Shut Up & Read discussion

The Selection (The Selection, #1)
This topic is about The Selection
Archives > The Selection by Kiera Cass-June

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lys (new) - added it

Lys (lysrowan) Discuss as you read, but please use SPOILERS for those of us who haven't gotten as far as you!!! (Check out the 'some html is ok' box above the post box for spoiler tags.)

Happy reading and discuss away!

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) i read this back in September and i was surprised with how much i enjoyed this book. most of my GR friends had given it bad reviews but i disagreed. i liked the world building and the characters and even the love triangle. i really need to read the second book so i don't forget about the series and lose interest.

Evelyn Puerto (evelynpuerto) | 13 comments I wasn't sure how I'd like this book. The concept is interesting, but at first it felt like a thin version of the Hunger Games. But I stuck with it, and ended up liking it so much, I bought the second book.

Danielle is so right! The main character made some bad decisions, and I so wanted to shake some sense into her. I couldn't help but end up liking her.

Erin (ecardwell) I just finished this book, I really enjoyed it!!

Missy (missy_aurora) Read this in March. Found it very fluffy but a quick easy read. I like the idea of America being an observer rather then a contestent. reminds me very much of the show The Bachelor and a bit of Wither (since they all live in a mansion with one guy who really doesn't know anything about the real world). I will continue on with this series eventually.

Ines Lopes (inesgl) I loved the book! America actually frustrates me at times, but I'm able to get past that and go back to loving all the romance around her. But I'm definitely unsure about my favorite guy!

Az (أسماء) ^ I have to say that I agree! America makes me mad a few times but I am never put off by her strong will and the love she has for her father is just amazing!
Also I just want her to choose already! Lol idc which anymore just choose because I feel for both of them and when I feel bad I will like them both and I don't wanna do that.

I mean I want her to be with Maxson so she can be able do as much good as she possibly could in Illea but he's so not sure of himself that he doesn't deserve a strong woman!
And I just love Aspen for all the things he did for her. I love him for not giving up! And for being there whenever America needed him and whether or not she chooses him I think he will always respect her and protect her as much as he can and that makes me love him and want him to win. But knowing that with him the future of changing Illea isn't coming makes it hard to deiced! But personality wise I like Aspen

Stephanie Read this last year about this time and I remember liking it. At times America would try me crazy, but I loved that she was strong and kind of had a smart mouth ;)

You usually can't go wrong with 2 love interests, but throw a bunch of girls fighting for one of those love interest and stuff gets real entertaining, real fast.

Just recently read The Selection and can't wait for book 3, definitely a series to read!

Lindsay (bewarebookwormontheloose) | 13 comments I read this in January, and I absolutely loved it! I can't wait for book 3 to come out! Happy Reading! :)

Bethany Mcelroy (bethanymcelroy) I absolutely love this book. I fell in love with the characters in the beginning, and grew with then towards the end.. I love her writing and how she keeps you on your toes.I read the second book and loved it and now can't wait till book three..

message 11: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Tariah | 1 comments I havent read it yet, but its in my to read list.. i hope its good

Az (أسماء) Jennifer wrote: "I havent read it yet, but its in my to read list.. i hope its good"

It's pretty good I mean the 1st book has a gaps and is a little vague but make sure to read the 2nd book and some of that gaps will be filled

Jennifer (featherlashes) I so enjoyed this book. The characters really grew on me and America definitely has a tough decision to make...and she better make up her mind fast! Looking forward to the next book.

Nikki (dry_breaths) | 7 comments This was so much like The Hunger Games!!!
It wasn't anything mind blowing, but just a good read.

Alessa Castillo (alessa-chan) | 14 comments This is really a good book, i read it in January, and i really liked it, i haven't read the 2nd book "The Elite", but they're telling me. Go and read it 'cuse is soo much better than the 1st book.