Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Arranged
This topic is about Arranged
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Arranged by Catherine McKenzie → Start Date: July 18th, 2013

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Please feel free to join Robyn, Brianna and I in this buddy read!

Psylk | 185 comments Yay! I really think its going to be a cute book. Thanks for making the thread btw. :)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Woo hoo! :)

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments no prob :) the buddy thread was getting a little crazy lol

message 5: by Psylk (last edited Jun 20, 2013 08:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Psylk | 185 comments Since we are doing Eternity Cure on the 10th do you think we could push this one back to the 17th? With my biology class I don't have time for the two buddy reads to overlap I have so much reading to do already.

Will that work for you two? If not we can figure something else out.

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I already have 2 on the 17th.
is it okay if I start a day late and start on the 18th?

I promise to catch up :)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Works for me! I'm pretty open for July. Just let me know what you guys decide! :)

Psylk | 185 comments Yeah the 18th is fine or we can push it off a bit longer if that is better for you Trisha. Honestly whatever is easiest for everyone works for me.

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Are we moving this to the 18th then?

message 10: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jun 26, 2013 10:33PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Wow yeah if you guys are okay with that! I hate to move days on ya :)

Psylk | 185 comments Yeah. Its good for me if it works for you guys. :)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Perfect! :)

message 13: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm so sorry guys, I think I'm not going to be able to read this one.
I'm moving and packing is throwing me way off. i'm behind on all my reading :( sorry!! I hope you guys love it!

Psylk | 185 comments Hey Brianna. How many pages/chapters a day were you thinking? Or did you maybe want to wait on this one till Trisha can join us? I am good either way.

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Well I have the book checked out from the library, so I'm not sure I'll be able to wait, meaning I'll probably have to turn it in before she'll be able to join us. :(

I haven't looked to see what the chapter lengths looked like, but I think 5 chapters is usually a pretty good number to go with. What do you think? :) I'm pretty open!

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Trisha wrote: "I'm so sorry guys, I think I'm not going to be able to read this one.
I'm moving and packing is throwing me way off. i'm behind on all my reading :( sorry!! I hope you guys love it!"

And don't worry, Trisha! :)

Psylk | 185 comments Oh that's fine I have the book already so I am ready to read it whenever. :)
Yeah 5 works for me. They cant be too long since the book is only about 400 pages. It looks like its divided into 3 parts.
The break up looks like this according to Shelfari. My copy is on my Kindle so.

Part 1
Chapters 1 - 8
Part 2
Chapters 9 - 16
Part 3
Chapters 17 - 27

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments So do you want to do five per day? Or just come back every five chapters?

I'm excited to start this one tomorrow! :)

Psylk | 185 comments Well unless I get super into it and blow off everything else I prolly wont have time for more than 5 chapters a day. That said if you are more comfortable with just having your own pace and just posting every 5 chapters I am good with that too. Honestly I am super easy to get along with so whatever works best for you is okay with me.

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I'm probably going to be pretty busy too! So I think I'll just plan for 5 chapters per day. :)

Psylk | 185 comments Sounds good to me. I cant wait to start I really hope its as good as it sounds.

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I didn't get my 5 chapters in today, but I was able to start it. I'm just about to start chapter 3. It's really cute so far! Not much to comment on yet except (view spoiler)

Psylk | 185 comments I am so sorry I didn't have a chance to read last night but I will make sure to get my 10 chapters in today and post as soon as I finish.

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments No problem! I haven't had a chance to read much either. :)

Psylk | 185 comments Well that makes me feel better! It's late but I just finished chapter 9 and after glancing at chapter 10 decided that's where I would stop for the night.

I totally agree about the ex boyfriend. Also I am kinda surprised but I really love Anne. I was afraid she might be kinda whiny and annoying but she is coming across pretty well so far. This book has been a refreshing change of pace and it's definitely a good summer read I think. Lately I have been reading really heavy or serious stuff and this is so light and fun and easy to get lost in. I am really liking it so far and look forward to seeing where it goes and what you think.

The whole arranged marriage thing seems so interesting lol. I am really eager to learn about her soon to be husband in the next chapter or two.

Oh! Almost forgot I love all the Anne of Green Gables references. Do you think that also ties into the name of the company? Blythe and Company. Like you are in the company of Anne and all the great romances and marriages you read about in books?

Psylk | 185 comments I finished todays chapters so I am at the end of chapter 15. I cant believe how good this book is I totally want to read her other stuff now.

I will prolly finish this late tonight or tomorrow since I have some down time and next week is going to crazy for me. I finals for my summer classes.

Take your time on the book tho I will be here whenever you have time to discuss it :)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I have been soooo busy lately! My family and I are still on vacation, so I haven't had any time to read at all! I'm really hoping I can get some reading in tomorrow or the next day. I'm so glad you're liking it though! That makes me even more excited to read it. :)

Psylk | 185 comments Thats fine! I totally understand I get busy too. I finished the book but I will save my final thoughts till you finish so just let me know when you are done. :)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Robyn wrote: "Thats fine! I totally understand I get busy too. I finished the book but I will save my final thoughts till you finish so just let me know when you are done. :)"

Sounds great! I didn't get any reading in today at all. :( Hopefully tomorrow I will get a bunch in though! Can't wait! I wish things wouldn't interrupt my reading time! ;)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Just finished chapter five. This is such a cute book so far! I wish I had more time to read it! I love the fact that she (view spoiler)

Do you ever get where you're nervous about what's going to happen in a book and then you just feel foolish because you know it's just a book but can't help it? Lol! Well that's what I'm feeling right now! I'm so nervous and excited for her because (view spoiler)

Psylk | 185 comments I totally get being nervous about whats going to happen in a book. I get that way all the time.

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Just starting chapter 8! I really like this book! I also feel like if I was able to actually sit down and read it uninterrupted and relax, I'd easily be able to fly through it! I think it flows really well.

It is so awesome that (view spoiler)

Psylk | 185 comments Yeah I was the same way I kept thinking it was cute and then once I sat down and wasn't interrupted I just breezed through it.

Also I agree on both counts with your last comment.

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I should be able to read a bunch this weekend! *Fingers crossed!* I'm still reading a little bit here and there though. I love how she is constantly talking to herself and yelling at herself! I totally do the same thing! Just makes me laugh! :)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Just started chapter 17 (Part 3). I really feel like something bad is going to happen. Something about Jack makes me nervous and rubs me the wrong way... :(

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Just finished chapter 20! (view spoiler)

Psylk | 185 comments (view spoiler)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Finished! I really enjoyed this book! (view spoiler)

I enjoyed the ending though. I was nervous that (view spoiler)

And I was almost expecting (view spoiler)