She loves his mother too, who's a great character in her own right. I just loved every single character in this book! Rather than repeat the blurb, I'll talk about my fav scenes, in no particular ranking order:

#1: Where the Duke
Anne
Alrighty.
So Tessa dare once again made me like a book (like, not love) with a plot I could not have been less interested in!

description

Yes, cute Ryan Gosling gif, I enjoyed it despite the fact that I don't care for the Wealthy Duke Falls for the Poor Commoner storyline. I know plenty of you guys love that one, but for me? Eh. Not so much.
So. Yeah, the characters just won me over!

description

Oh, and I loved the Duke's meddling mother!
When I grow up, I want to be her. Seriously.
Here's a woman who drugs her adult son, d
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
There are just not enough superlatives to describe this book. ANY DUCHESS WILL DO has edged A WEEK TO BE WICKED into second place as my choice for the best book in this series. A ginormous feat considering how much I love Colin and Minerva!

There are so many things I love about this book, it's difficult to know where to start but I'll try.

The story blends all the magic of …

Pygmalion
My Fair Lady
and
Cinderella

The book is rich in humour and the sparkling dialogue provides so many memor
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
I think historical fiction might be one of the greatest things ever
“Farewell, she thought wistfully. Farewell, finest arse in Creation.”
description

Short novel gets short *but happy* review

Meet Griffen: the arrogant EX.playboy who refuses to wed until his mother...kidnaps him and forces him to choose from a room of options.
“He’d thought himself so damned clever, picking the serving girl out of the spinster crowd."

Just a silly little trick in this mindgame with his mother. But Pauline became a play
Shin Mon Thway
I’m kicking myself in the nuts. Why did I ever wait to dig into a Tessa Dare book. 🤨 Hands down, one of the best-written and funniest and equally romantic regency romance books I’ve ever read/listened. It was really REALLY good. Funny story, a while ago, I travelled to Spain and I actually met with Tessa Dare in person. We were both attendants of a summit there. But the thing is although I knew her books, I never knew she wrote them. In my defense, I haven’t read any MF in a couple years and I ...more
Jill
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it

The Duchess of Halford would like grandchildren. Tired of her thirty-five year-old son, Griff's bachelorhood, she takes matters into her own hands. She drugs and kidnaps him and takes him to Spindle Cove to choose a young lady.

"You choose a girl - any girl - and I'll polish her myself. Who could better prepare the future Duchess of Halford than the current Duchess of Halford?"

Pauline Simms is a farmer's daughter and serving girl at the local tavern. Griffin Eliot York, Duke of Halford has his ow
Jessica
TW for loss of a child

FINALLYYYY. This series has been hit or miss for me, and I'm happy to say that this one was a hit! This is a class difference romance and it checked all the boxes for me. Griffin's mom forces him to go to Spindle Cover to choose a bride. Fed up with her, he chooses the barmaid, Pauline, in order to pay her to fail miserably at being a duchess and get his mom off his back once and for all. Pauline only agrees so that she can have money to bring home to take care of her siste
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

Tessa Dare has been my most surprising wild card of 2014.

I went into this year convinced that I could never love historical romance, especially M/F historical romance. Then Tessa Dare smacked me upside the face with her Spindle Cove series and sent me reeling.

I loved them.

I've been listening to the series in audiobook format, so I was devastated when saw that the supremely talented narrator from the first three books, Carolyn Morris, was replaced by Eva Kaminsky. However, I shouldn't have worr
Jilly
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a really cute story about a duke falling for a serving girl, and they were adorable and it was hot and swoony sometimes, but the true star of this book is the duke's mother - the current duchess. She is dry, sarcastic, bossy, controlling, and has a propensity to knit horrible little things in the hope of someday having a grandchild.

knitting kitteh is producing better projects than duchess no-grandma..

Since her son, Griffin, is a total skeezebag in a previous book and doesn't look like h
Warda
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[4.5 ⭐️]

My heart. I feel sick with love.
Tessa Dare just can’t do no wrong for me. She writes the most infectious of stories with the best romance possible that has me setting expectations. I mean, if I do not find myself someone that has all the qualities of every fictional character I fell in love with, I’m rioting. And eventually fall into inevitable despair.

I love the writing. I love the characters. Her female characters in particular always have this individuality about them that makes them
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a cute, fun read. I am really liking this author's characters and the banter we get with them! But for some reason I didn't feel like we got as deep of a connection with these two as I have in the other books I've read from Ms. Dare. I'm not even sure why I feel that way exactly...so even though it was enjoyable, I didn't quite like it as much as the The Duchess Deal or A Week to Be Wicked 🤷🏻‍♀️

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Pauline and Griff's story
Azet
"Any Duchess Will Do" are the fourth book in the "Spindle Cove" series.Tessa Dare has her own romance to make us fall for..she made me fall in love all over again!
The hero,Griffin York gets kidnapped by his own mother (LOL as hell,haha) where she takes him to Spindle Cove to choose a wife.In a splendid moment of madness he gets entranced by the pride-ful serving girl Pauline Simms who hade glittering sugar all over her.Her bold attitude and banter with the hero made me laugh and i just knew that
Shawna
5+ stars – Historical/Regency Romance

Wow! I loved this! I haven’t relished a historical romance this much in quite some time. I adored everything about this book. Here’s a quick summary of what I enjoyed most about it.

*Endearing, unique, lovable heroine – Pauline is caring, funny, cheeky, brave, honest, spunky, loyal, and strong yet vulnerable. I absolutely adored her!

*Sigh-worthy hero

*Heartwarming, swoonalicious romance – This has some of the sweetest, most memorable, delightful romantic moment
Mei
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
“Miss Simms,” his mother said, “if you think you can trick me into repeating your vulgarities, you will be disappointed. Suffice it to say, slang, blasphemy, and cursing have no place in a lady’s vocabulary. Much less a duchess’s.”
“Oh. I see. So your grace never curses.”
“I do not.”
“Words like cor . . . bollocks . . . damn . . . devil . . . blast . . . bloody hell . . .” She pronounced the words with relish, warming to her task. “They don’t cross a duchess’s lips?”
“No.”
Audio: 5+ STARS!!
Story: 5 STARS!!
"I'll take her."
AAAAHHHH! So glorious!

We all know that Tessa Dare's sense of humor is wonderful, but she truly outdid herself with the premise and execution of Any Duchess Will Do!

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard while listening a book. Huge kudos to Eva Kaminsky for her incredible performance.

Plot: In an attempt to thwart his meddling mother's claim that she can turn any woman in Spindle Cove into marriageable Duchess material, Griffin, t
Letitia
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Rating: A ... Heat: Hot

Well, it’s officially official: If I want a good cry, I’ll pick up one of my favorite Tessa Dare books. Each and every time she creates heroes and heroines who worm their way into my heart and tug on those heartstrings. Kate and Thorne? Made me bawl my ever-loving eyes out. Minerva and Colin? When they weren’t making me laugh, they put tears in my eyes. Pauline and Griff? Yeah, those two got the water works going pretty good and pretty often. I love the ladies and gents of

KatLynne
“Her,” he said. “I’ll take her.”

Tessa Dare has crafted one of the most pleasurable books I’ve read. If you’re looking for a fun, sexy Historical Romance, then you’ll not want to miss this! I thought it perfect escapism.

Oozing humor, it’s filled with witty dialogue and the banter is ever flowing. It also has very sensual love scenes and offers a story that flows faultlessly from beginning to end. There’s no wading in; from the get-go it grabs you and will have you laughing out loud and anxious f
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

5 poignant, romantic, sexy, glorious, wonderful, brilliant stars! A truly beautiful series finale!
Roma Cordon
Jun 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book!
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
This is a Regency version of My Fair Lady, and not a very convincing one. It exceeded my expectations, and was more convincing than I had expected considering the preposterousness of the premise, but then again, my expectations were extremely low and my dubiousness not entirely misguided. Come on, people, this is the Regency era. Liaisons between commoners and dukes are highly uncommon, and that of a barmaid and a duke? Even more ludicrous. Still, this book carried it off the dubious premise bet ...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
4.5 Stars

“Her,” he said. “I’ll take her.”

Tessa Dare and the Spindle Cove series are just a lot of fun. I love her slightly unconventional heroines and all the mishaps they get into. At times this series is ridiculously funny and I find myself just grinning along stupid smile on my face growing larger line by line.

The premise is simple the Duke Griff after leading a life of debauchery and scandal suffered a tragedy that changed him. His mother knowing something was wrong and wanting
Lady Wesley
Sometimes, when I’m reading a new book, I just know that I’ll have to write a review the minute I finish. Usually, that happens when a book is either remarkably good, or stupendously bad. As I was reading Any Duchess Will Do, I realized that I would write a review as soon as I had read the last page, because this book is remarkably, stupendously wonderful –- perhaps the best of the Spindle Cove series.

In truth, I had this feeling up until I hit the 75% mark on my Kindle, after which I became ann
Steph

After reading this book, I feel like I temporarily turned into Golum from 'Lord of the Rings'.

Here's a short example of what I mean:

* * *

Me 1: We loves it!

Me 2: No, wait... it was too weird and unrealistic. He fell too hard, so fast. Same with her. And it was one fucking week, for seriousness' sake! It was beyond improbable. Also, their stations were too different. And the guy was too accepting. No way we could even fool ourselves into believing this could happen, or was happening. And also,
Jacob Proffitt
Dec 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
Wow, these people are awful. Griff is weak, dissolute and a jerk. Getting back at his mother by using a serving girl he's never met before? Really? His mother is worse. Who kidnaps her son and tries to force him to marry a random girl? These people make zero sense. And that applies to Pauline as well. A serving girl planning on opening a bookstore of her own? In the Regency era? With nothing but her wages at a tavern and a plan to live just her and her sister? Dare never really cares terribly fo ...more
Sam (AMNReader)
Reread 5/10/2020 for once of my favorite mothers in romance. Honestly, 99% of the reason I reread it.

----original review-----
This book had a lot of sparkly shiny fairytale.

I enjoyed it. I liked-really adored-all the characters but Griff's mother can be my devious mother-in-law anytime.

...I was shocked that one scene actually made me tear up...
(view spoiler)
Susan Phillips
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recent-reads
A duke selects the girl most likely to fail to be his future bride. As much as I love the set-up for this book, any Tessa Dare book is a delight.
Ingie
Written December 3, 2014

4 stars - Enchanting, delightful, charming and so on. Hearthwarming good!

I must start to say I enjoyed this nearly 11 hrs audiobook listening, very well narrated by Eva Kaminsky, so very much. 'Any Duchess Will Do' was my first historical by Tessa Dare as well.

description description description description

My title describes well what I felt a few days ago..
Good story and funny cheeky intrigue. It was both right amount of romance and heat (for this genre), as an good plot. As the icing on the cake was this audioboo

• One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1)
  • Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)
  • The Day of the Duchess (Scandal & Scoundrel, #3)
  • Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
  • A Scot in the Dark (Scandal & Scoundrel, #2)
  • Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5)
  • Dreaming of You (The Gamblers of Craven's, #2)
  • Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)
  • No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (The Rules of Scoundrels, #3)
  • Married by Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3)
  • Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #4)
See top shelves…
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen

Spindle Cove (5 books)
  • A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
  • Love Letters From a Lord (Spindle Cove, #5)