Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare → Start Date: June 11, 2013

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Sarah, Niámh, and I will be starting this one June 11th! Please join us if you can! :)

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Let me know if you do a BR for #2 and I'll join you!

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31442 comments OMG I know it's so silly
but I loooooove this series books 1-3 :p

message 4: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments We will definitely let you know, Becky!

And Trisha, I'm really looking forward to this one! And the movie comes out to theaters August 21!? :)

message 5: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Let me know if you do a buddy read for book 2 as well! :)

message 6: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Will do! :)

message 7: by Trinity (new)

Trinity hey everybody !!

i am going to start reading the lying game series . anyone want to join ? its fine to read by myself but i just wanted to kno if anyone wanted to read it with me ? :)
ßye ßye

message 8: by Trinity (new)

Trinity oops srry wrong pg srry everybody

message 9: by Daniela (new)

Daniela  (Lost in a Book Blog) (daniela-lostinabookblog) I won't have my copies for another couple of weeks, but I'd still like to join! :)

message 10: by Gino (new)

Gino Alfonso | 189 comments I'd love to join this one don't have the ability to get copies big library fee and no $$ :(

message 11: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Anne (goodreadscomtattle) | 23 comments I'm in! :) Brought my copy to work today.

message 12: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Should we try to post after every 5 chapters? :)

message 13: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Anne (goodreadscomtattle) | 23 comments That sounds good to me!

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah D | 29 comments Have u guys started reading this? I've had a busy day so I'm going to read some tonight

message 15: by Shelby (last edited Jun 11, 2013 11:17AM) (new)

Shelby Anne (goodreadscomtattle) | 23 comments I started a little on my lunch break, Sarah. I got to a few pages into chapter two... I'm going to try for 5 a day.

message 16: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I loved this book! I hope you guys do too!

message 17: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Shelby wrote: "I started a little on my lunch break, Sarah. I got to a few pages into chapter two... I'm going to try for 5 a day."

I'm going to try for 5 chapters a day as well! I haven't been able to start it yet though.

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah D | 29 comments I'm just starting it now. Going to aim for 5 chapters a day as well

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah D | 29 comments Is any1 actually doin this buddy read?

message 20: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I still haven't been able to start it yet. Should be able to tonight or tomorrow, hopefully.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah D | 29 comments Ok I'm on chapter 6. Finding it hard to get into

message 22: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I have read the first couple pages! I should be able to read more tomorrow. Then for sure Monday because I have the audio CDs to listen to in my car too! :)

message 23: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Just started chapter 6. Wow, so much has happened already!

Clary.. (view spoiler)

Simon.. (view spoiler)

Jace.. (view spoiler)

I'm really liking this one so far! :)

message 24: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Brianna♥ wrote: "Just started chapter 6. Wow, so much has happened already!

Clary.. [spoilers removed]

Simon.. [spoilers removed]

Jace.. [spoilers removed]

I'm really liking this one so far! :)"

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments They probably just like Jace because (view spoiler)

message 26: by Ally (new)

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments Hi guys! I was browsing the discussion and I just had to butt in.

You guys don't love Jace?! He's probably my favorite book character of all time. Then again, I'm terribly sarcastic so I love it. Don't worry, give it time. You'll give in soon ;)

message 27: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I'm sure I will! :) I just haven't read enough yet to really get to know his character.

message 28: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Ok now on chapter 11. Oh my gosh, I'm LOVING this book! I'm just flying through it, I can read it so fast! I love all of the details and I find myself carefully reading through all the descriptions and details of everything. :)

message 29: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Now on chapter 19. Still loving this one! :) So much action!

I looked up the cast of the movie, and I'm really disappointed in who plays Jace and Isabelle... (view spoiler)

message 30: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments What page are you on Brianna?

I may join you guys even though I am really late.. I can catch up:)

message 31: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I am on page 367, I believe. I don't have the book in front of me, but that was the last status update I had. :)

message 32: by Daniela (new)

Daniela  (Lost in a Book Blog) (daniela-lostinabookblog) I think I'll have my copy this week (hopefully), so if there's going to be a buddy read for the second book, let me know! Because I doubt I'll be able to join you for this one haha.

message 33: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Daniela, I made a buddy read for book 2 City of Ashes. We'll start reading it on June 28th in case you want to read it with us :-)

message 34: by Daniela (new)

Daniela  (Lost in a Book Blog) (daniela-lostinabookblog) Trinity wrote: "Daniela, I made a buddy read for book 2 City of Ashes. We'll start reading it on June 28th in case you want to read it with us :-)"

Great! :) thank you.. I'll start reading the first book as soon as I get it! Ad I hope I can join you guys for the second :)

message 35: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Just finished! Wow! I loved this book! :)

I totally knew that (view spoiler)

message 36: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (last edited Jun 26, 2013 06:21PM) (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Daniela wrote: "Trinity wrote: "Daniela, I made a buddy read for book 2 City of Ashes. We'll start reading it on June 28th in case you want to read it with us :-)"

Great! :) thank you.. I'll start reading the fir..."

Hey! I haven't read CoB either yet! Do you want to do our own little buddy read so we're not on our own?! And I wanted to join the second one too so it seems like we are in the same boat here:)

message 37: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Brianna♥ wrote: "Just finished! Wow! I loved this book! :)

I totally knew that [spoilers removed]"

I think Jace might be (view spoiler)

message 38: by Daniela (new)

Daniela  (Lost in a Book Blog) (daniela-lostinabookblog) Jacquelyn wrote: "Daniela wrote: "Trinity wrote: "Daniela, I made a buddy read for book 2 City of Ashes. We'll start reading it on June 28th in case you want to read it with us :-)"

Great! :) thank you.. I'll start..."

Absolutely!! :) When do you think you'll start reading it?

message 39: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Daniela wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "Daniela wrote: "Trinity wrote: "Daniela, I made a buddy read for book 2 City of Ashes. We'll start reading it on June 28th in case you want to read it with us :-)"

Great! :) than..."

Yay! OMG!

okay well whenever! do you have your book?

message 40: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments ~~~~~~~~Daniela and I will be buddy reading this book starting tomorrow! ~~~~~~

message 41: by Daniela (new)

Daniela  (Lost in a Book Blog) (daniela-lostinabookblog) Jacquelyn wrote: "~~~~~~~~Daniela and I will be buddy reading this book starting tomorrow! ~~~~~~"

Yes!! :) Can't waiiiit.

message 42: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Daniela wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "~~~~~~~~Daniela and I will be buddy reading this book starting tomorrow! ~~~~~~"

Yes!! :) Can't waiiiit."

Neither can I!

message 43: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Are you guys going to comment here? I'll comment with you guys still :)

message 44: by Daniela (new)

Daniela  (Lost in a Book Blog) (daniela-lostinabookblog) Brianna♥ wrote: "Are you guys going to comment here? I'll comment with you guys still :)"

Yeah, that's our plan! :) Did you like it?? I'm so excited I'm finally going to read CoB! :)

message 45: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Yes!! Loved it! :) I'm so excited for CoA!

message 46: by Daniela (new)

Daniela  (Lost in a Book Blog) (daniela-lostinabookblog) Brianna♥ wrote: "Yes!! Loved it! :) I'm so excited for CoA!"

Are you going to do a buddy read for that one too?

message 47: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Yep! :) It starts on July 28. Here is the thread:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 48: by Daniela (new)

Daniela  (Lost in a Book Blog) (daniela-lostinabookblog) Brianna♥ wrote: "Yep! :) It starts on July 28. Here is the thread:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1..."

Thank youu!! :) Hopefully I'll be able to join you this time haha.

message 49: by Brianna♥ (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I hope so too! :)