Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Strobe Edge, Vol. 1 (Strobe Edge, #1)
This topic is about Strobe Edge, Vol. 1
Monthly Reads > Strobe Edge Discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kristen | 1392 comments This is where we discuss Strobe Edge. We are reading and discussing volumes 1-3. Please remember to hide all spoilers.

Having no experience in romance, the vibrant Ninako curiously explores the meaning of what "love" really is, and is surprised to feel a colorful range of emotions as she grows closer to the school heartthrob, the quiet yet gentle Ren, who also happens to be involved in a longtime relationship. With every intention of keeping her head held high, Ninako prepares to face the mental pain of this one-sided love that she had allowed to take root, facing a series of trials that would either contribute to her growth as a headstrong woman, or break her as it did with other girls. However, is this really a one-sided love? Or had something been silently sown in the most hidden part of Ren's heart?

Kristen | 1392 comments Well, I gave this three stars. It was fun to read, but it's pretty cliche. The story sounds like a manga parody or something.

I spent the whole time feeling bad (view spoiler)

Anna Ortiz (kameko4real) Just finished the first volume a little while ago. I feel as though Ren is very similar to Yoh from High School Debut. Personality wise and the way all the girls swoon over him.

Kristen | 1392 comments Anna Leontine wrote: "Just finished the first volume a little while ago. I feel as though Ren is very similar to Yoh from High School Debut. Personality wise and the way all the girls swoon over him."

Yep, Ren is your typical swoon-worthy cool guy :)

I actually just read volume two last night and I have to say that I liked it much more than the first volume. I think the introduction of new characters and (view spoiler) improved the manga significantly.

Anna Ortiz (kameko4real) So I just finished the third volume. Are we going to be reading 4, 5, and 6 at any point? If not I'll keep reading xD
I'm definitely loving the direction this manga is taking and I totally agree about the new character introductions.

Kristen | 1392 comments Anna Leontine wrote: "So I just finished the third volume. Are we going to be reading 4, 5, and 6 at any point? If not I'll keep reading xD
I'm definitely loving the direction this manga is taking and I totally agree ab..."

The 4, 5 and 6 thing is still up for debate. If you want to read the next volumes, I'd go ahead and read them now rather than wait to see if it's something we do in the future.