The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Old Contests > March on to April Contest Rules.

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (last edited Mar 30, 2013 03:45PM) (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 178 comments Mod
So, we begin again!

The rules for this month are:

1) The work must be your own.
2) Your entry must relate to the prompt, or theme of this month. Other than that:
3) Your submission can be in any genre: fiction, non-fiction, poetry, short fiction. You name it, you can submit.
4) As always the judges (myself, and one other to be decided at a future interval), will choose one winner who we believe to have the best entry.
5) Above all have fun! Good luck all.

The prompt for this month is: rebirth, and entropy. Both symbolic and literal, as we are in the spring months in the northern hemispheres, and the fall months in the southern ones, as well as the fact that we are getting this group back on it's feet.

You enter in this topic.

message 2: by Kylie (new)

Kylie any length? is the deadline april 1st then?

message 3: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

Actually, because I started the contest in late March, we're running it until April 30th. So there is still plenty of time.

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) Cool! More time!! More happiness!! =D

message 5: by Purvika (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 57 comments And more..... Chapters :p

message 7: by Purvika (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 57 comments By then it will be finished dear ...

message 9: by Purvika (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 57 comments Na na... We will have many entries.... And our miss awesomeness is submitting tooo

message 10: by Rosie (new)

Rosie (dciphoenix) | 9 comments And where do we submit the entries to? :S A link would be helpful. Thanks. :)

message 11: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

Woops, forgot to post the link in the OP. I'll edit that post. Anyway, right here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 12: by Kylie (new)

Kylie so i think i posted something for this but im not sure, can i still judge if i have an entry if i can be impartial enough?

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) Kylie wrote: "so i think i posted something for this but im not sure, can i still judge if i have an entry if i can be impartial enough?"

I don't think anyone is allowed to do both...

message 14: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

Kylie wrote: "so i think i posted something for this but im not sure, can i still judge if i have an entry if i can be impartial enough?"

Unfortunately, if you've entered into the contest you can't judge. That being said, I'll keep you in mind for next month's contest if you still want to judge then.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I wanna try these one... But dunno if I will have time to write something intresting...

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) Ciperis wrote: "I wanna try these one... But dunno if I will have time to write something intresting..."

You have A MONTH. Try it Sir Epic =)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I will :D

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

good luck to us all :D

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) Yeah, that's better =D Augusti is writing too XD

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I checked :D

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) I still have to read it :b

message 23: by Shelly L. (new)

Shelly L. Snow | 3 comments Born Again…

And so we descend when life grows cold
Into the darkness and snap of cold
To hide ourselves and keep warm
From the cruel face of Fall and Winter storms

With cold eyes and voices we are attacked
By those who disapprove and think were slack
But little do they know that warm together we do grow
In side of our warm cocoon

Then in early Spring we emerge
To move ourselves undisturbed
Away from the cold attacks
To a happy and warm habitat

So now that the winds are warm
We’ve thawed out from the cold and harm
And have bonded to one anther true
Where we are born again and anew!

message 24: by Just Joe (new)

Just Joe (justjoe) This is the rules, if you click the golden CONTEST at the top it should say applications on one of the topics, click that and then put it there :)

message 25: by Kylie (new)

Kylie ok i dont have to judge i can just enter its fine!

message 26: by Rosie (new)

Rosie (dciphoenix) | 9 comments I've entered- mine is up. I hope you all like. :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.