The Cemetery of Lost Books discussion

The Shadow of the Wind > Sign up for the Read-Along!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alethea (new)

Alethea A (frootjoos) | 29 comments Mod
Ok y'all.

The goal of the read-along is to read a little bit every day for a month in order to have everything about The Shadow of the Wind fresh in your mind just before the prequel, Angel's Game, comes out in English this summer.

I have no idea whether or not the 2nd book has anything to offer that hinges on you knowing SotW all that well. But it's a book I definitely think is worth a re-read, possibly even an annual re-read (like my husband used to do with LOTR, and a lot of people I know do with Harry Potter).

So! If you'd like to Read-Along, post here! I will be posting every day from May 15th-June 15th a new topic thread where discussion of that day's pages may be posted.

If you know someone who has read the book and may be interested in our discussion, please direct them to
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

If you know someone who might enjoy Shadow of the Wind, please recommend it to them and let them know the read-along starts on May 15th! I think it would make pretty good conversation to cross posts with people who are reading the book for the first time, since that will force re-readers to stick to discussing only was has been covered during the read-along, and avoid spoiling the novel for newbies.

Additionally if anyone sees/hears/smells anything having to do with Señor Ruiz Zafón doing signings (anywhere) please feel free to post info here. I for one would love to hear him speak (although my copy is already signed, I never got to meet him! I bought it that way.)

If anyone has further suggestions on drumming up excitement for The Angel's Game, please post that up too. I'd love to hear from you.

message 2: by Penelope (new)

Penelope (pendraig) | 4 comments Hi Alethea - Good idea. I will try to get a copy - I read it at book club and not sure the copy is still about. I am interested in where you are posting from ? Regards

cheeseflavoredcorncurls | 6 comments you've got a signed copy?!!! whoa!

message 4: by Penelope (new)

Penelope (pendraig) | 4 comments What is LOTR ?

message 5: by Jane (new)

Jane (janeg) | 16 comments Lord of the Rings

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 7 comments Ooh! I love the idea! Sounds like fun!

message 7: by Gisela (last edited Apr 14, 2009 07:30PM) (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) While The Angel's Game, has some characters from The Shadow of the Wind, it is a stand alone book. That is, you can read and enjoy without having read SOW. However, anyone who loves a good book should MUST read The Shadow of the Wind!

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 7 comments Cool! Thanks for letting us know, Gisela!

message 9: by Julie's WILD (new)

Julie's WILD | 1 comments Sure, I'm interested