What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical romance: Highwayman themed book with twists. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 4 comments I have been looking for this book for so long now. It is about a man posing to be a highwayman who meets a girl posing as a bar wench. I think she puts on a wig to pose as such wench. In real life the highwayman poser is a clumsy chap that actually knows the young woman posing to be a bar wench. The girls maid helps her to dress up as such wench. These two know each other in both scenarios but don't know one is the other (confusing I know). The highwayman ends up sleeping with the tavern wench in the stables. The same highwayman kidnaps girl and takes her to a tower and keeps her there... he makes her think the tower is very far from her house, when really it is right next to her house. I guess that is all the info I will give without giving too much for spoilers... if anyone can help, thanks!

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 4 comments I feel it may be Nightrider by Sandra Dubday, but am unsure. Has anyone read this book?

message 3: by HJ (new)

HJ Have you looked through this list of the best highwayman romances? You may recognise it when you see it, or you can check the details of each book.

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/88...

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Melissa, are you still looking for this?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
No response from Melissa in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 4 comments Yes, I just remembered it again and went on the hunt

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Moonsilver (1995) by Linda Hilton seems to match part of your description.

"A double "desire in disguise" tale brings together the mistress of Stanhope Manor, Elizabeth Stanhope, and legendary highwayman Jack Silver. Determined to meet her hero, Elizabeth masquerades as a tavern wench, never knowing that Jack is the seemingly meek nephew of her intended."
http://www.rtbookreviews.com/book-rev...

Melissa, what year did you read this historical romance?

How do the heroine and hero feel about each other at the start, when they're not in disguise?

Why does the heroine (a titled lady?) pose as a barmaid?

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 4 comments Omg Kris!! You are amazing :) This is the book. I have been looking for this for YEARS and you definitely made my day!

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Glad we could help. Yes, that one was tricky. I got lucky with a general Google search that led me to the review in #8, something like:

"book review" "historical romance" "highwayman" masquerade tavern

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Nightrider (other topics)
Moonsilver (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Linda Hilton (other topics)