What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Ghost in the Attic (Haunting with Louisa, #1)
This topic is about The Ghost in the Attic
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA, From early-mid 90s, involves a ghost girl from past and girl from present, 3 part series? [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marisol (last edited May 31, 2013 06:33PM) (new)

Marisol (seasol) | 2 comments Hello,

Looking for a YA Novel, Fiction in a series of books, I believe it was a 3 part series. Rented from library in 1996 I think so probably published early to mid 90s.

Don't remember anything other than some details about plot:

Girl from past, 1800? dies in a fire, wakes up as a ghost in present time (90s?) Other girl living in that present time is visiting/living with her aunt in New England somewhere, I want to say Maine? They meet and try to find out what happened to her. The last I remember was they were going to find out more about a boat that would take the ghost girl to where she needed to go.

I know this is very vague but i read the first two books and never read the third. It wasn't a scary story either.

Thanks for any help!

message 2: by Lou (new)

Lou Rocama | 435 comments Could it be something by Betty Ren Wright?

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 71 comments The Ghost in the Attic maybe this series, but I read it a while ago and don't own a copy to check

message 4: by Jaina (new)

Jaina Rose (ireadtilldawn) | 52 comments Wait Till Helen Comessounds slightly like that, but it isn't a series. You might want to check it out, though.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Rebecca's suggestion of The Ghost in the Attic looks like a good bet. Stonewords: A Ghost Story by Pam Conrad has similar elements, but is more of a ghost horror story.

message 6: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca (beccaelf) | 66 comments Haunting With Louisa? That was a trilogy.

message 8: by Marisol (new)

Marisol (seasol) | 2 comments Oh my goodness! Yes, it's the Ghost In the attic!! You guys are amazing. Thank you so much. I am so happy this community exists. Thank you all for taking the time to respond.