The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SUMMER CHALLENGE 2013 > 20.7 - Shorter is Sweeter - Ana's task: Something New

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Jun 04, 2013 05:20PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10635 comments Mod
20.7 - Shorter is Sweeter - Ana's task: Something New
I joined SRC this spring and really enjoyed the tasks set out for me. So in the spirit of trying something new, choose one of the following options and read ONE book.

NOTE: The book you choose must have 250+ pages.

Option 1. Read a book first published in 2013.

Option 2. Read a book with the word "new" or "spring" found intact in the title or subtitle. The word "sprung" will also work. Ex: Blog!: How the Newest Media Revolution Is Changing Politics, Business, and Culture; Life As We Knew It; Deadline Artists: America's Greatest Newspaper Columns; The Doctor's Newfound Family; Sprung; All Woman and Springtime; Springing: New and Selected Poems; Springboard

Option 3. Read a book written by an author who is new to you.

Required: State which option you used when you post.

NOTE: Books with genre "Children's" or "Kids" that conform to all other SRC rules and meet the requirements of this task may be used.

NOTE: ebooks without print versions cannot be used for tasks requiring a specific number of pages. If you read an ebook or listen to an audiobook, use the page count for the mass market paperback if one exists. If there is no mass market paperback edition, use the paperback edition and if no paperback is available use the hardcover edition.

message 2: by Ana (last edited Jun 05, 2013 09:37AM) (new)

Ana | 331 comments Approved Books

Wampus Springs - Mark of the Wolf by Wade Faubert

message 3: by Ana (new)

Ana | 331 comments Holding my place

message 4: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10635 comments Mod
This thread is now open!

message 6: by Ana (new)

Ana | 331 comments Fiona (Titch) wrote: "Wampus Springs - Mark of the Wolf - Wade Faubert?"

It will work.

message 7: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Brillant, thanks x

message 8: by Aleksandra (new)

Aleksandra (aleksandrakonwa) | 777 comments Can I read Please Look After Mom by Kyung- Sook Shin? is a new author for me and book which one I got from library is 272 pages.

message 9: by Ana (new)

Ana | 331 comments Aleksandra wrote: "Can I read Please Look After Mom by Kyung- Sook Shin? is a new author for me and book which one I got from library is 272 pages."

Yes

message 10: by Aleksandra (new)

Aleksandra (aleksandrakonwa) | 777 comments Anna wrote: "Aleksandra wrote: "Can I read Please Look After Mom by Kyung- Sook Shin? is a new author for me and book which one I got from library is 272 pages."

Yes"

Thank You :)

message 11: by Claire (new)

Claire (proud-mum) | 1091 comments I am going to read The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey, first published in 2013.