David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Partials (Partials Sequence, #1)
This topic is about Partials
Buddy Reads! > Partials Buddy Read!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 103 (103 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Lolita, Bethany and I are starting a buddy read of Partials by Dan Wells on Monday, March 25th. Anyone is welcome to join us!

It's read at your own pace, so please post how far along you are and anything exciting in spoilers :) And most of all, have fun!!!

message 2: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
I might share some of my thoughts as you guys go as well!

message 3: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

You're always welcome!

Meaghan | 383 comments If I can get through my March challenge, I will start this book! I don't know that it'll be Monday but maybe later next week. :)

message 5: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

awww thanks!

message 6: by Simone (new) - added it

Simone | 67 comments This one looks like fun! I still have to give my thoughts on Requiem! My little princess has been sick so I haven't had time. I'll request it from the library ASAP, but I will be behind. Maybe I should wait for the buddy read of part 2... Anyone know when 3 is going to be released? I hate waiting :(

message 7: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Book 2 was just released last month, so I'd say its going to be awhile for book 3

message 8: by Simone (new) - added it

Simone | 67 comments I was afraid of that :(

message 9: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meaghan wrote: "If I can get through my March challenge, I will start this book! I don't know that it'll be Monday but maybe later next week. :)"

Cool!! We'd love to have you!

message 10: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Simone wrote: "This one looks like fun! I still have to give my thoughts on Requiem! My little princess has been sick so I haven't had time. I'll request it from the library ASAP, but I will be behind. Maybe I sh..."

Aww hope your little one is getting better!

message 11: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I can't wait to start this book :). And I am looking forward to buddy reading it with you all!

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "I might share some of my thoughts as you guys go as well!"

Same here! I'm excited for everyone to read this, and by joining it, it'll be a refresher for me before we read Fragments! :)

message 13: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments I started this a long time ago, and never finished it. So I'd be up for the buddy read - mind if I join in?

message 14: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen wrote: "I started this a long time ago, and never finished it. So I'd be up for the buddy read - mind if I join in?"

Lol of course not! The more viewpoints the better :) And it will be interesting to see whether you can get into it more the second time around!

message 15: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lolita wrote: "I can't wait to start this book :). And I am looking forward to buddy reading it with you all!"

You too Lola!! Can't wait ;)

message 16: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I might share some of my thoughts as you guys go as well!"

Same here! I'm excited for everyone to read this, and by joining it, it'll be a refresher for me before we read Fragments!..."

Ooh yay! Glad you'll be rereading along!

message 17: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I might share some of my thoughts as you guys go as well!"

Same here! I'm excited for everyone to read this, and by joining it, it'll be a refresher for me before we read Fragments!..."

Ooh yay! Glad you'll be rereading along!

message 18: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I think I will be starting Partials this evening. I just finished my current read.

message 19: by Bethany (new) - added it

Bethany | 171 comments Jen wrote: "I started this a long time ago, and never finished it. So I'd be up for the buddy read - mind if I join in?"

I did the same thing, Jen. I started and didn't get very far in before I gave up. But, it wasn't really because it was terrible. I think I had way too many books to read at the time and that one had temporarily lost my interest so I put it on the back burner. But, I do hope that I am more into it this time around.

message 20: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lolita wrote: "I think I will be starting Partials this evening. I just finished my current read."

Yay! Me too, I just finished mine so I'm going to get into this one tonight!

Is everyone excited for the buddy read? I am!!

message 21: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I am too! I'll pick up a copy at the library tomorrow!

message 22: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I am 9% in already. So far it is good. The world building is interesting, although still many questions remain at this point. I am not yet sure about the character, but I do like the main character already. She has shown some personality already and I think I am going to like her.
I think it's really strange to imagine a world like this where so many women are pregnant.

Also I am not yet sure what Marcus and Kira's relationship is yet. I think they have a love each other, but I am not entirely sure yet.

message 23: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments 16% in already. The pace is a bit slow, but the story is okay so far. I do have a problem remembering the characters are teenagers for some reason, they sound more lik they are in their early twenties to me. Which is a bit confusing, because I have to remind myself every time they are teenagers. The relationship thing is made clear now. Not really anything spoilery to mention yet.

message 24: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lol early readers! I'm at 25% and I complete agree that they feel older, at least early 20s but maybe it's a function of the strange world they live in. It seems like they just have to grow up a lot faster. Wait till you get to 25% to read this, but (view spoiler)

message 25: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments David wrote: "Lol early readers! I'm at 25% and I complete agree that they feel older, at least early 20s but maybe it's a function of the strange world they live in. It seems like they just have to grow up a lo..."

I indeed think that because of the world they live in, they have to grow up faster and that's why they seem older, but every time it is mentioned that they are teenagers I still think "no way they sound much older". And they all get childrens when they are so young and the work they have to do while they are still so young, it's so different from our world.

message 26: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lolita wrote: "David wrote: "Lol early readers! I'm at 25% and I complete agree that they feel older, at least early 20s but maybe it's a function of the strange world they live in. It seems like they just have t..."

I know, I'm the same way. The only time she sounded young was when she was talking to that girl who likes music, I forget her name, and talking about clothes and stuff...not sure if you're up to that part yet. But she sounded sooo different then to the rest of the book. It's almost like she's getting pulled between being a teenager and being an adult. It reminds me of that Brittany Spears song "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman" or something like that lol!

message 27: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I am at 23% now and just read that part about the music. There was also the situation with (view spoiler) It's a bit strange she sounded so different in both those situations and right after that part she was all like (view spoiler)

Also i am not sure if I read over it or not, but what does RM stays for? That disease stuff?

I am going to read a bit more, so I can read your 25% spoiler :P

message 28: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I am at 25% now. I was actually a bit surprised (view spoiler)

message 29: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

David wrote: "Lol early readers! I'm at 25% and I complete agree that they feel older, at least early 20s but maybe it's a function of the strange world they live in. It seems like they just have to grow up a lo..."

Yes, it felt like they were older to me too, but a lot of dystopians feel that way. Realistically, how many times can a teenager save the world? lol

message 30: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I can't wait to get my hands on a copy tomorrow! I remember all this, but I want to read it again! lol

A LOT more happens in the story, don't worry, there's plenty for a series!

message 31: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I am at 29% now (view spoiler) I am going to sleep now, more reading tomorrow :)

message 32: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments Jenny wrote: "I can't wait to get my hands on a copy tomorrow! I remember all this, but I want to read it again! lol

A LOT more happens in the story, don't worry, there's plenty for a series!"

Yeah I assumed a lot more happens, but at this moment I really wonder what is going to happen, because I know a lor more is going to happen. Okay that sounds a bit strange.

message 33: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I am 39% in now (view spoiler)

message 34: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments 48% read (view spoiler)

message 35: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lolita wrote: "I am 39% in now [spoilers removed]"

Funny, I think I was thinking some of the exact same things! I'm enjoying the story, but I agree that character development is taking a back seat, at least for the most part.

message 36: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lolita wrote: "48% read [spoilers removed]"

Again, I was of the same mindset. Mr Wells is well-learned or well-researched on medical stuff, I didn't understand half of it lol!

message 37: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah, this book is more about the action and the story as opposed to character development. I really noticed it more in the first half of the story.

message 38: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm about 24% through my reread at the moment. (view spoiler)

message 39: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

OK 55% now (view spoiler)

message 40: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny wrote: "I'm about 24% through my reread at the moment. [spoilers removed]"

LOL those bits were great, loved them!! Hmm tough call, I'm further ahead now so I have a little extra info, but I'd say (view spoiler)

message 41: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

David wrote: "OK 55% now

David, (view spoiler) I'm glad you're enjoying it!

message 42: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

David, I thought about the same way you did. I'm not telling you if you are right though ;)

message 43: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lol whew! I have a good feeling now that my little plot niggles are part of a master plan! I hope so!

message 44: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm at 70% now (view spoiler)

message 45: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Don't read until you finish chapter twenty two (view spoiler)

Geez, I'm only good at buddy reads on weekends. Dang work!! ;-)

I'm only in about 10% on my reread. So, I'll comment based on my not so good memory! Heheheh...

David wrote: "OK 55% now The plot is awesome so far, love that there appears to be SO MUCH MORE to the story about how RM got unleashed. I'm leaning toward

David, I was also blown away by (view spoiler)

At least reading your posts is helping me remember and preparing me for the buddy read of Fragments! ;-)

message 48: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen wrote: "David wrote: "OK 55% now The plot is awesome so far, love that there appears to be SO MUCH MORE to the story about how RM got unleashed. I'm leaning toward

David, I was also blown away by Kira b..."

LOL that's good! I'm glad we're helping with the refresher before the sequel ;)

message 49: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments David wrote: "OK 55% now

I am at 55% now and I agree you have some good points (view spoiler)

I think this book is really a book you have to read in a few days, because else you forget pieces of what's going on. I am happy I have so much time to read, because I do think that without that this book would be more difficult to read through, it is pretty complicated and slow paced.

message 50: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Totally agree with everything you said :) I think there may be answers to most of our questions by the end. At least I hope do! Yeah, books are way better if you can read them in just a few days in my opinion :)

Where's Bethany? Will be very interesting to hear her thoughts too :)

« previous 1 3