European Royalty discussion

History Nominations > May 1 - Jun 1: Voting - Possible Tie!!!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Alright people, there might be a tie!!!!

This hasn't happened before with a poll. In the past, when I counted the votes, I would vote at the end in case a tie needed to be broken. I haven't voted yet here, so I can do the same. Question is, are people ok with me breaking the tie after the poll closes? If not, I can vote before I go to bed tonight, and if someone happens to vote after me and creates another tie, we could do a 1 or 2 day runoff poll between the tied books. What do people think?

message 2: by April Ann (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 83 comments A runoff sounds like fun!

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura I agree with April Ann.

message 4: by Sara W (last edited Apr 24, 2009 06:47AM) (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Well, I didn't vote at all, and we still managed to avoid a tie. I like the runoff idea as well, so that will be our policy if there is a tie in the future. Thanks to Bettie for her 11th hour save! ;)

message 5: by April Ann (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 83 comments I think Suite Francais is an excellent choice. I read it not too long ago. I was going to nominate it but someone beat me to it!

message 6: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments Um, I did forget all about voting, you want me to screw it up again? Hope you closed the polls.

message 7: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Ha ha Misfit, I think the poll closed itself already (thank goodness!).

message 8: by Bettie (new)

Bettie Sara wrote: "Well, I didn't vote at all, and we still managed to avoid a tie. I like the runoff idea as well, so that will be our policy if there is a tie in the future. Thanks to Bettie for her 11th hour sav..."

dry run runoff [image error]

message 9: by Sera (new)

Sera I'm glad that this book won since I've been wanting to read it for awhile. I'll likely start it next week.

message 10: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments I just read this book and LOVED it, so I'm really excited to discuss it with this group while it's fresh on my mind.

message 11: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Ha ha, btw, I love the little cartoon Bettie!

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 378 comments It's been on my Mt. TBR since... uh, for about a year now. Perhaps I'll actually read it now!