The Otherworld of Kelley Armstrong discussion

The OtherWorld: Books > Frostbitten (Book 10)

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

here's what you've all been waiting for. the first 3 chapters of Frostbitten is finally here. i cannot wait!

here is the link to those who haven't read it yet.
http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/chapte...

ENJOY!!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

i actually cannot wait for frostbitten to come out. is anyone else as anxious or is it just me :D

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda It's not just you, I can't wait either. I just won't read the preview chapters until it gets a bit closer to the release (they're just too much temptation for my overactive imagination).

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

yh i know wat u mean. and the good thing is that it starts off straight away with action. i love it

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Sermeno (twitterpated) | 11 comments does anyone remember the date the book comes out?

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Amazon has the release date as Sept. 29

message 7: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillexxelias) | 36 comments it's tooo far away :(
I absolutely love Clay and Elena, and I can't wait to see what their twins do!

message 8: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 15 comments I just recieved my copy of Frostbitten this morning can't wait to start it later today

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

YAY!!! Finally Frostbitten is here! Cant wait to get my copy and start reading.
I hope you guys engoy it, i think i'll put it up for a group read

message 10: by Literary Ames (last edited Sep 29, 2009 11:39AM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 65 comments I've just finished Frostbitten. Elena confronts her past fears, we meet a new race of shifters, we have a new pack member, an almost pack member and a possible future pack member. Hurray for new young blood in the pack!

It was good. It's definitely worth reading.

message 11: by Angie (new)

Angie Yay - my copy arrived today

message 12: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 15 comments Really enjoyed it and want more to read now. Nice to have Elena and Clay as the main characters again.

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 05, 2009 02:35PM) (new)

I loved every minute of reading this book. KA did a really good job and a great plotline as usual. Would have loved to see more of Antonio, and Nick is gorgeous, :D I love the new characters too.
My guess is that if kelley gets contracted for more books then maybe she'll do one more Elana story about her Ascension to Alphahood.

Btw who's next in line to Narrate, was is Savannah?

message 14: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 15 comments Sarah wrote: "I loved every minute of reading this book. KA did a really good job and a great plotline as usual. Would have loved to see more of Antonio, and Nick is gorgeous, :D I love the new characters too.
..."

I would like to see more of Nick and Antonio as well.
I think it is Savannah next and would be good if there was one with Cassandra narrating, I would like to know more about her.

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9 comments I loved this book. Elena is my favorite narrator. I am so happy that there were new younger werewolves introduced too because I feel like now the pack really does have a shot at growing. I was getting a little worried because everyone in the pack is either really old (not likely to have kids -aside from Clay and Elena) or really young (Logan and Kate). I have no doubt that Elena will be a good alpha, but I was starting to get a little worried about whom exactly she would be leading. I never really thought Nick or Antonio would protest Jeremy's choice for successor, but if there isn't fresh blood in the pack, the pack would eventually die out.... and that wasn't a prospect I was too happy about. I am really glad KA decided to bring in more werewolves, I was starting to think that maybe there really just weren't all that many mutts in the world and that maybe in protecting humans from man-eating mutts, they had decimated the population. I was really excited to hear about the Russian pack and I hope that KA writes a book about a collaborative effort between the Russian pack and an American led Elena pack!

message 16: by Mariah (new)

Mariah  | 19 comments Amy wrote: "I loved this book. Elena is my favorite narrator. I am so happy that there were new younger werewolves introduced too because I feel like now the pack really does have a shot at growing. I was g..."

Wow girl, I agree. I would love to read a story about the Russian pack and the American pack, that would be nutts!

As all of the other Books, I loved Frostbitten. Honestly, the only thing I didnt like was the fact that bastard rapist kept getting his free feels, and that he stayed alive for soo long. Other than that it was excellent. Hopefully the next book is narrated by Savannah, its long overdue.

message 17: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 65 comments Mariah, the next book is called Waking the Witch so I can only guess that the next one will either be from Paige's or Savannah's perspective.

message 18: by Mariah (new)

Mariah  | 19 comments Amy wrote: "Mariah, the next book is called Waking the Witch so I can only guess that the next one will either be from Paige's or Savannah's perspective."

Cool I dint know that, now I'll be on the look-out..Thanks!

message 19: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 65 comments Kelley's newsletter confirms Waking the Witch as well as the following book will be narrated by a 21 year old Savannah.

The first 3 chapters of Waking the Witch are here:
http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/pdf_fi...

Enjoy!

message 20: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9 comments Amy wrote: "Kelley's newsletter confirms Waking the Witch as well as the following book will be narrated by a 21 year old Savannah.

The first 3 chapters of Waking the Witch are here:
http://www.kelleyarmst..."

Do you know when this book will be released?

message 21: by Literary Ames (last edited Nov 02, 2009 05:48AM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 65 comments Early August 2010 in hardcover.

More information here:
http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/aWakin...

message 22: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9 comments Cool thanks :D

message 23: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillexxelias) | 36 comments ahhh! i loved it :) I just got my copy from the library a few days ago, and it was so amazing. I was so happy about the new pack members, and, as always, Clay= yummy :)

message 24: by Meeka (new)

Meeka | 7 comments It was a good read...lol. Can't wait to read more about the characters in the future.

message 25: by Katerina (new)

Katerina Kissinger (ashbert13) | 1 comments I haven't read this book yet. I really enjoyed the books that were more to do with magic insofar as the demon/witch books. The werewolf books just didn't have the same appeal. How did this book compare to the other wolf books? Was it better? Did it incorporate characters from the other books that are more magic bound? I'd love to hear your thoughts,

Kat

message 26: by Mariah (new)

Mariah  | 19 comments Katerina wrote: "I haven't read this book yet. I really enjoyed the books that were more to do with magic insofar as the demon/witch books. The werewolf books just didn't have the same appeal. How did this book ..."

Well Kat, unfortunately Paige and Lucas or Savanna are not in this book, although Elena does speak to them. But, yes this is to me the best wolf narrated novel in the series so far. As for new characters...yes def. new antagonists as well as wolves..not going to spoil it for you cuz its a good book.

message 27: by Candy (new)

Candy Dodson (candydida) | 24 comments I really like Frostbitten. It's my fave of this series so far.

message 28: by Arica (new)

Arica Flores | 1 comments Just finished Frostbitten! I loved it. It is good to see how far the relationship betweeen Elena and Clay has progressed.

message 29: by Candy (new)

Candy Dodson (candydida) | 24 comments Arica wrote: "Just finished Frostbitten! I loved it. It is good to see how far the relationship betweeen Elena and Clay has progressed."

I really liked seeing their relationship down the road also.

message 30: by Candy (new)

Candy Dodson (candydida) | 24 comments Katerina wrote: "I haven't read this book yet. I really enjoyed the books that were more to do with magic insofar as the demon/witch books. The werewolf books just didn't have the same appeal. How did this book ..."

Frostbitten is all werewolf, no magic.

message 31: by AH (new)

AH I really enjoyed Frostbitten. I would be interested to see if Kelley Armstrong goes deeper into Elena's roots and her possible connection to the Russian weres.

message 32: by Candy (new)

Candy Dodson (candydida) | 24 comments AH wrote: "I really enjoyed Frostbitten. I would be interested to see if Kelley Armstrong goes deeper into Elena's roots and her possible connection to the Russian weres."

I agree. I'd like to see that, too.

message 33: by Candy (new)

Candy Dodson (candydida) | 24 comments Lucille wrote: "ahhh! i loved it :) I just got my copy from the library a few days ago, and it was so amazing. I was so happy about the new pack members, and, as always, Clay= yummy :)"

Totally. Clay is definitely yummy.