Accidentally on Purpose (Accidentally on Purpose, #1) Accidentally on Purpose discussion

Team Kyle or Team Lucas- The better man for Emmy

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kerahia Everyone should be able to air their personal opinions here without any conflicts arising.

I personally am on team Kyle. The attraction between Kyle and Emmy was stronger than Emmy and Lucas. Yes he put his hands on her, but i believe that he loves her enough to see his mistakes and with the proper help they would have been perfect. He's funny, loving and smart. TEAM KYLE

Juliana R I agree with you. He deserves his redemption and get a 2nd change with Em. However, Im afraid this is not going to happen.. I just read a peek of the second book of AOP, and its a romance about Kyle and Lilly.. I don't think I can be convinced that he can love someone more than Emmy (and vice-verse).

Anyway, lets just wait a couple more months for the next book and figure it out :)

Mollie I'm Team Lucas. He is the "better man" for her, but she was obviously more connected with Kyle. *sigh* I did love them together at first.

Kerahia Juliana wrote: "I agree with you. He deserves his redemption and get a 2nd change with Em. However, Im afraid this is not going to happen.. I just read a peek of the second book of AOP, and its a romance about Kyl..."

Thank God he is happy... I hope he stopped the drugs and is getting his life back on track with his new beau... well belle.

Kerahia Mollie wrote: "I'm Team Lucas. He is the "better man" for her, but she was obviously more connected with Kyle. *sigh* I did love them together at first."

I know right... but it was a relationship destined for failure from the beginning and as i went further into the story, i realized that it WAS actually a failed relationship.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 03, 2013 10:28AM) (new)

Mollie wrote: "I'm Team Lucas. He is the "better man" for her, but she was obviously more connected with Kyle. *sigh* I did love them together at first."

Team Lucas all the way. I could have MAYBE gotten on Team Kyle had it not been for the abuse. He was dead to me after that!

Altho, they grew to love each other, the connection Emmy had with Kyle was mostly based on the physical aspects of their relationship. Even taking away the abuse and drugs, once the fire burned out between Emmy and Kyle (i.e real life took over without sneaking around, etc), I'd have to suspend belief too far that it'd work between them. Lucas was the better man for her because the relationship had a better foundation than just forbidden lust.

If I remember there was a teaser at the end of this story with Tabitha and Leo...any updates on that story?

message 7: by Kerahia (last edited Jun 04, 2013 09:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kerahia BkGurl wrote: "Team Lucas all the way. I could have MAYBE gotten on Team Kyle had it not been for the abuse. He was dead to me after that!

Altho, they grew to love each other, the connection Emmy had with Kyle was mostly based on the physical aspects of their relationship. Even taking away the abuse and drugs, once the fire burned out between Emmy and Kyle (i.e real life took over without sneaking around, etc), I'd have to suspend belief too far that it'd work between them. Lucas was the better man for her because the relationship had a better foundation than just forbidden lust.

If I remember there was a teaser at the end of this story with Tabitha and Leo...any updates on that story? "

Under one of the other discussions Davis mentioned that the book is actually about Kyle

L.D. wrote: "What's a story without drama? ;)

I had intended it to be a short story originally, but the book has taken on a life of its own. It may even be a little longer than the first book. I'm trying to wr..."

L.D. wrote: "Well, it's about Kyle :)"

Diana I am totally team Kyle. I was heart broken when he hit Emmy. Although I loved this book and if there is a second one, I will definitely read it but I felt short changed as I read AOP. Kyle was the leading man in the story and LD Davis made us fall in love with him, feel for him and his predictament then ripped him out from underneath of us by having him drugged addicted and abusive.

message 9: by Sleepy (last edited Jun 28, 2013 03:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sleepy LOVED LUKE!! TEAM LUKE FOR ME. Although i did like Kyle at first but when he broke her wrist i knew there was something off! Luke was always a sweetheart i just fell for him! Luke was definitely better for her!

Sleepy When's the second one coming out anyone know? Thanks!

Shannon Marshall cooper I think I need to reread this book. Initially I thought that she had a hard choice between the Luke and Kyle; however, Kyle has serious problems. He may have had feelings for her, but they were never enough to claim her. Also I do not condone any violence toward women regardless if the person is a drug user.

Karyn Sallee I am on team Lucas. Kyle problems run too deep. First he is a coward. He would not stand up to everyone. Made Emmy watch him with another woman. The is too much emotional abuse way before he ever put his hands on her. He was a creep. She said she hated him from in the start. She really should have had more faith in herself and followed her original instincts. I think that by the time she was involved with Lucas she was so destroyed emotionally that she could not think clearly about Lucas. She could not see him for Kyle.Kyle had her twisted. Just because there is attraction and strong feelings does not mean that person is the best person for you. I think she had to let go over that mess to see what she really wanted. Because when you are being abused nothing is clear for you.

Team Lucas!!

message 13: by Alma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alma Team Lucas. Kyle had too many issues. I liked him at first, but then the violence started... Lucas is a better choice...

Melba I think I need to reread this book also since Worthy of Redemption (Accidentally on Purpose, #2) by L.D. Davis is scheduled for release July 23rd, only three days away. I remember thinking she was making a mistake engaging with Kyle since Lucas treated her so well (aside from the obvious cheating).

message 15: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat After reading Worthy of Redemption (Accidentally on Purpose, #2) by L.D. Davis I am Team Kyle.

Kerahia Haven't reah Worthy of Redemption as yet but i'm too in love with Kyle to let it pass hehe

RedRedtheycallmeRed Team Lucas. I was hoping Kyle would die from a drug overdose.

Men who beat women don't get second chances in my world.

Kallie Kyle. I just can't read Worthy of Redemption - Don't want to see him with someone else.
The drug and physical abuse came out of nowhere in this book...IF the author was going to make it part of the story then it should have come out before and been a part of their story and not the cause of his abuse of her...either he was a druggie or just immature and could not make a clean break from his family for the woman he wanted. After all they went through together they deserved an HEA (this was supposed to be a romance novel after all). Lucas did not have the emotions invested in this story for them to end up together.

Can we wish Kyle well with Lilly if he is an abuser???

Does an abuser get a second chance only with someone else??? It's up to a good writer to show the redemption of the character and make us believe in the redemption. It's only redemption if they stayed together....he was abusive to her.

The Junkie's Fix is Reading (it's Em) Kallie wrote: "Kyle. I just can't read Worthy of Redemption - Don't want to see him with someone else.
The drug and physical abuse came out of nowhere in this book...IF the author was going to make it part of th..."

Team Luke all the way! And I don't trust Emmy. She's a selfish manipulative bitch. I think she deserve the beating! Lol. And I have also wish she lose the baby. Lol. (I'm just team luke, I hated what she did.)

Have you read Worth the Fight (Accidentally on Purpose, #3) by L.D. Davis ? This story makes me root for Ems and Luke. And, they have appearances in Tethered (Accidentally on Purpose, #4) by L.D. Davis and they're so much in love. Btw, Lucas is there son. LoL.