The BURIED Book Club discussion

Call It Sleep
This topic is about Call It Sleep
THEN buried, now NOT > Call It Sleep

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Most excellent. This kind of story, what I'm tempted to call The Story of Moby-Dick, interests me all most as much as the unburials themselves. Edifying.

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Oh, and do you happen to have anything from that 1964 resuscitation? Reviews or what not? Anything on-line? Or is it a preface or other write up in a book's edition?

Er, uh, there's bunches o' links on the wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Roth

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Irving Howe then. thnks. And prior to that front-page review was this from the American Spectator: http://neglectedbooks.com/?page_id=50

message 4: by Mala (new)

Mala | 146 comments @ Enrique: "I love this group, Nathan! I read every thread and post religiously, to the point of following links and spending time to the detriment of having time for other groups and friend's reviews and such."

Enrique,you surely deserve a medal for being the most active BBC member but then it's only fair that you behave thus cause you are half the inspiration behind this group,if I remember correctly!

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Mala wrote: "cause you [ie, Enrique] are half the inspiration behind this group,if I remember correctly! "

I like to think of him as the NAIL in the coughin. But that final nail and before it the point of my ever having bothered with goodreads cuz here were people reading books I thought were BURIED but proved me otherwise and now so we dig deeper for those tomes dusted over with ages. Indeed, one ought to treat those books which the masses and the kno-betters would have us believe have earned their fate as lost--we should treat them with awe and with reverence and with RELIGIOSITY not to mention skepticism. Eh, who knows what's underneath our feet, tucked away and mis-shELVed at The Village Bookshop. [and to both lURkers und ContribUTORS alike, merci!]

message 6: by Mala (last edited Mar 24, 2013 01:22AM) (new)

Mala | 146 comments Merci indeed! Coming from taciturn YOU,that's something!
Wish we all had access to The Village Bookshop (in Bermuda?).

message 7: by Mala (new)

Mala | 146 comments You know,you can write very good horror stories...
Point taken,loud & clear.