Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

General IR Book Discussion > Recommendation Please!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (last edited Jun 02, 2013 04:47PM) (new)

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments Looking for something well written and well edited! Just read a really great one by Melanie Harvey snd even though the story was maybe 85% perfect in my opinion, the WRITING was so excellent that I realize I (as Whitney said in Exhale) "cannot go back to bullsh t" if you know what I mean.

Help?

message 2: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Hmmmm....... Have you read anything by Pepper Pace? I really enjoyed Beast. Is that the sort of rec you're looking for?

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments Yes! Enjoyed Beast and have been wondering about her other books. I didn't think it was the best but definitely better than the average. Anything stand out to you as the best of hers?

message 4: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

I've only read Beast and Stranded. I did enjoy Beast more than Stranded though.

message 5: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

What sort of sub-genre are you looking for- suspense, erotica, sci-fi etc?

message 6: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Have you read Dmitry's Closet (The Medlov Crime Family, #1) by Latrivia S. Nelson ?

message 7: by Tamekia (new)

Tamekia | 87 comments Baby girl and the Mean Boss by Pepper Pace is a good read also.

message 8: by Tank (new)

Tank I like a good series. My faves are the Battaglia Mafia series by Sienna Mynx, and for non-IR The Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward, Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole, and the Pride & Magnus Pack series by Shelley Laurenston (both series by Laurenston involve IR and are very funny with kick ass female leads). All except the Battaglia Mafia series are paranormal by the way.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "What sort of sub-genre are you looking for- suspense, erotica, sci-fi etc?"

Hmm, good question! I don't really know. I guess I'm open. This last one had a WM that was a rapper and I really thought I'd HATE it, but I ended up loving the guy and all his edges. So I guess maybe just something that's not the usual she-can't-believe-he-wants-her mess. I mean, I actually do NOT mind the plus size storylines, but I've started to get tired of the ones where the female is so insecure she can't handle his attention.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Have you read Dmitry's Closet (The Medlov Crime Family, #1) by Latrivia S. Nelson ?"

Looking it up right now!

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments Tamekia wrote: "Baby girl and the Mean Boss by Pepper Pace is a good read also."
Just jotted down the titles ..will look them up next! Thanks!

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments Tank wrote: "I like a good series. My faves are the Battaglia Mafia series by Sienna Mynx, and for non-IR The Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward, Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole, and the Pride & Ma..."

think I AM going to try to get a couple of Sienna Mynx/mafia series titles. They are on my want to read list anyway, so now I've got another recommendation for them I will likely start with those. And GIRL! The Brotherhood....oh.my.WOW...I love them boys. *sigh* You know, I want Ward to give us either a black brother OR better yet, for the love of all that is hot, let one of the bros fall for a black woman! They have to get new meat into the series anyway, and I figure with all the new pre-trans males they are training, PLEASE let one of them go through the change and find himself a sista! Love that series. Just..ugh. LOVE it. lol Have you read Quinn and Blay's yet??

message 13: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

I think I'll have to given the BDB series another try.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments Michelle - DO IT. You wont be sorry.

message 15: by Tank (new)

Tank Savannah wrote: "Tank wrote: "I like a good series. My faves are the Battaglia Mafia series by Sienna Mynx, and for non-IR The Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward, Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole, and t..."

YASSSSSSSSSSSS!!! As much slang/vernacular that Ward is using she had better put a sistah in there at some point, it's not as if it's a stretch. V or Rhage with a BW would have been perfection. I read Quinn and Blay's story, but I was a bit disappointed. I'm ready for Xcor and The Chosen (I forget her name) to finally get together. The BOB vamps are interesting and so are the two Shadow characters.

message 16: by Tank (new)

Tank ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "I think I'll have to given the BDB series another try."

Please give it another try Michelle, I really think you'll like it. Definitely needs an IR romance though. That Vishous does something to me girl (lol).

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments Oooh, my V! I love him! Nasty, raunchy, ginormous piece of warrior. And Rhage.....and Zhadist.Rhev...dang just ALL of 'em. mmm mmm mmmm! I'd let V touch me eithout his glove girl...just INCINERATE my behind! lmao! ok I'm done now.

message 18: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

I'll definitely give it another try. Maybe I'll re-read the first book next month, or late this month, and take it from there.

message 19: by Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (last edited Jun 04, 2013 07:00PM) (new)

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments If it helps, Dark Lover (the first one) is the slowest of the series. They get way more interesting as they go. You know how it goes...first book sets up the background world.

Dee's Reading Zone (cricket011) | 3226 comments I read the first one of the BDB series and it was a goodread but why I have not continued on and finished this series I really don't know. I guess you can say I read what I want when I want to read it... lol

message 21: by Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (last edited Jun 04, 2013 06:59PM) (new)

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments get on 'em Cricket! lol...but ya, I know what ya mean. I'm a mood reader too.

Dee's Reading Zone (cricket011) | 3226 comments That is a good word for it Savannah... mood reader! lol

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments Tank wrote: YASSSSSSSSSSSS!!! As much slang/vernacular that Ward is using she had better put a sistah in there at some point, it's not as if it's a stretch. V or Rhage with a BW would have been perfection.

Girl, V NEEDED a sista, do you hear me? I mean him above all the others..he was so perfectly written for a black woman I find myself almost heartsick that they have let his romantic story end where it has. I mean the whole Doc Jane thing is interesting, but V with one of US??! Fuggetaboutit! lol

All those big, testosterone laden (or the vamp version of it) alpha males rollin around in SUV's bumping Tupac and not a black woman in SIGHT??? Pfft. That's just tragic, that's what that mess is.