The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

If there was only one book that you could read again what would it be?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisamarie1987) | 22 comments I was just thinking that I am going to read "Breakfast at Tiffanys" again as I saw it mentioned in a discussion and remembered that I loved it when I read it a few years ago. I'm just wondering, if there was only one book that you could re-read what would it be?

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Hargraves | 94 comments I think Cold Mountain or The Poisonwood Bible.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisamarie1987) | 22 comments I haven't read The Perks of Being a Wallflower yet but it seems to be very good based on reviews- must try it!

message 4: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Wallace | 22 comments Most probably, this
The Stand by Stephen King

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisamarie1987) | 22 comments Patricia wrote: "I think Cold Mountain or The Poisonwood Bible."

Cool I haven't read either of those :)

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisamarie1987) | 22 comments Sydney wrote: "Most probably, this
The Stand by Stephen King"

cool :)

DeeTimes' Reading Nook (cricket011) The picture of Dorian GrayThe Picture of Dorian Gray

message 9: by Tee (new)

Tee Gone With The Wind.
The Silence of the Lambs.

message 10: by Tone (new)

Tone (tonjel) | 18 comments This was a hard question.
If I should chose only one book I think it would be The Perks of being a wallflower (or maybe Harry potter 7)

message 11: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 18 comments I agree with The Stand

message 12: by LaVerne (new)

LaVerne Clark (laverneclark) Seriously - only one?!? That is so mean ;)
Okay...if I HAD to choose, it would be this one:

Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

message 13: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Milia | 8 comments Mine is Amazing Grace by Megan Shull. She's a local author for me, and I met her and she signed my book....right after she sold it to me...haha :) But its really good and always satisfies me at the end.

message 14: by Shawna (last edited Mar 19, 2013 08:06PM) (new)

Shawna | 32 comments Just one?
The Pillars of the Earth followed closely by about 10 others. lol

message 15: by Bread (new)

Bread (etchmaymay) | 30 comments one book!? Probably the Summoning by Kelley Armstrong because its so unique and each time you read it you stumble upon a new detail!

message 16: by Arwen (new)

Arwen prob either between the lines or obsidian

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe "Kane and Abel" by Jefferey Archer. Or even "The Thing Between U And Me...When Life Goes Filmy" by Sagar

message 18: by Christy (new)

Christy (cmblaker) LaVerne wrote: "Seriously - only one?!? That is so mean ;)
Okay...if I HAD to choose, it would be this one:

Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon"

Def Outlander for me too!

message 19: by Moon (new)

Moon (eccb17) | 1 comments well Harry Potter for sure. It was the book that made me fall in love with reading.

message 20: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Perry | 229 comments One? I think I'd rather cut off my fingers than if I could only re-read one book. If I had to choose one I guess it would be Fallen by Lauren Kate

message 21: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Perry | 229 comments Lynn wrote: "well Harry Potter for sure. It was the book that made me fall in love with reading."

I would second that as well

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisamarie1987) | 22 comments ha yeah i guess it was a pretty hard question :-)

message 23: by Yrjada (new)

Yrjada | 1 comments Living Loving and Learning
Buscaglia, Leo

message 24: by Michael (new)

Michael (lovechild) | 280 comments Oh this is a great question.. It seem hard for me to detached the book that becomes perfect and ingrained in to your soul from what is going on in your world at that time.

I would have to say
Loverboys Stories by Ana Castillo

I was coming from one of the greatest vacation I ever been on, dealing with a broke heart. I was stuck in Airport as a storm stopped all travel, alone still distilling everything that had happened. I needed to get back to my university having missed the first week of classes. This book at that time was perfect and spoke to me. And yeah it would be okay to experience that once more. =)

message 25: by Nabhaswati (new)

Nabhaswati | 8 comments The Zahir by Coelho. Maybe.

message 26: by Reaghan (new)

Reaghan | 52 comments Wow...I just cannot choose 1...maybe Harry Potter in a foreign language so I could do two things at once? If I only had one book to read, I might as well learn a new language too...

message 27: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) THE FLOCK joan frances casey - amazing Flock: The Autobiography of a Multiple Personality Flock The Autobiography of a Multiple Personality by Joan Frances Casey

message 28: by Liz (new)

Liz Barnsley (lizzy11268) | 8 comments Ooh thats a hard one. Probably either something by Stephen King or "The Gone Away World" by Nick Harkaway.

message 29: by Barb (new)

Barb | 1 comments i just read a great book recently, hilarious and i'd seriously recommend it, its by a little known author Observation City Observation City by Kerry Louise Connelly

message 30: by Yassemin (last edited Mar 20, 2013 03:14AM) (new)

Yassemin (yas666) | 56 comments Sydney wrote: "Most probably, this

Agreed with this one. LOVE it.

Or

One of my favourite books ever The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

message 31: by LaVerne (new)

LaVerne Clark (laverneclark) Yas wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Most probably, this

Or

One of my favourite books everThe Historian by Elizabeth Kostova"

Yas - I'd completely forgotten

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
It was a fantastic book! And the detail was incredible too. Thanks for the reminder :)

message 32: by Tejashree (new)

Tejashree | 6 comments Its hard to choose one book...

maybe Pride & Prejudice.

message 33: by Ashima (new)

Ashima (ashimachoudhary1) | 20 comments many fall in the list but I'd say Jane eyre..

message 34: by Laura (new)

Laura | 62 comments Harry Potter, for sure. I've never had more fun reading than with those books! If I had to choose just one of the HP books, that would be tough. I'd probably go with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling for the resolution.

message 35: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 42 comments Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

message 36: by Becky (new)

Becky (smit3497) | 5 comments Catch-22

message 37: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 42 comments Becky wrote: "Catch-22"

YES. Beyond awesome book. It was the first novel, incredibly dark though it was, that made me laugh out loud.

message 38: by KSLVee (new)

KSLVee (kslv) | 4 comments Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire :)

message 39: by Becky (new)

Becky (smit3497) | 5 comments Yash wrote: "Yash wrote: "Becky wrote: "Catch-22"

You know Becky i just didnt get anything I read the Book and I was completely clueless and bewildered as to what I have read I know the problem with me not wit..."

I read it when I was in high school on my own. It took me half the book to realize that the story jumped around in time. I reread it after college and still found it crazy, dark, and hilarious. If you try it again, I would suggest reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand first. She did a wonderful job at explaining the lives and mentality of servicemen in WWII, through the telling of Louis Zamperini's life story. I also loved the end of Catch-22. It gave me the feeling of hope.

message 40: by Becky (new)

Becky (smit3497) | 5 comments Deborah wrote: "Becky wrote: "Catch-22"

YES. Beyond awesome book. It was the first novel, incredibly dark though it was, that made me laugh out loud."

It was the book that got me to love reading. I loved it from the first chapter :)

message 41: by Isabel (new)

Isabel | 10 comments Pride & prejudice

message 42: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaplath) "To the lighthouse"

message 43: by Lena (new)

Lena  (3Lena3) | 25 comments clockwork prince

message 44: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissyki) | 2 comments I'd definitely read "The Fault In Our Stars" again, Loved it!

message 45: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisamarie1987) | 22 comments Yas wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Most probably, this

Or

One of my favourite books everThe Historian by Elizabeth Kostova"

The Historian is actually on my "To Read" list- must start that soon :)

message 46: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Water Music by T.Coraghesson Boyle

message 47: by Linda (new)

Linda Murray | 4 comments a certain smile by francoise sagan

message 49: by Angelica (new)

Angelica Thompson | 134 comments Impulse by Ellen Hopkins can never get tired of that

message 50: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 37 comments I'm going to cheat a little. The books I'd have to read again would be Sharon Penman's Welsh Trilogy. They are:

Here be Dragons

Falls the Shadow

The Reckoning

The last book left me in tears and I don't cry easily. So if you haven't read this trilogy; you're really missing something great.

Also 'The Phantom' by Susan Kay-A brilliant book.

« previous 1