Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Add Book

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna Davis (seattlebookmama) | 41 comments Karl Marx:A Biography
no author
NOT by David McClellan (the Marx bio currently in system)
Progress Publishers
Moscow
1973 (first) 1989 (last)
ISBN 5-01-000318-X

cover is on my profile. I would like to make it private again, but have left it open all week to no avail. Can anyone amongst librarians help w this? Does staff need to take care of it? Please advise.

message 2: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments All fixed up. It did indeed have an author but it certainly wasn't David McClellan. You can make your profile private again.

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna Davis (seattlebookmama) | 41 comments The author "group" consists of P.N.Fedoseyev;Irene Bakh;LI Gorman;N.Y. Kolpinsky;B.A. Krylov;I.I. Kuzmanov;A.I. Malysh;V.G.Mosolov; and Yevgenia Stepanova. Mine is the English translation.

If the edition you found has one author stated, it is not this book. I will leave my profile open and hope it is added.

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna Davis (seattlebookmama) | 41 comments I don't see my book. Did you add the "portable" version? Mine is anything but portable. Hard cover, made to last. I gave the exact title. I will leave my profile open, if you can add what I gave.

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna Davis (seattlebookmama) | 41 comments I see that "a political biography" has been added; that isn't it either. This one was produced by the CP in Moscow.

message 6: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments It was this edition, was it not?

message 7: by Vicky (last edited Mar 21, 2013 12:50PM) (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments I think lafon has the right book. Here is the worldcat page for the book with the ISBN you gave: http://www.worldcat.org/title/karl-ma...

This gives the author Petr Nikolaevich Fedoseev, likely your P.N. Fedoseyev. He was probably the head editor/writer with other contributing writers that are not listed on WorldCat - but that does not mean this is not the right book.

ETA: It's not currently coming up in search, which may be causing the confusion. Probably a caching issue of sorts.

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna Davis (seattlebookmama) | 41 comments That's what caused the confusion, yes. Thank you for the link. I would've replied sooner, but I use a PC & was not home. Thanks for both of your assistance; I'll go ahead and change my profile back.