Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
This topic is about City of Ashes
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > City of Ashes (The Mortal Instrument, #2) by Cassandra Clare → Start Date: June 28, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Hey guys! I was wondering if you were interested in reading City of Ashes with me, Shelby, and Trinity(another Trinity) :D

message 2: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Anne (goodreadscomtattle) | 23 comments Followed. ;)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Shelby wrote: "Followed. ;)"

Yay! :D

Trinity im the other trinity :) lol and i cant wait to start its on my :
Goodreads : BuddyReads (List)
i have at home on my clipboard thats on my wall ;)
so once i finish city of bones ill go to this book :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Oh Man, you're killing me! If I can fit this in, I'll be here! Have a ton of reads going on this month tho! I loved city of Bones!

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I thought we were going to wait for this one.. :( I won't be able to finish #1 before then (buddy read for #1 starts on the 11th)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Brianna, we can do one together if they can't wait. Because it will be really hard for me to fit this in on the 17th. So, we can just plan on that if you would like.

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) We're still deciding whether or not we're gonna change the date. Didn't you guys say that you start the first book on the 11th?

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) The more the merrier right?

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Always the more the merrier, lol! I already read book 1 on my own, thought I was the only one who hadn't read it yet, lol. I just wanted Brianna to know that if the 17th doesn't work for her I would be willing to read it with her a bit later, so that you guys can continue on the 17th.

Either way is fine with me because I am really very busy with BR's in June, lol! :-)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Hmmmmm. Is everyone free on the 28th?

message 12: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Anne (goodreadscomtattle) | 23 comments 28th is still fine for me.

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Shelby wrote: "28th is still fine for me."

Yay :D

Trinity srry guys but i wont b able to read the book with u guys :( but ill b checking in to see u guys writing ur thoughts

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I could probably do the 28th! That should give me enough time to get the book and finish the 1st one. :)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I'm going to lurk on this thread... i would say that this is better than the first book.

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Beatrice wrote: "I'm going to lurk on this thread... i would say that this is better than the first book."

I hope the series keeps getting better! :)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Brianna♥ wrote: "I could probably do the 28th! That should give me enough time to get the book and finish the 1st one. :)"

I hope you'll be able to join :)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I put the requests in at my library, so fingers crossed! I'm on a waiting list now.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, great all. It's on my BR calendar! I think I may just buy it in paperback at Wally World since I own #1 anyway... but I'll see. :-) EXCITED!

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I'll try to be here. I've been meaning to read this book again.

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Brianna♥ wrote: "I put the requests in at my library, so fingers crossed! I'm on a waiting list now."

Did you get it?

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Ashlyn wrote: "I'll try to be here. I've been meaning to read this book again."

Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Ok, great all. It's on my BR calendar! I think I may just buy it in paperback at Wally World since I own #1 anyway... but I'll see. :-) EXCITED!"

Are you going to be reading it with us on the 28th?? The more the merrier :D

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Trinity wrote: "Brianna♥ wrote: "I put the requests in at my library, so fingers crossed! I'm on a waiting list now."

Did you get it?"

Not yet! And I still haven't been able to start #1... :(

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Trinity wrote: "Ashlyn wrote: "I'll try to be here. I've been meaning to read this book again."

Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Ok, great all. It's on my BR calendar! I think I may just buy it in paperback at Wally Worl..."

Yes, I will try.

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I'm all set for this one! :) I'm excited!!

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Me 2! I can't wait to start tomorrow :-)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Me neither!!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Me too, my book is sitting there staring at me. I'll have to wait til after work tho - boo! LOLOLOL!

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I started it this morning since I'm listening to it in my car and will take me longer to read it :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Brianna♥ wrote: "I started it this morning since I'm listening to it in my car and will take me longer to read it :)"

Who is the narrator Brianna? It can make or break and audio book. I'm soooo curious!

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I agree! It looks like this one is Natalie Moore. City of Bones had a different narrator, so it's throwing me off a bit. Lol

message 33: by Brianna♥ (last edited Jun 27, 2013 10:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Ok so I'm like 20 pages in and I'm already confused on something.. (view spoiler)

So confused!!! Someone explain please! Lol

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Well I agree with that - would be (view spoiler).

Things that make you go hmmmmmm!

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Should we come back after 5 chapters?

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I think that should be good Trinity. Check in every 5 chapters or when something major happens - make sure to mark spoilers! Yay!

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Sounds good to me too!

message 38: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jun 29, 2013 02:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments (Trinity, if you made the link, you can move it to the "in progress" shelf. If you go up to the top, it should say "edit". Click that and click the down arrow and then pick buddy read: in progress. :) I hope that helps!)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Thanks Trisha :-) I already knew how to move it, I just forgot. Thank you for reminding me though! I hope everyone is enjoying the book so far! :-)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm about 3 chapters in so far, this book is sooooooo huge! BUT OMG it just takes right off, doesn't it??? I'm sooooooo worried already. And I'm not too happy with Alec and Isabelle's mom!

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "I'm about 3 chapters in so far, this book is sooooooo huge! BUT OMG it just takes right off, doesn't it??? I'm sooooooo worried already. And I'm not too happy with Alec and Isabelle's mom!"

Agreed! She's (view spoiler)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Brianna♥ wrote: "Becky (Indiana) wrote: "I'm about 3 chapters in so far, this book is sooooooo huge! BUT OMG it just takes right off, doesn't it??? I'm sooooooo worried already. And I'm not too happy with Alec a..."

I don't know. I couldn't do that at all! She's supposed to LOVE him, duh!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments OMG, I'm so angry with Maryse. I just called her a bad name. She kicked him OUT and took his KEYS?!?!?!? Oh aaarrrggghhh! She needs her A$$ kicked. Excuse my language.

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "OMG, I'm so angry with Maryse. I just called her a bad name. She kicked him OUT and took his KEYS?!?!?!? Oh aaarrrggghhh! She needs her A$$ kicked. Excuse my language."

Omg I know! At least they don't need keys to get in! :) I thought that was kind of funny.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Brianna♥ wrote: "Becky (Indiana) wrote: "OMG, I'm so angry with Maryse. I just called her a bad name. She kicked him OUT and took his KEYS?!?!?!? Oh aaarrrggghhh! She needs her A$$ kicked. Excuse my language."
..."

I love the way Luke keeps putting her in her place too. I can't figure her out yet....

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Brianna♥ wrote: "Becky (Indiana) wrote: "OMG, I'm so angry with Maryse. I just called her a bad name. She kicked him OUT and took his KEYS?!?!?!? Oh aaarrrggghhh! She needs her A$$ kicked. Excu..."

Me too! I feel like there's some secret that we still don't know yet...

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments just starting chapter 8, the beginning of Part 2. I'm kinda worried, not gonna lie!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I just love these kids!

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Just finished chapter 8! Omg! (view spoiler)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, I'm 2 pages away from finishing that chapter - and I just came to say - HOLY CRAP! I'll finish my 2 pages and then read your spoiler Brianna!

« previous 1